E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Retrofitted CIC - coding needed?

08-19-2015, 02:44 AM   #1
_TB_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 325d Touring

Retrofitted CIC - coding needed?

I have just retrofitted a CIC, I had a CCC before so it was almost just plug'n'play all the way.

However.. There are a few nags.

1) PDC image only shows the rear sensor, but I have sensors front and rear. The beeping works both front and back - but not the visual PDC.

2) There is no option in the CIC to map the two buttons (star and diamond) on the steeringwheel.

3) Navigation voice - I'm not able to turn the navigation voice down, nor up.

4) I have a snapinadapter for an iPhone4 - can I not play music from it directly from the snapin adapter? Aux in and USB works just fine. But I had hoped that I could play internet radio through the iphone in the snapin adapter.

5) I have an option called "Internet" under "BMW Services". But the following message: "Online services not enabled or contract expired". if I replace the SIM - can I use this "Internet"?

6) Voice control is not working.

I'm not running an emulator - Navigation is somewhat working*. When first rebooting the CIC the navigation is working, if I turn off the car and leave it for some hours, then I have to reboot it again to get Navigation to work. If I do not reboot it - iut's just greyed out. IS this because it is script activated - and the script only runs@ boot time? What about updating the maps, will it be possible?

My car has the following options (plus others I do not think are important here)

- PDC front and rear, S508A
- Rainsensor, S521A
- Adaptive Xenon headlighst, S524A+S522A
- BMW Assist, S612A
- BMW Online, S616A
- BMW Teleservice, S6AAA
- Voice Control, S620A
- Comfort Access, S322A
- Professional HIFI, S676A
- USB/AUX, S6FLA
- Navigation BT, S7SPA
- Mobile phone prep., S633A
- Telemetrics, S8SCA
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 03:57 AM   #2
cryptomit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320d 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TB_ View Post
I have just retrofitted a CIC, I had a CCC before so it was almost just plug'n'play all the way.

However.. There are a few nags.

1) PDC image only shows the rear sensor, but I have sensors front and rear. The beeping works both front and back - but not the visual PDC.

2) There is no option in the CIC to map the two buttons (star and diamond) on the steeringwheel.

3) Navigation voice - I'm not able to turn the navigation voice down, nor up.

4) I have a snapinadapter for an iPhone4 - can I not play music from it directly from the snapin adapter? Aux in and USB works just fine. But I had hoped that I could play internet radio through the iphone in the snapin adapter.

5) I have an option called "Internet" under "BMW Services". But the following message: "Online services not enabled or contract expired". if I replace the SIM - can I use this "Internet"?

6) Voice control is not working.

I'm not running an emulator - Navigation is somewhat working*. When first rebooting the CIC the navigation is working, if I turn off the car and leave it for some hours, then I have to reboot it again to get Navigation to work. If I do not reboot it - iut's just greyed out. IS this because it is script activated - and the script only runs@ boot time? What about updating the maps, will it be possible?

My car has the following options (plus others I do not think are important here)

- PDC front and rear, S508A
- Rainsensor, S521A
- Adaptive Xenon headlighst, S524A+S522A
- BMW Assist, S612A
- BMW Online, S616A
- BMW Teleservice, S6AAA
- Voice Control, S620A
- Comfort Access, S322A
- Professional HIFI, S676A
- USB/AUX, S6FLA
- Navigation BT, S7SPA
- Mobile phone prep., S633A
- Telemetrics, S8SCA
Coding is needed.

Recode CIC unit using NCSEXPERT (expermode profile).

1) yes, the car the unit came from had only rear PDC that's why it's not ok in your car. Recoding CIC unit ready.

2) In LCI cars these two buttons were replaced by SOURCE and CLOSE AC LOOP

3) Recoding needed.

4) No, it won't work in that way, you will probably need BMW APPS activated

5) Interent can be activated but you also need COMBOX retrofit to have interent via bt tethering. SIM card will not do the job here, it's useless in used car.

6) It should work after recodig if you have TCU.

AS far as I know you will need CIC emulator.
      08-19-2015, 04:08 AM   #3
_TB_
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
Coding is needed.

Recode CIC unit using NCSEXPERT (expermode profile).

1) yes, the car the unit came from had only rear PDC that's why it's not ok in your car. Recoding CIC unit ready.
Ok, coding needed.

Quote:
2) In LCI cars these two buttons were replaced by SOURCE and CLOSE AC LOOP
So it is not possible to reassign those two buttons - like I could with the CCC? I'd _really_ like one of them to be a mute button.

Quote:
3) Recoding needed.

4) No, it won't work in that way, you will probably need BMW APPS activated

5) Interent can be activated but you also need COMBOX retrofit to have interent via bt tethering. SIM card will not do the job here, it's useless in used car.
ok, that's what I feared.

Quote:
6) It should work after recodig if you have TCU.
Yup, I have TCU.

Quote:
AS far as I know you will need CIC emulator.
That is the funny thing, Navigation works - sometimes. By the looks of it, it needs a reboot - if it has been in "deepsleep" (car left for hours). Then Navigation works just fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 07:55 AM   #4
_TB_
Lieutenant
Rep

OK, it is working now. Builddate changed and added #6va (IIRC) to the VO.

Do I need to remove the CCC options from the VO? When using Rheingold - I get an error on CCC-ASK - since it does not reply.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 10:33 AM   #5
djkevinnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i FBO

You should just need to change build date and add $6VA. I don't recall there being any items that need to be removed.
e90 jet black on terra//pure stage 2//fuel-it stage 3 lpfp & pi w. return//motiv tuned//vrsf dps//vtt inlets & outlets//helix fmic // er w. hks bov // bms dcis // spec stage 3+ w. mfactory smfw // cdv delete // clutch stopper // kw v1 // m3 control arms // whiteline fsb // cic|combox|backup camera retrofit // m3 headliner retrofit
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 12:41 PM   #6
joseochoa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 (E70)

E70 CIC Coding

Anyone successfully coded a retrofit CIC that has Hifi audio, my car originally came with the Base Stereo Option and I did some research and it seems that my X5 does not come prewired for an amp, so I cant just add the amp with a plug and play soluttion. The issue is that since it is a HiFi unit it needs the amp to send the audio signal to the speakers.

The base audio system speakers are driven directly by the head unit (no external amp), the The HiFi audio system uses an external amp to drive them.

Please let me know if coding for this is possible, or what it takes to recode the CIC?

Car: 2011 BMW X5 35i Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 01:39 PM   #7
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

this should not be problem