E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Who is on Sirius Leader?

02-29-2008, 09:04 AM   #155
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

If you notice.... she is going to Baltimore (if you have seen The Wire on HBO, you know that is a bad thing) and she is a "diving" ship.... so we now know why she disappears so often!
      02-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #156
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spn View Post
Here she is. Hopefully she will unload quickly and move on to PH tonight. SD is the port for Porsche and Volkswagon (their VPCs are there), so SL must have picked those up in Bremerhaven, too, along with Mercedes (deliverd @ their LA VPC). She was carrying a lot of high-value cars!

I haven't looked to see if PH schedule has changed.
BMW.... trumped by the people's car once again! And all of those more expensive ones too!

And PH has not updated their schedule?? It is odd... as over the last several weeks it was updated on Thursdays.
      02-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #157
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You beat me to it by seconds. You can see the difference between aislive and shinemicro. Shinemicro is live and SL is already in port. Shinemicro works great when it works.
I think you are the fast one.... it takes me ten minutes to copy the pic, upload it to imageshack, and post the results.

I think Shinemicro works great, just not when the Sirius Leader says, "YNOT go for a Diving Operation?"
      02-29-2008, 09:17 AM   #158
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully she will unload quickly and move on to PH tonight.
No way.... if I were aboard the crew of that ship, I would commit munity!! San Diego is a fun town, PH sucks. I think they should stay in SD for the weekend and party! Not that it matters to us, as I understand it, both Customs and BMW are not open for processing during the weekend.

I'll be mad if they go to Baltimore before PH!! They might steal my hub caps.
      02-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #159
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 MB SL63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
Yes... she has! I'd take her to dinner for being so helpful, if she wasn't married. Don't be fooled... the thought of the possibly of getting to drive that AMG has nothing to do with wanting to be her buddy. Haha.

I was actually getting ready to pull the trigger on an 08 SL550 in late DEC before a business deal went sour. It was one hell of a car (loaded, minus designo), especially with the 9k factory incentive at the time.... I can't imagine having all the extras the 63AMG would bring.
You guys are getting incredibly cool cars yourselves. BMW's design team has done a great job(!) on their cars, especially these past 5 years. I have always loved BMWs, but I think they are incredibly cool looking and especially innovative now, not to mention their performance.

It is great to have a passion for something in life. We all need a passion for something. . . And thanks for being a fun group. I hope my car's thread has a fun group. Wouldn't it be something if nobody was on my ship and I ended up tracking by myself?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #160
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think Shinemicro works great, just not when the Sirius Leader says, "YNOT go for a Diving Operation?"
abendx-you are very funny!

On my computer I right click the mouse and "save as" a bitmap file. I then have to go into my file folder to retrieve it, open it, and save it as a jpg. Then I just upload that file to the forum. Can you do that on your computer instead of going through imageshack? I did that once on the MB forum and imageshack was a pain.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #161
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
as I understand it, both Customs and BMW are not open for processing during the weekend.
Yes, that thought went through my head, too. My first car's ship arrived on Friday, but I am fairly certain they unloaded over the weekend, so the cars won't just sit there on the ship. They will make some progress. My car went through customs and VPC first thing Monday morning. By the time I was up and calling the euro deliv phone number on Mon morning, the status had already changed to heading to the trucking yard. I hope the same for you guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #162
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
BMW.... trumped by the people's car once again! And all of those more expensive ones too!

And PH has not updated their schedule?? It is odd... as over the last several weeks it was updated on Thursdays.
Really, these ships take all kinds of paths to these ports. I think it just because of the port loads and what they can handle that day. Port Hueneme had Asian Emperor arrive on Tuesday and Aida on Wednesday. I don't think they could of handled another ship. Each of these ships hold thousands of car that have to be offloaded. Take a look at the PH schedule. It shows the breakdown in numbers of cars listed under the ship name. Each of those ships this week offloaded 2000 cars. It looks like SL only has about a thousand BMWs to offload when it arrives tonight (or tomorrow). I think it will end up arriving late tonight.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #163
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
abendx-you are very funny!

