E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Turner Motorsports.....Sorry for the rant.

12-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
hiphopANchop
Rep
Drives: 328i 2011

Turner Motorsports.....Sorry for the rant.

Probably the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Our family owns a business so I understand how tough it can be to please everyone but this place was just awful. *I hate to whine/rant but I felt I had to in this situation.

I called them on Friday to have a tune done for Monday. The AA tune for the 328i Cliff told me they needed it by 9 am but I couldn't do that. Had to drop someone off so I specifically asked for 10am. He said O.K I would just have to wait longer for his guys to get lunch. All fine and fair to me.

So I'm driving there today, Monday and it's bad out. Snowy rain leads to traffic on 93 which is quite dangerous. I leave early but still will fall 5-10 minutes late according to my gps. Cliff calls me at 940 and says why aren't I there yet? I said you told me 10 was fine so I planned specifically for then....He proceeds to tell me he never said that and told me 9 am latest. He insist i heard wrong implying I'm stupid or something.It all goes downhill from here as he keeps saying I heard wrong and all this bullshit. I live in Randolph and I was almost there. They call me and come up with this bs, probably cliff saying they need to reschedule for another day. Do they think it's that easy to take work off for people? After minutes of back and fourth he finally admitted to a mistake. Cliff made a mistake and was trying to cover it up or maybe they didn't want to perform the service. He recommended I didn't get it done on Friday so maybe they just didn't want to do it. Cliff also told me even if it was 10am I wouldn't have made it. So I guess 10 minutes late in bad weather, driving over an hour away isn't good enough for you. What an understanding company. I drove for over an hour in bad weather to be called and given B.S. Now I'm driving back home and will never go back there. They're the only ones who perform this service in M.A but I don't care. One person doesn't change anything for them but you'll be dealing w rude, *know it alls there.

Thanks for reading if you did. Just needed to rant a bit...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Lifted07Duramax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW red 335i coupe

All this for a tune? Why not get a bms tune or something?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
hiphopANchop
Rep

I'm hearing the AA tune is better. Actual power gains. But I'm all new to this stuff. Not much we can do for the 328i
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
bimmerdreamz
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Sorry to hear that. Truly surprised as I have only heard good things about Turner and their customer service.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
hiphopANchop
Rep

Thanks. I'm sure some have good experiences with them, guess I just got some bad luck on this day. Hate talking bad about businesses since It's not easy but It was tough to hold back on this one.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

First I heard so far about them ........ But it sure would piss me off if it happened to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #7
YGazis109
Yiannis Gazis
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Wow that's weird every time I go there they do a great job...is Marco not the manager there anymore? I was actually just about to call them for some maintenance work
1st Bimmer - 2007 328xi | SGM | e90 | Premium | Navi | Gloss black trim | Cold | AA headers | 3 stage intake manifold | AA stage 3 tune | AFE stage 2 intake | Cyba Scoops | OEM Blacklines | OEM LCI mtech front bumper | OEM LCI hood | OEM gloss black kidney grills | Orion v4 LED halos with blackout headlights | Valentine 1 Radar | Sport wheel with paddles | kw v1 coilovers | VMR 710 | Continental ExtremeContact DW |
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #8
hiphopANchop
Rep

I dealt with Cliff and I'm thinking he messed up the schedule and told me 10 was fine. He put the service manager on and the guy said I was supposed to be there at 9 too. It was a mistake by Cliff but they didn't seem to care I was driving a long distance to get there. It's just flash software but they told me nothing would change and they wouldn't do it since I was "late". Just bad luck on my part. I'm sure Marco is good and many of you get good service there. I just felt screwed over so I didn't reschedule and won't go back.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #9
b-man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi

I had the same experience with them. I understand they are good at what they do and therefore they're busy, but that doesn't give them the right to be rude or a-holes to the customers. If you are busy and can't help me, say it nicely and we'll reschedule. Will never go back, I'm just ordering the simon tool
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #10
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Ironically, I think this about Active Autowerke's itself.

I've actually not had issues with Turner but I can certainly see how they made the mistake. Pretty bogus that he didn't admit to it right away. I'm all for letting people have a second chance because I understand people have "off" days but after the second attempt, I see it as them making ME beg for them to take my money. I won't be belittled to an idiot either, so if you don't want my business, you won't get it.

Andrew at Active Autowerkes is this way. Everyone else that I've talked to there seems like a good human being that understands basic respect and courtesy.

I would possibly give Turner's one more try, if not with Cliff, with someone else. Its a shame good companies sometimes have poor representatives. It doesn't always reflect the company. Good luck!

| 3-IM | AA Headers | Eurocharged Stage-3 | BMW PI |
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
hiphopANchop
Rep

I'm doing the same thing Baris. Try to ask for the black friday special if you're buying it directly from Active auto. They might give you 100 bucks off.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #12
bimmerdreamz
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopANchop View Post
Thanks. I'm sure some have good experiences with them, guess I just got some bad luck on this day. Hate talking bad about businesses since It's not easy but It was tough to hold back on this one.
Sorry to hear that man. Hope this gets sorted out.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #13
Mrida335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Wow Sorry to hear that. I have been to Turner a few times now for everything from service to intercooler install, for wheels and tires. They have always been top notch in terms of service and knowledge. I have only ever dealt with Marco and he is as strait as they come, no bullshit which I like. Really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them. Especially over something as silly as scheduling and 1 hour of time..... mistake or no mistake on either end I would expect they would have been able to cope with that.
2002 745i - Kalahari Beige
Appreciate 0