E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Wedge Tune

12-21-2014, 03:01 AM   #23
Scotty89
Buy a 335 they said... It'll be fun they said...
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHotness View Post
I am FBO with RB's & meth and have the JB stacked with the Wedge Flash and run between E50 and E70 and its all works together very nicely. Ken has sent a few tweaks based on feedback and logs and I highly recommend it.
When I read through the Wedge tuning thread, they were bashing the JB4 saying it shouldn't be stacked due to them interfering with one another...
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #24
NewHotness
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
With all of those mods, what power and torque numbers does your machine produce?
I am not sure. I had it dyno'd when I was mid way through installing mods (pre Meth, E85 and Wedge tune) and it ran 298rwkw but I sent the logs to Terry and he asked if a 4 year old did the dyno. Throttle closures, kick downs etc etc. He told me to find a dynojet and I have been looking ever since.

Given I log a lot and have had tune tweaked I didnt see the value in running it again until I found a comparable dyno. For the same $$$ I was able to run it at local track for a day which was may more fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Any downside that you see Hotness??
Nope not at all. I tried the canned flash from Terry but it changed too many things on the ECU as it expected a US setup.

With the Wedge flash its my ECU file being modified. I compared the two with the tuning software and ts a lot cleaner. Nothing against the canned tunes at all, Terry is only one man and these tunes cater for the majority of the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty89 View Post
When I read through the Wedge tuning thread, they were bashing the JB4 saying it shouldn't be stacked due to them interfering with one another...
I must admit I havent read the thread for a while but I have had no issues at all. I think they compliment very well. At the track I tried several Wedge runes and flashed between sessions to determine best timing etc for the fuel/mods. Without the flash it does not pull anywhere near as hard.

Last edited by NewHotness; 12-21-2014 at 05:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #25
Testercles
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335iA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Saving for mods.. is a slow process
Ain't that the truth

Current: 2008 E90 335iA Sparkling Graphite Metallic
Past: 2009 E90 LCI 323iA Black Sapphire Metallic, 2005 E46 325iA Black Sapphire Metallic, 1992 E34 535iA Glacier Blue
BMW Driver's Club of South Australia member
Appreciate 0