E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > FINALLY - 335i V2 Procede vs. E92 M3 videos

01-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #45
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

Thumbs down

another thread about the same thing ?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106682
      01-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #46
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5

Damn, you got walked! quite different then the m5board.com video
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #47
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5

Dude get some race gas, change everything to 100% do some hard pulls from 3rd to 4th gear or drive around for about 50 miles then come back and race him, I want to see THAT video. I want to see you walk him.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #48
SGP335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92 Jet Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan View Post
Couple things make this race incomparable: 1. It was after only couple hours after the install of V2; 2. 90% setting; 3. the road condition was not very good as there was some traffic on the freeway.

Overall I think your 335 with v2 could have keep with the e92 m3 giving the right setting, road condition, and fully adapted ecu.

+1 my car felt slow until 50 miles or so on V2
      01-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #49
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

damn he had better have done a proper break in on the m3..bmw is going nuts now voiding m's that don't do a proper break in....they can check through the data logging...i just got told about an m5 that just got voided...he pulled it out from the dealer with 8 miles on it..peeled off drove home..oil was all over his garage had it towed in..and they had 8-12k in engine damage from an improper break in..bmwna voided his warranty right then and there!!!! be careful!!!that idiot in the m3 almost killed someone in that car he just missed..i love he vids but at that pace with cars around that is a stupid move!!!! keep it on the track or barren roads!!!! is it worth someones life to see how the m3 still wins by a car length or 2 or 3 if they got up to 120-140mph....these vids prove nothing other than idiots risking peoples lives cause they wanted some times!!! really worth the cock size competition
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #50
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i black/red View Post
I installed the V2 Upgrade today and had 2 major findings that will probably be as important as the videos for quite a few proceders.
1st Finding
I had removed V1 kit 6 months ago because of getting too many limps and errors thinking it was coming from the one solenoid scenario and possible leaks, and I installed it back today with V2. As we were installing the V2 Spade in the old V1 power female spade (Red/Pink) we noticed that the wire that led to the female spade in the old V1 kit was loose inside the plastic cover. We removed the coating and it was barely touching so we welded it back on and made a new casing. So the power source that was on the old kit was twitching on and off with any shake of the car on a bump and according to my tuner here, this could very well be a source of the continuos limps and error. Masterpiece tuning but unperfected finish in the wiring and material. Maybe?

2nd finding
I myself had many problems like others loading the software, getting it online and loading the maps w my first kit, It seemed to work and not work haphazardly, regardless of how careful you are selecting the COM ports, or whether u were using a serial or USB on diff computers, It would not work for ages and then suddenly work. Well. We noticed b4 that sometimes when we touched the wiring leading to the serial port/jack coming out of the V1 procede kit it helped. So when I told my tuner here that, we checked that serial jack comin out of the procede, we opened it up and da-da two of the three wires were loose and not attached to the pins internally. We welded them on to the pins and closed up the jack, and the software, firmware and map uploaded INSTANTLY and the problem was solved. So again, nothing wrong w the tuning, its the quality of the mass producers' materials that weren't upto the quality. So again Maybe thats the cause.

I dunno if this info could be the case w others who have faced similar probs, but there was a pattern, being loose wires due to material quality issues, which could be mistaken easily for tuning issues. And for the record, I am neither defending Vishnu's tuning or attacking the product itself, I am just highlighting that the reason we could be failing to find solutions to re-occuring problems could be SIMPLY that we are looking at the wrong source of the probelm. I hope that could be of help.

My V2 install was successfull, and I am pleased with the primary results and that is why I took the car and raceeeeeeeeeedd my friends new E92 M3:

1st Video
Camera Car E92 M3 (Driver+1)
Black 6MT 335i V2-only (Driver) Traction Off

0 to 170 km/h (approx .110 mph)
We both mis-shifted on second gear in the 1st Run, then we do the second run

2nd Video
E92 M3 (Driver)
Camera Car 6MT 335i V2-only (Driver +1) "Traction ON"
0 to 150 km/h (approx .98 mph)

Forgot to turn the DTC off, but it doesn't matter I think its the weight.

These races are on 90% settings, 1st couple of hours after install, so I'm hoping that after full adaptation and maybe higher settings the performance would be even better. However it is noticeable that after a couple of runs the performance deteriorated due to the boost tapering down. i guess thats why one needs an IC.

Welldone on the tune guys very smooth!