On my computer I right click the mouse and "save as" a bitmap file. I then have to go into my file folder to retrieve it, open it, and save it as a jpg. Then I just upload that file to the forum. Can you do that on your computer instead of going through imageshack? I did that once on the MB forum and imageshack was a pain.
Oh... an attachment will display all by itself?? Hmmm... no wonder people keep telling me to not quit my day job washing lettuce at BK!?
      02-29-2008, 09:47 AM   #164
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Oh... an attachment will display all by itself?? Hmmm... no wonder people keep telling me to not quit my day job washing lettuce at BK!?
Washing lettuce at BK and BMW don't equate! Try again . .
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #165
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think it will end up arriving late tonight.
I'm not worried. I ordered a car, knowing it was going to take eight weeks or so. Sure I'd like to get my little grubby fingers all over her... but a few days her or there aren't going to kill me. Although... if it does make it to PH tonight and they offload, I could drive over to the BMW center, scale the walls, and find my car.

Who's going to spring me out of the pokey when I get caught??
      02-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #166
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Washing lettuce at BK and BMW don't equate! Try again . .
One can have aspirations....
      02-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #167
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm not worried. I ordered a car, knowing it was going to take eight weeks or so. Sure I'd like to get my little grubby fingers all over her... but a few days her or there aren't going to kill me. Although... if it does make it to PH tonight and they offload, I could drive over to the BMW center, scale the walls, and find my car.

Who's going to spring me out of the pokey when I get caught??
Honestly, I would go sit in the street outside of the VDC and watch for my car. Have you ever seen a string of them head that way, from port to VDC? I am curious if a driver drives them right off the ship and over to the VDC. I have seen photos of that for the MB VPC in LA, but I don't know if BMW does it that way. It must be fairly noticable, except maybe for people who wash lettuce at BK.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #168
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Well, Sirius Leader is now in good company with Red Robin and Bob Hope!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #169
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep

Haha.... is the Bob Hope and Red Robin still in SD? Dammam them for getting frisky with my boat!

I have never seen the string of BMWs.... I think they drive them out of the commercial area and off to the BMW facility, which is not on the base. I do see X and Z cars being driven onto the rail car now and again. But.... yes, they have drivers that drive a "string" of ten or so cars at a time from the boat to the holding areas. PH processes BMW, Mazda, Kia, and Hyundai.

Quote:
Honestly, I would go sit in the street outside of the VDC and watch for my car..
Lettuce needs to be washed.... I wish I had the time.
      02-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #170
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Haha.... is the Bob Hope and Red Robin still in SD? Dammam them for getting frisky with my boat!

I have never seen the string of BMWs.... I think they drive them out of the commercial area and off to the BMW facility, which is not on the base. I do see X and Z cars being driven onto the rail car now and again. But.... yes, they have drivers that drive a "string" of ten or so cars at a time from the boat to the holding areas. PH processes BMW, Mazda, Kia, and Hyundai.

Lettuce needs to be washed.... I wish I had the time.
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Yes, I have a life, too. The kids need to be raised, dog fed. . . Bye.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #171
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Yes, I have a life, too. The kids need to be raised, dog fed. . . Bye.
My god.... I am glad I don't chop onions! ;-)
      02-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #172
sal501
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Well, Sirius Leader is now in good company with Red Robin and Bob Hope!
Sirius Leader is tentatively arriving at PH in the am hours tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 11:29 AM   #173
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal501 View Post
Sirius Leader is tentatively arriving at PH in the am hours tomorrow.
That makes sense. Did you call?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #174
sal501
Captain
Rep

I did this morning, and was informed that they don't know the exact time but vessel should dock sometime tomorrow morning.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #175
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal501 View Post
I did this morning, and was informed that they don't know the exact time but vessel should dock sometime tomorrow morning.
+1 i was just told the same thing
      02-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #176
sal501
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E90 View Post
+1 i was just told the same thing
How are you holding up, waiting for your car?:-) Where in California are you? My CA told me it could take 5 to 10 days, after the ship is docked for the cars to arrive in San Diego. Do you have any information from your CA?
Appreciate 0