E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Frustrations...

10-04-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Unhappy Frustrations...

Right, firstly sorry to everyone whom I haven't replied to PMs etc it's been a crazy week with work and my broadband went on the blink too... I'll reply today!

Still, am back in the land of the E90post.com now so all's well. Well, except for my car that is...! I took my car back in to the dealer for all the ongoing repairs to be completed, and came away mega annoyed...

1) I need a whole new rear back seat, mounting rods, locks, assmebly, parcel shelf... the knocking noise/rattle has now become ridiculous! Problem is, there's a 14 day wait on parts.

2) My entire iDrive system went on the blink (it had started going wrong at UK4, and now it just doesn't work)... So a new CCC has been ordered. Funny thing is, the dealer has two 5 series and a 6 series in the workshop having exactly the same problem. Oh, but there are no CCCs in the UK - so that's a four day wait. Plus reprogramming time. And what if it goes wrong again?! :sad0147:

3) The driver's seat needs new mounts and hinges (AGAIN!) - now I know I'm not the lightest of people, but I'm not THAT bloody heavy!! (just under 16 stone)

4) It's going back into the paintshop because the touch up job done to the rear bootlid is just visible

Given that since I've had my car from March this year I've been driving a courtesy car for over six weeks, I got really irritated with the delays and problems. I won't have my car back for at least two to three weeks - that will make it over two months of not driving my own car!! So I had a chat with BMW UK, and sent a fair but strong letter of disapproval to my dealer. Lo and behold, he replies to my email almost instantly, apologising for the problems and delays. I said that the least they could do was put me in a more suitable replacement car for my 335.. (have been driving a 320d)

I pick up an E60 Sport tomorrow. It does go to show though that if one is firm but courteous with a dealer, they really will do their best to pacify a situation.

Anybody else suffering problems with their car??
I guess I'll just have to be patient and hope my car gets fixed.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
E92Fan Given that since I've had my car from March this year I've been driving a courtesy car for over six weeks, I got really irritated with the delays and problems. I won't have my car back for at least two to three weeks - that will make it over two months of not driving my own car!!
Sorry to hear about your problems E92,and I hope it all gets sorted, but look on the bright side,at least you're keeping your mileage down!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
Tony.. good to see you back on your feet....

"Anybody else suffering problems with their car??" - yeah it's a REAL pain in the butt when all you want to do is pull out gently into the traffic and suddenly WHAAAM you have to slam the brakes on to avoid ramming the back of the porsche in front. It's just TOO fast I need to either take a chill pill dispenser in the car with me, or set it back to stock

SJ
      10-04-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Sorry to hear of the ongoing problems Tony. I hope it's not an E60 520d Sport tomorrow!

Still waiting for my dealer to get a new set of blacklines in beacause of a seal piece that doesn't fit properly, and replace a bit of boot trim that was broken on delivery.

James, even with a lowly 330d breadvan I find that people just don't accelerate quickly enough these days.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Serjames :- It's just TOO fast I need to either take a chill pill dispenser in the car with me, or set it back to stock

Something you would like to share James?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serjames View Post
Tony.. good to see you back on your feet....

"Anybody else suffering problems with their car??" - yeah it's a REAL pain in the butt when all you want to do is pull out gently into the traffic and suddenly WHAAAM you have to slam the brakes on to avoid ramming the back of the porsche in front. It's just TOO fast I need to either take a chill pill dispenser in the car with me, or set it back to stock

SJ

Apparently the second version of the thing that procedes ( ) irons out the abrupt power delivery and smooths the rate of progress so the car is more driveable.

On the other hand, it could be that you just can't handle the power or you're just CHICKEN
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Very clever sentence E92 and very subtly conveyed

Cheers Bud
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #8
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Thumbs down

[QUOTE=E92Fan;
Anybody else suffering problems with their car??
I guess I'll just have to be patient and hope my car gets fixed.[/QUOTE]

I am still having on-going problems with mine and I reckon the car has spent nearly 2 of the first four months in the dealer.....

10 days old - Power Steering failed - steering felt stiff and vague on the motorway after 50/60 miles - now apparantly a common fault and has affected many cars (mine was literally one the first few to suffer) - In dealer for 3 weeks!

Then high pressure fuel pump failed - 20 sec cranks - in dealer for 8 days

Then CAN bus fault - car said not to drive and ring BMW - in for 8 days

Speakers not working - dealer blamed hands free car kit but I have traced it to the BMW supplied Ipod lead faulty - new lead on order

Car is hesitant - especially at low speeds and when pulling away - has been like this since fuel pump replacement - dealer reckons it drives like another one they had in at the time - I am not convinced and this is an on-going problem...... will explain in a bit

At weekend electrics started laying up - key-fob would not drop the roof, windows packed up for a while. Then the windows would wind up too far and the glass would bend outwards and stay proud of the rubber seals (instead of dropping 5-10mm and close fully once door is closed same as the coupe). Car alarm going off at random and when I went out to the car the window was going up/down 5-10mm all by itself.