Cheers
G
This is an excellent post (your findings).
And thanks for mention which car is the camera car. I hate it when people post race videos and you can't make out what car is the camera car.

Gary
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #51
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

Good video. I would like to see an steptronic vs the M-3. The steptronic leaves absolutely no marging for shifting error for the competitor, it is always a win to win situation.

All my life driving manual cars and I realized what a great advantage the steptronic is. The video explains it all(both cars missed a shift)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #52
avop
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavM3 View Post
Thanks for posting. Looks like they are close but the advantage goes to the M3 with less weight, higher redline, different gear ratios. I think V2 puts out 360-365 rwhp and M3 350 rwhp. If you can find a clear stretch of road without the traffic for safety reasons and do a rolling run, that would be great. Say from 20 mph to 140-150 mph (~50 km/hr to ~250 km/hr).
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the M3 actually weighs more than 335i.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #53
335i black/red
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Da Twin Turbo Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown335i View Post
Damn, you got walked! quite different then the m5board.com video
U know something, we probably did like 10 runs that night, the second video was the worst result which I beleive u r reffering to. I had forgotten the traction fully on, not even limited. Also the second factor we were 2 in the car and he was one. I'm sure u know u cant race w DTC fully engaged specially if ur tuned, becasue simply u lose more time when the DTC interferes than u do lightly pealing off. Also I think at the default settings for the 335 the M3 handles extra weight better than 335. The 335 in the m5board has the works, including the main modification which is the exhaust which is solely capable of taking care of the difference, which is generally in the higher gear ratios starting end of second gear.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 10:48 PM   #54
335i black/red
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
damn he had better have done a proper break in on the m3..bmw is going nuts now voiding m's that don't do a proper break in....they can check through the data logging...i just got told about an m5 that just got voided...he pulled it out from the dealer with 8 miles on it..peeled off drove home..oil was all over his garage had it towed in..and they had 8-12k in engine damage from an improper break in..bmwna voided his warranty right then and there!!!! be careful!!!that idiot in the m3 almost killed someone in that car he just missed..i love he vids but at that pace with cars around that is a stupid move!!!! keep it on the track or barren roads!!!! is it worth someones life to see how the m3 still wins by a car length or 2 or 3 if they got up to 120-140mph....these vids prove nothing other than idiots risking peoples lives cause they wanted some times!!! really worth the cock size competition
I understand ur concern because I also have a US lisence, however no need to express ur concern through insult because different cultures have different conditions. What is considered reckless driving in the U.S is second nature here because of the driving conditions. First of all there is No track, so its not only normal to race on the streets its the only option. Second Cairo is one of the biggest cities in the world in terms of density of poulation, and therefore cars. Cars r accustommed to being very close to each other at low and high speeds. There a generally no lane rules except on highways where the general rule is if u can pass from the left side its preffered because its supposed to be the faster lane. So since there r generally no specific rules, when people r in a hurry they 'weave' in between cars to locate space, sometimes driving at double the speeds of the general traffic coming very close to other cars who r accustomed to that also. So since these are the general driving conditions, one has to always drive expecting other peoples errors and sways, or someone changing lanes w/o a signal or avoiding a bump, so in doing so our drivers are generally quite advanced. Our racers however are above advanced, if i posted racing vids (not drag) just street encounter some people will consider it attempted suicide, while again its every day life. And to sum up, if a car passed this close in the US its likely to cause an accident, while its normal for the people in the car being passed this close here not even to notice the fast car passing by so close, because it happens every 5 mins, and last but not least the accident rates here r not as high here than inthe western world, which is like the law of anarchy. I hope that I was able to present a live picture, I dont expect u to understand, but I owe it to explain anyway. U r right about the break-in period, I absolutely agree and i also heard that Ms that r properly broken in, r relatively stronger later than the ones that r not.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #55
335i black/red
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
Good video. I would like to see an steptronic vs the M-3. The steptronic leaves absolutely no marging for shifting error for the competitor, it is always a win to win situation.

All my life driving manual cars and I realized what a great advantage the steptronic is. The video explains it all(both cars missed a shift)
Thanks. The M3 was manual also though, the SMG isnt out yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #56
335i black/red
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
This is an excellent post (your findings).
And thanks for mention which car is the camera car. I hate it when people post race videos and you can't make out what car is the camera car.

