E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Need help wiring the Daeos / Vista BMW Angel Eye DRL Harness

10-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #23
TLLevie
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bwm e90

i have a problem whit the harnes. i won't work. i have instal

HARNESS = VEHICLE
Red Wire with Fuse Holder = Red Wire/White Stripe (POWER)
Red Wire with Insulated Male Spade Terminal = Yellow Wire/Blue Stripe (LOW BEAM WIRE)
White Wire with Insulated Male Spade Terminal = Black Wire/Green Stripe or Blue Wire/Green Stripe (PASSENGER SIDE HALO WIRE)
Black Wire with Ring Terminal = Metal Ground Stud on PASSENGER SIDE (GROUND)
Black Wire with Insulated Male Spade Terminal = Black Wire/Green Stripe or Blue Wire/Green Stripe (DRIVER SIDE HALO WIRE)

it does when headlight switch is off the left one is on en the right is of only the corona is on

i have change the

Red Wire with Insulated Male Spade Terminal = Yellow Wire/Blue Stripe (LOW BEAM WIRE)
White Wire with Insulated Male Spade Terminal = Black Wire/Green Stripe or Blue Wire/Green Stripe (PASSENGER SIDE HALO WIRE)

and now the corona rings are on. when i have the light switch off and i get a error. parkings light felt out left and right.

whit both combination my corona rings don't light up when i open or close the door.

what do i need to do? plz help

(Sorry for my not so good english)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #24
Roger-C
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i

faulty harness and faulty instructions

I installed the Vista BMW DRL harness in my 2008 e90, (after figuring out the wiring myself due to erroneous instructions in the PDF) and it works perfectly etc, except that I am constantly told by the car that there is a parking light front left and parking light front right failure.
(I keep the lights switched to auto)

This is because when the normal parking light is bypassed by the harness, there is no resistance from the circuit for the computer to see , something which could have been replaced by a couple of resistors in the harness

Also, the instructions had the wire colours wrong for the harness itself (2 blacks and a white connect to the lights, no red wire at all), and only applied to a left hand drive vehicle (I'm in Australia and drive a Right hand drive BMW)

So who else has this warning come up on their screen all the time?

Also discovered the harness stops the car from starting after it has been locked:

With harness connected:
- lock car
- unlock car
- push start button - starter motor just turns over
- push stop
- push start again, car starts fine.

This is repeatable every single time, and when harness is disconnected, the issue doesn't exist at all.

I'm gonna wire in a resistor to fix the issue I think, but pretty bad from the makers of the harness that they didn't bother to think of this, OR supply accurate instructions OR consider left/right hand drive differences.

Last edited by Roger-C; 10-30-2013 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #25
puffer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 328i N51

anyone having issues with the relays? I've had mine for 2 years and already burned through 2 relays.
Does anyone know if these need 80amp relays? I can't find this amp in any stores (max 40a), only online. Would buy from jlevi again but not sure if I could get a more reliable one somewhere else.
      11-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #26
puffer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 328i N51

So turns out the second one that blew was one of the original 80A jlevi sent. So now both of those went out. The replacement one they had sent me was a 30A/40A relay. Just went to carquest and bought a universal one for $12 and it works.
      02-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #27
xthewhitekingx
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i

Might be a dumb question, but Are the angel eyes supposed to be on all times when the switch is set to auto? Because I wired my daeos up and they don't turn on on auto mode.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #28
xthewhitekingx
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g9sBMW View Post
switching the wiring worked for my passenger side.

Red to Black wire/green stripe
White to Yellow wire/ blue stripe.

But my driver side wasnt working with the Blue wire/green stripe so I had to remove the T tap and place it on the Black wire/ green stripe.

Black Wire with Insulated Male Spade Terminal = Black Wire/Green Stripe or Blue Wire/Green Stripe (DRIVER SIDE HALO WIRE)

After those 3 changes the halos work as DRL.

Mine is 3/07 build. . . . could I have coded these instead of the harness as well?

Do yours still blink only on the passenger side? And do the angel eyes work 24/7 while headlights are switched to auto mode?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 03:47 AM   #29
qihaotan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Does anyone in San Diego know how to do this? I am willing to pay for you to install for me... PM me. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #30
xthewhitekingx
Private
Rep

Help! Lol
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #31
happybibi
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

I have just installed this recently.
Works very good. Only problem I had was the quality of the wire taps provided. I had to melt the wires for taps to make soild connections..some I had to solder (taps were larger than the wire). check your wire connection?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 07:53 AM   #32
xthewhitekingx
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybibi View Post
I have just installed this recently.
Works very good. Only problem I had was the quality of the wire taps provided. I had to melt the wires for taps to make soild connections..some I had to solder (taps were larger than the wire). check your wire connection?
Hmm Well I believe my connections are fine, but I'll double check. Do yours work in "auto" mode? My eyes still don't run on during the day when on auto mode. Not sure if that's normal or if they are supposed to work there too.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 02:54 PM   #33
chubbsoluv
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthewhitekingx View Post
Hmm Well I believe my connections are fine, but I'll double check. Do yours work in "auto" mode? My eyes still don't run on during the day when on auto mode. Not sure if that's normal or if they are supposed to work there too.
^Did you ever get an answer to this question? I am about to put LEDs in my pre-LCI E90 AEs and would like to add the DRL harness as well, but if it doesn't work in Auto, I'd like to know that ahead of time.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 11:20 PM   #34
xthewhitekingx
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbsoluv View Post
^Did you ever get an answer to this question? I am about to put LEDs in my pre-LCI E90 AEs and would like to add the DRL harness as well, but if it doesn't work in Auto, I'd like to know that ahead of time.
Honestly bro I got rid of that harness and installed led rings. So the kit wasn't necessary anymore. lol
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 01:39 AM   #35
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbsoluv View Post
You should be able to enable angel eye as DRL through coding on a 2008.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 08:57 PM   #36
DannyJ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Sedan

Just installed mine today. 2007 328i. It took about an hour and it was exactly like the video I'm posting. Make sure you clean to bare wire before clamping the T-connectors. That's the only thing I had to go back and redo.
The wire color was exact for my e90. Hope this helps some of you guys.

http://youtu.be/x0tpnGvWDFQ
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #37
MadeInPhilly
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 318is, E90 335i, 03 GTI

The blue T-taps provided with this harness will not work on the Yellow/Blue wire as it is a thicker awg wire. You need a 10-12AWG t-tap.
Appreciate 0