E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Brembo rotors and pads

10-19-2017, 03:18 AM   #1
Larrye90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010bmwe90

Brembo rotors and pads

I need to change my front rotors and pads I was looking at the Zimmermann and cool carbon but then saw this the Brembo rotors and pads I wonder. Has anyone tried them before or have any suggestions on them . It looks like a good deal . I have a 328i e90
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
Ozzie335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

I have the Brembo plates with Akebono pads. Excellent combo, even if the cool guys can't tell what I have since there are no slots or drill holes. There usually is a deal for 4 Brembo plates on eBay. If your intent is to keep the car until you drive the wheels off, consider changing all four sets, and change the fluid regardless. The steel braided hoses are a worthy investment as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 12:50 AM   #3
Larrye90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
I have the Brembo plates with Akebono pads. Excellent combo, even if the cool guys can't tell what I have since there are no slots or drill holes. There usually is a deal for 4 Brembo plates on eBay. If your intent is to keep the car until you drive the wheels off, consider changing all four sets, and change the fluid regardless. The steel braided hoses are a worthy investment as well.
Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting the Zimmermann vented rotor Z coated with the Cool carbon S/T pads. I was going to get the Cool Carbon S/T Plus but after a bit of research and with a chat with a rep at ECS it turns out that they would be pretty noisy. It's a Daily Driver with the occasional Canyon run here and there. So I hope they work out good.

The steel braided hose I heard is not worth it unless u upgrade to a big brake or so . Idk if that's true . Anyone care to comment on that ?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 12:55 AM   #4
Larrye90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
I was really close to getting the Brembo rotors But I wasn't able to get that much feed back on then
Appreciate 0