E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Cruise control retrofit

07-07-2023, 09:36 AM   #1
Pwnah
Pwnah
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .06 BMW 325D

Garage List
Cruise control retrofit

Hello guys!
Sorry for my english but im gonna try to explain everything the best i can.

My car is a 09/2006 Bmw 325d e90 (pre-lci), and i bought a used szl unit from a 2008 335d e90 to install on mine. I started the coding as I got told on some internet instructions. I used ncs expert to add the $544 for dynamic cruise control with brake actuation. I added the $544 to CAS and FRM. Coded (Fa_write) kombi, cas, frm. The Dsc did not have the fa_write option so i did the sg_codieren.

After this I went to the road test it and it worked perfectly. The brake actuator worked aswell everything works fine, BUT i don’t have any speed set light on my display. I already changed the TEMPOMAT_SETZ_ANZ_DAUER to wert02 and still not working. I did then change the ACC_AUSSTATTUNG to wert01 (previously wert03) and when I tested, the cruise control stopped working BUT the cruise control error (yellow sign) showed when I tried to set the cruise control.

I didn’t managed to get an answer on internet for this problem. Just wanted to make the cruise control speed set light show on display. Any tips for coding? Thank you a lot!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2023, 11:43 AM   #2
Pwnah
Pwnah
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Can anyone help please?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 09:06 AM   #3
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnah View Post
Hello guys!
Sorry for my english but im gonna try to explain everything the best i can.

My car is a 09/2006 Bmw 325d e90 (pre-lci), and i bought a used szl unit from a 2008 335d e90 to install on mine. I started the coding as I got told on some internet instructions. I used ncs expert to add the $544 for dynamic cruise control with brake actuation. I added the $544 to CAS and FRM. Coded (Fa_write) kombi, cas, frm. The Dsc did not have the fa_write option so i did the sg_codieren.

After this I went to the road test it and it worked perfectly. The brake actuator worked aswell everything works fine, BUT i don’t have any speed set light on my display. I already changed the TEMPOMAT_SETZ_ANZ_DAUER to wert02 and still not working. I did then change the ACC_AUSSTATTUNG to wert01 (previously wert03) and when I tested, the cruise control stopped working BUT the cruise control error (yellow sign) showed when I tried to set the cruise control.

I didn’t managed to get an answer on internet for this problem. Just wanted to make the cruise control speed set light show on display. Any tips for coding? Thank you a lot!
1) Firstly change the ACC_AUSSTATTUNG back to wert03. This should put it back to a working state.
2) You won't have the cruise speed-set on a 2006 cluster (Kombi) due to it not working with this year build date. Alas nothing much you can do, AFAIK. So you can have working cruise but no indication, BUT this speed-set goes off after 3 seconds anyway, so your Cruise speed will be the speed as pointed by the speedo needle.
All retrofits that are after a certain year (2009 I believe, might be 2008 not sure) will only have the indication in between the clocks that show the semi-circle and speed for 3 seconds, you can't have the individual LED's around the speedo without changing the full kombi unit, and that's a whole new ballgame.

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 08:48 AM   #4
Pwnah
Pwnah
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Yes I already changed the ausstattung to wert 03 where it works. Ye I know my lombo is old and doesn’t have the cruise control marker close to the speedometer. I just wanted to have that 3 seconds speed set on the small display on this kombi. But I guess it won’t work. Do you know if id4motion display will work properly with cruise control speed set aswell? I’ve been thinking about buying one unit.
Appreciate 0