E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > ** Evolve Switchable Remap - Special forum pricing ** (User/Install Guide in Post #1)

05-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #265
ade330d
Dont take life 2 serious, u will not get out alive
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 330d SE

OBD

Apologies, newbie.
Will the unit power the OBD or.... do you need to have the key in the ignition to transfer Maps.
Also, do you know if the computer counts of the number of times its been mapped and restore. As BMW will know.
Talking from a point of programming.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #266
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade330d View Post
Apologies, newbie.
Will the unit power the OBD or.... do you need to have the key in the ignition to transfer Maps.
Also, do you know if the computer counts of the number of times its been mapped and restore. As BMW will know.
Talking from a point of programming.
Ignition needs to on.

BMW have implemented something recently for diesels where they can tell if the car has been flashed. I do not know anyone that can guarantee a way around this.

If you are worried about warranty then I wouldn't tune the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #267
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Ignition needs to on.

BMW have implemented something recently for diesels where they can tell if the car has been flashed. I do not know anyone that can guarantee a way around this.
Hi Imran. Any idea what that is? bit count, or an un-erasable max value? Would be interesting to know, as I'm thinking about the F32 and engine options.

PS took my 320d to southern alps / dolomites last week. Managed to get three times 248kph/155mph on the counter (148mph gps) in germany, fairly level road (bugger - I never had safe distance left to see if it would hit 250), and plenty of 2nd/3rd gear overtaking in the mountains. Car returned 5.9/100 or 48 mpg on that trip, that was with me and the wife, associated luggage.., and 48 bottles of wine on the way back. Mileage confirmed by by tank to tank fill up calc.
I've now got 90k mls on it, and think 4+ years with your remap. It must have about paid for itself in fuel savings only
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #268
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F104 View Post
Hi Imran. Any idea what that is? bit count, or an un-erasable max value? Would be interesting to know, as I'm thinking about the F32 and engine options.

PS took my 320d to southern alps / dolomites last week. Managed to get three times 248kph/155mph on the counter (148mph gps) in germany, fairly level road (bugger - I never had safe distance left to see if it would hit 250), and plenty of 2nd/3rd gear overtaking in the mountains. Car returned 5.9/100 or 48 mpg on that trip, that was with me and the wife, associated luggage.., and 48 bottles of wine on the way back. Mileage confirmed by by tank to tank fill up calc.
I've now got 90k mls on it, and think 4+ years with your remap. It must have about paid for itself in fuel savings only
Its great to get feedback like this from a customer. Just shows the reliability of our tunes. Thanks!

On the older cars there is probably a work around but since most of them are out of warranty now it is not something that is being worked on.

On the newer cars we do not know what they have implemented. We are unable to flash these newer ECU's at present.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #269
jammy78
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Are you developing a switchable map for the 245bhp 330D?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 06:13 AM   #270
cpu2008
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d 2011 efficient dynami

I'm new to this forum and new to all this stuff related to remapping etc and will will really appreciate if you can clarify some of the questions/doubts that I have.
I have a bmw 320d efficient dynamic 2011 model with 57k on it. Is it possible to remap this car?
What gains can I see on this car? I am primarily looking for acceleration as there aren't many places where you can take advantage of the full speed; on paper the car goes 0 to 60 in 8 seconds, so in terms of acceleration what would be the estimate gain?
I think mine is 163bhp, what will it be after the remap? and what about the fuel efficiency?
I can see there are different remapping that can be done on the car, what sort of remappings can be done on mine and which one is recommended?

Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #271
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Hi,

Are you still mapping 330d 231ps?

Whats the price for a switch these days, at forum prices?
      06-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #272
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
hi I purchased a remap a few years ago ( with the plug in device ) for my e90 330d and I have now sold it and bought a e90 330i tourer - how much is a remap for this?
Steve.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 07:25 AM   #273
demig
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D MSport GC(F36) & Z3

Hi all,

I have an F31 now so if anyone wants a cheap evolve switch drop me a pm, Not sure how much cheaper the maps are with the switch but makes it handy to remove the map from the car to send to evolve and for taking it off and on for dealer visits. Don't think you can use the map on their though as they do it specific to your car. Wish the F31 had such a convenient remap option!

Demig
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 07:26 AM   #274
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by demig View Post
Hi all,

I have an F31 now so if anyone wants a cheap evolve switch drop me a pm, Not sure how much cheaper the maps are with the switch but makes it handy to remove the map from the car to send to evolve and for taking it off and on for dealer visits. Don't think you can use the map on their though as they do it specific to your car. Wish the F31 had such a convenient remap option!

Demig
The map is £199 inc VAT with a used switch.

Although we are tuning the new F series cars with good effect there is no switchable option as of yet.

Here is a dyno graph from the new 20d engine.

Evolve 1/2/3/420D ECU Remap by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #275
richk84
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: e93 330i

Is that the same for the old 184bhp 20d in the e90s?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 01:42 PM   #276
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Evolve Switch won't write orginal file back

As a warning: I've a 2009 evolve switch. I can't update my car back to original. According to Evolve (Imran) and Alientech (the supplier of the unit) it's due to a (partial?) dealer update of my car. I'm not happy. The Switch reads my correct VIN number, but it fails over another reference.

So: if you own an early Switch (Alientech calls it a Powergate, easy to find pics) then see if you can re-load your original file. If you can then no problem, and likely you can still stop the process before it starts. I get a mismatch error.

