E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > NEW Coupe Driver Door opening while driving

05-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Nadiathon
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i X Drive

NEW Coupe Driver Door opening while driving

I just bought my new 328i X fully loaded 2011 coupe. I did the European delivery,. (If that matters). The car arrived October 2011.

Since then, I have been to the dealership 3 times for work on my car, most importantly, the drivers door.

3 weeks ago, it would not shut. The weather was perfect outside, and it just kept hitting metal to metal. The dealership did not understand, but decided to replace the latch.

Yesterday, I was driving on the highway (70-80 mph) and my door open signal came on. I felt and heard the wind and saw the crack between the door and the car.

I went directly to the dealership and they had no idea what to do. They have never seen this before.

Does anyone here know what is going on? What I need to do at this point, other than keeping a record and all my invoices? I need more help than the dealership because they are winging it every time.

Just to add to my list, the stereo was not working properly, they replaced the amp. The gas tank door would not close numerous times.

When I am pulling off (from a stop light) the car feels like it is about to stall out, almost like I am in the wrong gear, but my car is an automatic. I had another friend drive it and he felt the same thing and I didn't even mention it to him.

Please, I need all the advice I can get.

Thank you,
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
jce92
aw ftw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' e92 328xi

I smell lemon...

LUX/Black Line/OEM Mtech Rear/Carbon Fiber Emblems/Carbon Fiber Mirrors/JL Motoring Carbon Fiber CSL Trunk/Black vinyl Roof/Gloss Black Kidney/Tint/Coded/Still in Process...
Appreciate 0