Monday - Driving along and the window started going up/down by itself and the car showed that the drivers door was open. Been in the dealer all week but got it back today and seems OK - they blamed it on a door latch although yesterday told me that they had replaced the door latch and it was not it?

I have a BMW UK tech coming to drive the car on the 22nd October to see if he agrees about the engine hesitation. He is also bringing an identical 325i vert with the same 3.0 litre engine to compare. We will see!!! I am pushing for a replacement at the moment but they are not playing ball - I did not expect this from a 38k car and my local dealer dont seem to be the best at keeping me informed which just serves to wind me up even more!

I also have been driving a 320i as a loaner - I complained quite heavily during week 3 of the power steering fault and also got a 630i loaner but a convertible not a sport. Was ace but not mine and I got it down to 15mpg

Hope you get yours sorted soon - what was wrong with the drivers seat - mine has started to creak and I will be mentioning this the next time I go to the dealer (usually when the thing needs a wash, lol!!)

Paul
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #9
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Yup the drivers seat creaks, and makes a knocking noise under acceleration when the body weight pushes back in the seat. If you then brake suddenly and the weight throws forward, it knocks again. Also you might find there's a squeaking and rattling, which is almost certainly down to the seat runners not being within tolerance. You will almost certainly be able to reject your car on the grounds that it is not fit for use. Contact your local trading standards office - they'll most certainly support your case and instruct your dealer to reconsider their position.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #10
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Yup the drivers seat creaks, and makes a knocking noise under acceleration when the body weight pushes back in the seat. If you then brake suddenly and the weight throws forward, it knocks again. Also you might find there's a squeaking and rattling, which is almost certainly down to the seat runners not being within tolerance. You will almost certainly be able to reject your car on the grounds that it is not fit for use. Contact your local trading standards office - they'll most certainly support your case and instruct your dealer to reconsider their position.

I have quoted my rights to both the dealer and BMW UK - neither seem in the least bit bothered - I will play ball until the 22nd - if the other car they bring drives perfectly I will ask for mine to be swapped - I am not accepting major engine repairs on a 2,000 mile £38k car - problem is I have financed it via Leaseplan so I dont legally own it as such and they also seem to be supporting BMW UK's decision to keep repairing it - it is a laughing stock down at the local boozer!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #11
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

I suggest you contact your local trading standards office to ask their advice. ust because you are on a lease does not mean that your statutory consumer rights are null and void.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #12
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I suggest you contact your local trading standards office to ask their advice. ust because you are on a lease does not mean that your statutory consumer rights are null and void.

I think I will do that - at least get their viewpoint and be armed with knowledge ready for the 22nd

cheers 'fan

Paul
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #13
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
Sorry to hear of the ongoing problems Tony. I hope it's not an E60 520d Sport tomorrow!

You bugger - tempted fate didn't you?!! I'm now in a Montego Blue 520d Sport auto...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #14
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Quote:
You bugger - tempted fate didn't you?!! I'm now in a Montego Blue 520d Sport auto...
Tony, just think of the money you will be saving in fuel!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #15
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
:sad0147: Ooooops! I didn't mean it Tony.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #16
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
Ahh, tony now that's a Real car...

*ducks and hides*

SJ
      10-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #17
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep

Garage List
At least it isn't a 520i, they really sucked performance wise. Just don't try racing anything away from the lights... like a bicycle and you'll be fine.

Seriously though, why the hell is a 520d a "more suitable replacement" for your 335 than a 320d? Someone needs a kicking.

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 03:34 AM   #18
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Snap!

Car is in to have the trim panels that weren't fitted right sorted, and I've got a Montego Blue 520d Sport Auto for the day.

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 12:59 PM   #19
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
2) My entire iDrive system went on the blink (it had started going wrong at UK4, and now it just doesn't work)... So a new CCC has been ordered. Funny thing is, the dealer has two 5 series and a 6 series in the workshop having exactly the same problem. Oh, but there are no CCCs in the UK - so that's a four day wait. Plus reprogramming time. And what if it goes wrong again?! :sad0147:
That's because I've had three of them installed in the last ten months.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #20
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
Snap!
and I've got a Montego Blue 520d Sport Auto for the day.
That's more than I get. When I take my BMW in, I have to drive a clunky old Toyota 4Runner for a day or two or three.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #21
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
That's more than I get. When I take my BMW in, I have to drive a clunky old Toyota 4Runner for a day or two or three.
To be fair because it's stuff that should have been done properly by the dealer during prep/PDI. The sales guy I've been dealing with has been arranging it all and doing his best to rectify the situation so gave me his demo car for the day, which just happened to be the 520d.

Appreciate 0