Gary
Peace to u gary, U know ur the only person that noticed the findings. I beleive they could be substantial if the vishnu crew pays attention to them in the future. Because the tuninig is excellent, look how smooth the car becomes, thats manufacturer quality actually in this case better. So with attention to the materials used and the people the outsource manufacturing to, they have a big future. This is ofcourse AFTER improving customer service.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #57
335i black/red
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
If its anything like my 06 M3, the 08 should be quicker at 6000miles+. They are really tight when they are that new. Run your 335i in the 1/4 mile, and let us know what the numbers are. Even if you have to borrow someone's Gtech. Lets get some kind of relative instrumented data. I really want to know how these contests go. In just a few months I will either be getting another 335i, or the new M3.
Here you go did some runs tonite on the g-tech:

Quarter tank 95 Premium, probably equiv to 93 in the US
Best run
0-60 4.76
1/4 mile 12.61

I pulled a 4.71 0-60 but the 1/4 mile was 12.83
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 11:55 PM   #58
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Oh come on don't be like that.
you are just a cynic when it comes to fact o-cha... if those two cars run from first through fourth gear, procede at 92% w/ v2, he will beat the m3 what do you just read information and transform it into bullshit in your head at an amazingly efficient rate or something?
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 03:28 AM   #59
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Quote:

Best run
0-60 4.76
1/4 mile 12.61

a 12.6-12.8 1/4 mile is right there with the M3 specs. You should be able to get your 0-60 much quicker than that. 0-60mph in 4.8 secs is pretty much what a stock 335i can do. What was your MPH in the qtr mile?? That is one of the most important numbers. Also, did you Gtech after you raced him, or before? How many miles after the V2 install? Is the unit a Gtech Pro?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 04:06 AM   #60
Lane
Several N54 cars, V1,3, V2.0.2, and V3.1
Rep
Drives: N54s

Be careful, your 95 RON is only 91 US AKI! Higher octane would help.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #61
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Peace to u gary, U know ur the only person that noticed the findings. I beleive they could be substantial if the vishnu crew pays attention to them in the future. Because the tuninig is excellent, look how smooth the car becomes, thats manufacturer quality actually in this case better. So with attention to the materials used and the people the outsource manufacturing to, they have a big future. This is ofcourse AFTER improving customer service.
Thanks. I pay attention to the little details and I thought those findings are significant. I, too, am surprised that no one else mentioned anything about it.

Quote:

Best run
0-60 4.76
1/4 mile 12.61

Just curious: 6MT or 6AT?

Gary
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #62
335i black/red
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
a 12.6-12.8 1/4 mile is right there with the M3 specs. You should be able to get your 0-60 much quicker than that. 0-60mph in 4.8 secs is pretty much what a stock 335i can do. What was your MPH in the qtr mile?? That is one of the most important numbers. Also, did you Gtech after you raced him, or before? How many miles after the V2 install? Is the unit a Gtech Pro?
Today I did a 4.57 and a 12.4 is this possible or is my G-tech is givin me bullshit? Its a g-tech pro SS? I will check the trap speeds, I saw alot of people posting them but whY r they important? I'll check my G-tech for them trrow and post them.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #63
335i black/red
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Thanks. I pay attention to the little details and I thought those findings are significant. I, too, am surprised that no one else mentioned anything about it.

Just curious: 6MT or 6AT?

Gary

6mt bro...sorry for the late replys different time zone
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #64
335i black/red
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
Be careful, your 95 RON is only 91 US AKI! Higher octane would help.
From where did u get this valuable piece of information?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #65
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Quote:
From where did u get this valuable piece of information?
Your v2 will benefit from higher octane petrol, try to find 99 RON or better yet 102.

Here is a blurb from wikipedia:
"Different countries have some variation in what RON (Research Octane Number) is standard for gasoline, or petrol. In the UK, ordinary regular unleaded petrol is 91 RON (not commonly available), premium unleaded petrol is always 95 RON, and super unleaded is usually 97-98 RON. However both Shell and BP produce fuel at 102 RON for cars with hi-performance engines, and the supermarket chain Tesco began in 2006 to sell super unleaded petrol rated at 99 RON. In the US, octane ratings in fuels can vary between 86-87 AKI (91-92 RON) for regular, through 89-90 (94-95) for mid-grade (European Premium), up to 90-94 (RON 95-99) for premium unleaded or E10 (Super in Europe)"
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #66
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by remydlc View Post
another thread about the same thing ?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106682
bump
Appreciate 0