E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 lci m3 replica front bumper

05-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #45
myfly335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 sport pkg ALL BLACK

Garage List
2011 BMW 335  [0.00]
looking 4 this also
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #46
myfly335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335  [0.00]
wtf why dont it fit sport package
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #47
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfly335 View Post
As mentioned before. The cars with msport bumpers have different fender liners and different ducts. You may be able to jimmy rig something up or you will have to change liners and ducts.

This thread is pure awesome!!! It fits perfectly. This seller is going to have a lot of customers quite soon. I haven't installed my msport bumper yet. I might sell it and get one of these bumpers....
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #48
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
As mentioned before. The cars with msport bumpers have different fender liners and different ducts. You may be able to jimmy rig something up or you will have to change liners and ducts.

This thread is pure awesome!!! It fits perfectly. This seller is going to have a lot of customers quite soon. I haven't installed my msport bumper yet. I might sell it and get one of these bumpers....
Changing the liner and ducts isn't a huge deal--those who convert from regular to OEM/rep M-sport bumpers have to deal with it as well, don't let that discourage you.

However, that being said, I think the OEM LCI M-Sport front looks fantastic, and you shouldn't change it!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #49
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Changing the liner and ducts isn't a huge deal--those who convert from regular to OEM/rep M-sport bumpers have to deal with it as well, don't let that discourage you.

However, that being said, I think the OEM LCI M-Sport front looks fantastic, and you shouldn't change it!
If it was a replica I would strongly consider selling it but its OEM. Plus my body shop can install without changing ducts.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #50
myfly335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335  [0.00]
Quote:

no i dont have a a msport bumber just that my car was a sport package not M....i have the reg bumber that comes with the lci e90 will this m3 bumber fit that ???
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #51
myfly335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpax56 View Post
btw this is the seller i bought it from http://www.ebay.com/itm/140726412166...84.m1423.l2649
wait do you have a lci?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #52
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

Quote:
wait do you have a lci?
yup
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #53
phazen23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I have an E90 pre-lci. Anyone know what would be required to make this fit? I know I'd have to replace the hood at a minimum, would I need to replace the fender liners and/or ducts? Trying to do an front end LCI upgrade (minus headlamps) on a budget =)

Thx
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #54
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
no i dont have a a msport bumber just that my car was a sport package not M....i have the reg bumber that comes with the lci e90 will this m3 bumber fit that ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazen23 View Post
I have an E90 pre-lci. Anyone know what would be required to make this fit? I know I'd have to replace the hood at a minimum, would I need to replace the fender liners and/or ducts? Trying to do an front end LCI upgrade (minus headlamps) on a budget =)

Thx

bumper should work for both of you guys. myfly. you are bolt on for sure. Not sure about any 335 bits or ducts that might interfere though. You should be able to get by though.

Phazen. People to pre to lci bumper upgrades and don't change anything but the bumper so you should be fine too. you can get the bumper and cut lci grilles or zap strap the inners on your pre lci until you get the hood.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 05:27 AM   #55
Sirahi5731
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i BSM/Coral Red

Hey Pimpax, just wondering if you have an update w/ pix on the wrap+install for your bumper -- i'm thinking about jumping on this bumper as well for my LCI E90, but their "sold as-is" claim on the ebay posting is kinda scary...

thanks for taking the leap on this one!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #56
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post

True. You can buy all of the ducts, fender liners etc from Tischer.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #57
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
btw this is the seller i bought it from http://www.ebay.com/itm/140726412166...84.m1423.l2649
Did you have an Mtech bumper to begin with or just stock oem bumper?

Have you officially installed it yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #58
shoopdawoop
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI Jet Black 335i

in on this group buy
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #59
D-Raw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335is

I wonder if any of our vendors aftermarket lips/splitters would fit on this bumper?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #60
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep

Hey everyone,
sorry for not updating you but I havent had the chance to wrap my car just yet, but the person doing the wrap for me said he'd be able to wrap my car without removing my bumper. So I installed and screwed everything in. Basically the bumper fits PERFECTLY. Something I ran into(not really a problem) is since the m3 bumper kind of dips in the middle, I was only able to screw in the left and right side of the underskirt protector thing. The middle doesnt reach because of the dip. Also when I first installed the bumper, it wouldnt fit unless I took off my stock vents, it wasnt a problem for me because I bought the bumper with the vents so it was just a bit of r&r. I thought I'd mention it for those of you who want to buy the bumper with foglights and no vents, it might be a problem for you and you will probably have to take your stock vents off. I dont know if you understand what I'm talking about but I tried my best explaining. LOL. I can take more pics of the bumper, but it pretty much looks just like the ones before except I have grilles and the vents installed this time.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #61
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Hey everyone,
sorry for not updating you but I havent had the chance to wrap my car just yet, but the person doing the wrap for me said he'd be able to wrap my car without removing my bumper. So I installed and screwed everything in. Basically the bumper fits PERFECTLY. Something I ran into(not really a problem) is since the m3 bumper kind of dips in the middle, I was only able to screw in the left and right side of the underskirt protector thing. The middle doesnt reach because of the dip. Also when I first installed the bumper, it wouldnt fit unless I took off my stock vents, it wasnt a problem for me because I bought the bumper with the vents so it was just a bit of r&r. I thought I'd mention it for those of you who want to buy the bumper with foglights and no vents, it might be a problem for you and you will probably have to take your stock vents off. I dont know if you understand what I'm talking about but I tried my best explaining. LOL. I can take more pics of the bumper, but it pretty much looks just like the ones before except I have grilles and the vents installed this time.
pre and post wrap pics would be great. I'd like to see it all buttoned up. Basically you are talking about the stock brake ducts not fitting. Trimming them would likely work for those who wouldn't want to take them off but the air passages might be blocked by the bumper. Best bet is to buy the one with vents like yours.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #62
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey everyone,
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 03:38 AM   #63
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
there are pictures if you went through the thread. Everything is basically the same. Here is a picture with the grills
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #64
Njbimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 328xi

this looks like a good buy. Im new to having a bmw and am trying to research bumpers .. For e90 lci non sport package this bumper should be good to go just get it sprayed and put on.. no fender liner modification needed?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #65
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njbimmer View Post
this looks like a good buy. Im new to having a bmw and am trying to research bumpers .. For e90 lci non sport package this bumper should be good to go just get it sprayed and put on.. no fender liner modification needed?
nope no modifications, like i stated earlier, the underbody shield doesnt screw in completely (only 4-6 screws) because its too flat for the m3 bumper. And only 2/3 fender liner screws screw in
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #66
Njbimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 328xi

i had an issue with this on a bumper on my old car, i used a zip tie on the bottom and it held it up no problems, and no one could tell or see it was a zip tie. I have been looking but i cant seem to find this bumper with fog lights like the pre lci bumpers come with that are sold by venders on here
Appreciate 0