I'm stuck at the moment, Imran has said he can't help me. This is going on for 3 weeks now. Alientech is willing to reset the switch if I send the unit to them, but they don't seem to realize the tuned file is still on my car. The car feels fast, and unless I'm mistaken the E90/92 320d's have a 225kph speed limiter. My car exceeds that easily in germany. Thus if I read-out the 'original' file, it's still the tune one.

I've sold the car with the promise of being able to re-load the original file. I can't, despite having a copy of the original file on my PC. The Xpro program on the Evolve link clearly allows to reset the unit and other things, but it gives a communication error. Both Imran and Alientech don't answer my questions on why I can't use Xpro myselve.

I'll send another very explicit email to Alientech.

Like I said, I'm not happy
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 06:13 PM   #277
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by F104
As a warning: I've a 2009 evolve switch. I can't update my car back to original. According to Evolve (Imran) and Alientech (the supplier of the unit) it's due to a (partial?) dealer update of my car. I'm not happy. The Switch reads my correct VIN number, but it fails over another reference.

So: if you own an early Switch (Alientech calls it a Powergate, easy to find pics) then see if you can re-load your original file. If you can then no problem, and likely you can still stop the process before it starts. I get a mismatch error.

I'm stuck at the moment, Imran has said he can't help me. This is going on for 3 weeks now. Alientech is willing to reset the switch if I send the unit to them, but they don't seem to realize the tuned file is still on my car. The car feels fast, and unless I'm mistaken the E90/92 320d's have a 225kph speed limiter. My car exceeds that easily in germany. Thus if I read-out the 'original' file, it's still the tune one.

I've sold the car with the promise of being able to re-load the original file. I can't, despite having a copy of the original file on my PC. The Xpro program on the Evolve link clearly allows to reset the unit and other things, but it gives a communication error. Both Imran and Alientech don't answer my questions on why I can't use Xpro myselve.

Why don't you just flash your DDE with winkfp. This will restore BMW maps...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 01:32 PM   #278
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Might try that, but as the car is sold I don't have easy access to it.

Does the Bavarian Tech cable (I have) work with winkfp, and where does winkfp get the orginal file from? Are you saying there is a back-up file within the ECU??

thanks,

Martin
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #279
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by F104
Quote:
Might try that, but as the car is sold I don't have easy access to it.

Does the Bavarian Tech cable (I have) work with winkfp, and where does winkfp get the orginal file from? Are you saying there is a back-up file within the ECU??

thanks,

Martin
I'm not sure about your bav tech cable. I don't think so though. You need a K+DCAN cable or an ICOM.

Winkfp is a factory piece of software in BMW Standard Tools which is freely available online. With winkfp you can flash any module through the obd port with BMW stock firmware.

It's mainly used in update mode which obviously updates module to a newer version (zb number). This would be the easiest route. If you need to go back to the exact original version you had when you installed the evolve map you can also do this. You'd just have to use INPA to read the current DDE UIF to find which ZB number is installed then find a matching daten set with that file and just flash it back to the DDE...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 03:38 PM   #280
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure about your bav tech cable. I don't think so though. You need a K+DCAN cable or an ICOM.

Winkfp is a factory piece of software in BMW Standard Tools which is freely available online. With winkfp you can flash any module through the obd port with BMW stock firmware.

It's mainly used in update mode which obviously updates module to a newer version (zb number). This would be the easiest route. If you need to go back to the exact original version you had when you installed the evolve map you can also do this. You'd just have to use INPA to read the current DDE UIF to find which ZB number is installed then find a matching daten set with that file and just flash it back to the DDE...
Thanks, that's above my head right now and I'm not going to invest more to address this as the car has been sold. The new owner is very pleased with it, and I just hope he won't ask for the original software.
I'm very disappointed with the support level. Evolve (Imran) can't help, Alientech is of no support. Why did I buy a Switch??
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #281
mrbubba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325 M Sport

What's the current pricing for E90 maps with the switch? 2008 325D

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 05:20 AM   #282
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubba View Post
What's the current pricing for E90 maps with the switch? 2008 325D

Thanks
£449 inc VAT if bought this month. This is with the newer Evolve-R OBD cable that works with a Windows based laptop.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 05:27 AM   #283
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F104 View Post

I'm really sorry we couldn't help you any further with this issue. It has happened to us a few times on MINI's and the only way we can resolve it is to do a factory ECU update via a dealer. We have never seen this issue on a BMW D.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #284
mrbubba
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
£449 inc VAT if bought this month. This is with the newer Evolve-R OBD cable that works with a Windows based laptop.
How do I go about ordering at this price?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 05:03 AM   #285
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubba View Post
How do I go about ordering at this price?
Just call us 01582 584 000 or email sales at evolveautomotive.com
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 06:45 AM   #286
mrbubba
Private First Class
Rep

Due to Christmas and lack of funds, I missed the offer above. I went online to have another gander at the device and was shocked at what I'm assuming is a new price?
Quote:
Evolve Switch - Available worldwide (available to purchase online below)
Remote ECU Remap Performance Software Upgrade with Vmax
E9x 325d 197 bhp, performance gain approx. 50-60hp incl. V-MAX release
Evolve Switch - £699 EU | £607 non EU
Appreciate 0