E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > I have a stupid suspension question!

06-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #1
sd_luis
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

I have a stupid suspension question!

So it seems like my rear shocks are almost out and I'm currently running coilovers. I called Megan Racing since thats the brand Im using what replacement can I use for this and they said only their replacements, but they don't include warranty and they are going for $135 per piece. They said only their shocks would work, but I doubt it. I was looking at getting Koni yellow shocks for the rear. I feel like the only problem is that I would havr restriction when lowering my vehicle from the rear but Im ok with that since Im not slammed. Have any of you guys running coilovers use other shocks to replace them? Thanks for the help.
      06-01-2016, 08:11 PM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Dinan, Ground Control and TCKline all use revalved Koni yellows. To my knowledge the shaft lenght is not changed. So you will now have problems even if you are really low I think.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 08:21 PM   #3
sd_luis
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Dinan, Ground Control and TCKline all use revalved Koni yellows. To my knowledge the shaft lenght is not changed. So you will now have problems even if you are really low I think.
I will have problems or I will not? Thanks for your input! I rather spend the money on those and get a warranty then spending the same money of the MR ones
      06-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #4
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_luis View Post
I will have problems or I will not? Thanks for your input! I rather spend the money on those and get a warranty then spending the same money of the MR ones
*not > sorry, typo O. I really do not think that you will have issues especially if you are not slammed and you said that you are not.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 09:02 PM   #5
sd_luis
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
*not > sorry, typo O. I really do not think that you will have issues especially if you are not slammed and you said that you are not.
Yeah I feel the same way. I mean I would understand the front since the coilover spring goes inside the shock but I dont see why I will have issues on the rear since the shock and the springs are in different positions. Thanks again for your input
      06-02-2016, 10:08 PM   #6
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Rear shocks are all the same unless Megan use a short body shock with limited droop and increased compression travel. TCKline has a short body rear shock if more travel is needed. PM us if you have further questions.
Appreciate 0