E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > maintenance schedule? e90

07-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #23
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Maint Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeggoMyE990 View Post
Ahaha I dont believe anything to be "lifetime" but by the gist of it from Mike Millers doc, It seems like just replace everything once or twice a year and your good to go lol.
I use Amsoil in my car exclusively for all fluids. I am an amsoil member so I get 25% off all fluids. I paid $80.00 for a 5 year subscription.

Oil: Every 16k.
I change out the oil every 17k as the monitor suggests, but I change out the filter halfway through the cycle, and I will run an Amsoil motor flush at the 16k mark and change out the filter. I use Bosch filters and buy them in 5-6 packs on ebay for about $50-60.00 I also use a magnetic drain plug. I use 5w-40 full sap, as suggested by their website.

Transmission oil - Change out every 50k.
Make sure you check out the megatronic sleeve to ensure it does not leak. They usually go between 75-100k. So, If your at 50k or 100k and have not done this yet, change it out. It will last around 75k. I use Signature Series Fuel-Efficient Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid. You can buy a 2 1/2 gallon jug for about $80.00. The filter/pan is about $100.00 on Amazon.

Differential Fluid - 50k
I use Severe GearŪ 75W-90

Brake Fluid - every 2 years as the monitor suggests
I use Series 600 DOT 4 Racing Brake Fluid

Power Steering Fluid - Every 50k
I use Signature Series Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid.
Yes, I know your supposed to use Petosin, but I double checked this with Amsoil, and they confirmed this in writing. If my power steering pump fails, I will be sending them the bill.

Coolant - every 75k
I use a 50/50 mix of Antifreeze and Amsoil Engine Coolant
Low-Toxicity Propylene Glycol Antifreeze, and distilled water. This stuff is rated to 250,000 miles (no lie). I also put in 8oz of amsoil coolant boost.

Fuel Injector cleaner - 2x a year
I use chevron 20 gallon compete plus.

Intake valve cleaning - every 50k
I did this at 87k - holy crap! This should be done every 50k, no question.

Spark plugs - every 45k
I just use the Bosch OEM

Coils - every 100k
I just use the Bosch OEM - get them at Amazon for $169.00; this does make a difference in how your car performs.

Belts - every 100k
I know most people say every 60-80k. Perhaps, perhaps not. I just did mine. The belt was fine; it was purely proactive. You can get a kit with 50% oem and 50% aftermarket (Continental) at ECS for around $140.00.

AirFilter - once a year
I use a drop in K&N; just use their cleaner as the the directions suggest and don't be "Tim the Tool Man Taylor" when re-oiling the filter.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #24
LeggoMyE990
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
I use Amsoil in my car exclusively for all fluids. I am an amsoil member so I get 25% off all fluids. I paid $80.00 for a 5 year subscription.

I change out the oil every 17k as the monitor suggests, but I change out the filter halfway through the cycle, and I will run an Amsoil motor flush at the 16k mark and change out the filter. I use Bosch filters and buy them in 5-6 packs on ebay for about $50-60.00 I also use a magnetic drain plug. I use 5w-40 full sap, as suggested by their website.

Make sure you check out the megatronic sleeve to ensure it does not leak. They usually go between 75-100k. So, If your at 50k or 100k and have not done this yet, change it out. It will last around 75k. I use Signature Series Fuel-Efficient Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid. You can buy a 2 1/2 gallon jug for about $80.00. The filter/pan is about $100.00 on Amazon.

Differential Fluid - 50k

Yes, I know your supposed to use Petosin, but I double checked this with Amsoil, and they confirmed this in writing. If my power steering pump fails, I will be sending them the bill.

Coolant - every 75k
Low-Toxicity Propylene Glycol Antifreeze, and distilled water. This stuff is rated to 250,000 miles (no lie). I also put in 8oz of amsoil coolant boost.

Spark plugs - every 45k
I just use the Bosch OEM

Coils - every 100k
I just use the Bosch OEM - get them at Amazon for $169.00; this does make a difference in how your car performs.

Belts - every 100k
I know most people say every 60-80k. Perhaps, perhaps not. I just did mine. The belt was fine; it was purely proactive. You can get a kit with 50% oem and 50% aftermarket (Continental) at ECS for around $140.00.

AirFilter - once a year
I use a drop in K&N; just use their cleaner as the the directions suggest and don't be "Tim the Tool Man Taylor" when re-oiling the filter.

Awesome! That about sums up every thing lol thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #25
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

My N52 is coming up on 80k. I'm doing manual tranny, diff, coolant, and PS this weekend. Already done brake fluid, air filter and cabin filter. Closer to 100k I'll do plugs and coils.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #26
zhp43867
Ohhai
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post

Differential Fluid - 50k

Coolant - every 75k

Spark plugs - every 45k
I just use the Bosch OEM

Coils - every 100k

Belts - every 100k

AirFilter - once a year
If you start changing your oil more often you may find intake valve cleaning less dramatic in the future.
Appreciate 0