E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > ECS Stage 3 refresh kit questions

10-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #1
BMOEW
Lieutenant Colonel
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is AW

ECS Stage 3 refresh kit questions

Hello, I have been looking at doing a complete refresh on my suspension as I am coming up to 85k and my steering is vibrating and noticing the car is getting looser. Anyways I wanted to get your thoughts on the ECS stage 3 kit and if I should add the m3 front and rear sway bars to it. I currently run the ST coilovers and have front m3 control arms. However they have been on for a while and will change them out anyways since they are included in the kit. Anything else I should add to this kit for better handling other then an LSD obviously. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you
2011 335IS Alpine White|Coral Red|DCT|BuraQ E60 Tune|DCI|VRSF 3" DownPipes| ER ChargePipe w/ HKS SSQV BOV|VRSF 7" FMIC|RB PCV| BMS Oil Catch Can|NGK 5992|AQUAMIST HFS-4 w/Twin Methanol Tank|Custom Exhaust| ST Coilovers| and a METAL FOOT
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 07:06 PM   #2
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
I know the kit makes it easier with one stop shopping but I'd skip the M3 subframe bushings and go poly, or even better, delrin. Don't need the rear sway but I'd do the E93 M3 front sway. If you had a LSD then I'd say go for the rear sway. The rest of the stuff is standard parts. You could probable save a few bucks by shopping around if you have the time.
      10-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #3
SpartaEvolution
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E39 M5, E36 328racecar

I agree with LBV335IS about the rear sway, if not only for the fact that you have to drop the rear subframe to install it. Having said that, if you're already planning on doing bushings back there, may as well do the swaybar at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #4
BMOEW
Lieutenant Colonel
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is AW

I was planning on doing the bushings and dropping the rear subframe but no lsd
2011 335IS Alpine White|Coral Red|DCT|BuraQ E60 Tune|DCI|VRSF 3" DownPipes| ER ChargePipe w/ HKS SSQV BOV|VRSF 7" FMIC|RB PCV| BMS Oil Catch Can|NGK 5992|AQUAMIST HFS-4 w/Twin Methanol Tank|Custom Exhaust| ST Coilovers| and a METAL FOOT
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 01:50 AM   #5
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOEW View Post
Hello, I have been looking at doing a complete refresh on my suspension as I am coming up to 85k and my steering is vibrating and noticing the car is getting looser. Anyways I wanted to get your thoughts on the ECS stage 3 kit and if I should add the m3 front and rear sway bars to it. I currently run the ST coilovers and have front m3 control arms. However they have been on for a while and will change them out anyways since they are included in the kit. Anything else I should add to this kit for better handling other then an LSD obviously. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you
If you are not tracking the car, m3 subframe bushings are exactly what you want. Poly or other will be far too stiff for a DD. I checked with both ECS & FCP Euro before I bought my set. Yes, dropping the rear subframe is the way to go. Also, while your in there, you should do the differential bushings. You can get m3 bushings for the front, but not the rear. Just get a Lemforder bushing for the rear.

You should shop around. You will save a few $$$, if you do. FCP will price match and give you a lifetime warranty on all parts.

Consider replacing your bolts if you live in the rust belt of the country or a state that uses salt on the roads in the winter.

There are a few DIYs on how to change out bushings in the rear subframe out there on the net. Do your research and make sure you have the right tools.

Silicone grease will help you get the new bushings in, and it will not deteriorate the rubber on the bushing like most greases will.

Getting them out - torch with yellow gas, Kroil Oil & the right press(es). A good set of mechanic?s gloves and some arm strength or a very good torque gun goes a long way.
Appreciate 0