E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > workshop situation, help required

01-03-2015, 06:58 PM   #45
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonpark View Post
A while ago I had a workshop tell me one of my parts wasn't replaced under BMW Warranty before (which it was, I have the receipt from the previous owner) and so I paid to get that part fixed. However like I said, after checking the receipts that were in the car myself after getting the car back (the car was at the shop and I asked the shop owner to check it for me, he said the receipt was not for that particular part)
The part was still under a 2 year BMW parts warranty so it should have been replaced for free but I ended up paying 1000$ for it.
I was pretty pissed off but I let it go and haven't taken my car to that shop since and have told everyone to not go there (you'd know if you were at the last meet haha) fuck them, I could've bought coils with that money (
Edit QUOTE

That's a tough one mate, warranty issues should be pretty easy to sort out cause it is all in black and white ... Id get your paperwork in order and give consumer affairs a call and see if they think the part should have been covered by warranty or not. If so they will help get your money back if you have been incorrectly charged. GL Lemon
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 07:51 PM   #46
sjf430
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 325i

Lemon, if its in black and white, and its an BMW dealer then it would be a lot easier sorting it out, fair trading have a few years time limit on when u can claim after. Only problem being is if the part failed because of poor workmanship, damage on your part, etc
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #47
lemonpark
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: '08 335i E92

I have all the paperwork regarding the part being replaced by a BMW dealer (by the previous owner), I just need to locate where I put the receipt I have from the particular workshop I got the part replaced from, if and when I find my receipt then I'll give them a call. But if I can't, if I went back to the shop and asked for another invoice, they would have to give me one right?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 11:44 PM   #48
sjf430
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonpark View Post
I have all the paperwork regarding the part being replaced by a BMW dealer (by the previous owner), I just need to locate where I put the receipt I have from the particular workshop I got the part replaced from, if and when I find my receipt then I'll give them a call. But if I can't, if I went back to the shop and asked for another invoice, they would have to give me one right?

thanks
Yeah, just say its for tax/business expense
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #49
7smurfs
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjf430 View Post
Yeah, just say its for tax/business expense