E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ***NOW HAPPILY RESOLVED*** My awful experience at Sytner Harold Wood - please help!

06-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

***NOW HAPPILY RESOLVED*** My awful experience at Sytner Harold Wood - please help!

Hello,

Right, sorry in advance for such a long post, but i really would appreciate your help!

I purchased my e93 end of December.....3 weeks into it and i was driving when my car started shaking and the tyre pressure warning came up, i could not carry on driving - not even 10mph on the run flats! car got towed away and we discovered the tyre melted to the wheel!! BMW took no responsibility and i had to pay for a new tyre. sent the tyre to get investigated, and now about 5months on and still no news!

a week after the tyre incident my roof started leaking and the car was booked in for 2-3 days (had to wait 3 weeks for the booking to get a loaner car) - 3 weeks passed and i came for service only to be told they have no loaner car and then i had to take the car back and was rebooked for a whole month ahead!! The roof leak gets worse, my seat creaks and theres creaking noises when i open the door and inside the car as i drive!

one month on and i turn up for the booking...keep me waiting over an hour then tell me - no we have no booking for you!!! - infact there was no information about my car recorded with them!! im very unhappy and then talk with the manager who then says he will take the car in today - which he did! i get no loaner car, and am told it will be 2-3 days.

one week passed, cars not ready....but i get a mini to drive.

2 weeks passed, still not ready, dont know how to solve the roof leak!

3rd week and the other side is leaking now once they fix the first leak. few days later - i call again, then get told yes the car is ready, and to collect the following car. come to collect the following day and guess wot? i get a call saying it leaking again!!!

4th week now - really had enough now, have a meeting with the managers and am told they have definatly fixed it now and the car is not leaking!

went to pick up the car and....

2 wheels are curbed, the interior has been splashed with water and got water marks all over sun visor aread and dash! water marks all over the car....and to really piss me off they handed it back with only 2miles of pertrol left!!!! obviously been driving the car around!

Anways i took the car and handed it back 3 weeks later for them to sort the wheels they curbed, creaking sound, replace the trim they scratched! - few days later and i pick up the car and as i drove of from the dealer i notice my roof is leaking again and my seat in ripped!!!!...went straight back and they book it in again.

its never ending, the dealer is very unprofessional, always try get out of it! i want to change the car - they keep telling me its hasstle to do the buy-back and keep trying to avoid it. i phoned main bmw but they said its up to the manager at the dealer....but i dont seem to get nowere?

ive really had enough and want to change the car! what can i do?? anyone else experience a similar problem??

HELP PLEASEE?????

Thank you for reading and appreciate your help!
      06-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
ShereKhan
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport MY20

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Have you contacted BMW CS to complain about the stealer - you should name here too.

I wouldn't have bothered with them after 1st screw up with the booking.
Find another stealer - there are a few members on here who are not too far from Ilford. I'm sure they will be along soon to steer you to a better stealer.
Long gone -15 Peugeot 308 2.0HDi GT AUTO Magnetic Blue, 10 BMW F10 520D SE Xirallic Imperial blue/Cinnamon Brown, 06 E90 320si - Le Mans Blue - Totally standard specification (Scrapped RIP 12/08/2010), 00 Peugeot 306 2.0 SE Cabriolet, 94 Rover 214 SEi, 91 Fiat Uno 60S Mk2
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShereKhan View Post
Have you contacted BMW CS to complain about the stealer - you should name here too.

I wouldn't have bothered with them after 1st screw up with the booking.
Find another stealer - there are a few members on here who are not too far from Ilford. I'm sure they will be along soon to steer you to a better stealer.
yes i phoned BMW CS from the beggining and they have been working with the dealership....but still im not gettn a result. the dealership said that a technician from bmw has come down to help with the roof - but yet after a month they still cant fix it?

the dealer is Sytner Harold Wood
      06-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
yes i phoned BMW CS from the beggining and they have been working with the dealership....but still im not gettn a result. the dealership said that a technician from bmw has come down to help with the roof - but yet after a month they still cant fix it?

the dealer is Sytner Harold Wood
Ohmygod... Sytner Harold Wood ?! I feel so so so so sorry for you mate...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
You need to get yourself some legal help.

Have a read of this link, should help you move forward with things.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=43
      06-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Dr.Crap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Appalling service - hope it gets sorted. Sounds like they are trying to get as much warranty cash out of it as possible. BMW CS should wise up otherwise they'll keep getting billed for hours and hours of labour
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
sorry to here of your woes waffik buddy?

So how long in total were you without your car?

They say the buyback thing is hassle, well of course it is, would you accept there offer?
      06-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #8
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
sorry to here of your woes waffik buddy?

So how long in total were you without your car?

They say the buyback thing is hassle, well of course it is, would you accept there offer?
I have stayed without my car in total of more then 5 weeks, and have made sooo many trips to the dealer. Never straight forward with me!

If they are willing to buyback i am willing to do it as this car is probably always going to have problems!
      06-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #9
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
have they offered that Wffik?
      06-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
have they offered that Wffik?
Hello, no they have not. i told them from when they had the car 2-3 weeks into the service that i do not want the car if they cant even fix it after this long. but the manager said he will do me a favour and respray my bumper that was scratched.....however this did not solve the roof still leaking, and the creaks etc. Just seems to be avoiding taking the buyback situation serious...
      06-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE GT3

well I would demand that they take the car back and personally I don't rate any Sytner dealer ,when I bought my M3 from them they were great ,brought the car to my house to show me sorted out a really good deal on the spot infact I took delivery of the car less than 2 Days later, the fastest car exchange I have ever done but when I picked it up they had Superguarded the car or so they said charged me £350 for the benefit but when I got Home I went round the car and I tell you if thats how they prep a car up I was shocked ,alloys had baked on brake dust , paintwork looked dull and patchy, a bit naff really , anyway I spent about 3 hours on it snow foam etc etc and now it looks really nice apart from some swirling that I will sort , but all in all they let themselves down at the last minute with the hand over ,yours is a lot worst though mate and I would really kick off in the showroom they would soon sort it out them especially if they had a few potential customers in at the time
      06-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #12
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Given the fact that the car develpoed the fault so quickly during your ownership, and given the inability of them to resolve the problems I would have thought you have good grounds to claim that the car was not fit for purpose and that they should be taking it back.

Appalling service, especially when compared to the service given by Renault as detailed in this thread... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271419

I am sure that anyone doing a little searching online before heading to Harold Wood for sales or service will be driving a bit further if they find this thread.

Best of luck in getting it resolved to your satisfaction.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
Given the fact that the car develpoed the fault so quickly during your ownership, and given the inability of them to resolve the problems I would have thought you have good grounds to claim that the car was not fit for purpose and that they should be taking it back.

Appalling service, especially when compared to the service given by Renault as detailed in this thread... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271419

I am sure that anyone doing a little searching online before heading to Harold Wood for sales or service will be driving a bit further if they find this thread.

Best of luck in getting it resolved to your satisfaction.
I thought so too......i am trying to get them to acknowledge that the car is not fit for purpose and they should take it back! And yes i hope people see this thread before going to Sytner Harold Wood!
      06-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #14
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks alot Mod, really appreciate your help into this! Thanks for everyones input too...! What would you recomend i do next?
      06-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

i bought my 335d from those guys and had a good experience - mainly cos of the sales guy who did my deal (Harp).

However, things that were supposed to be done to mine pre delivery werent done - have a feeling the servicing department hasnt got a clue.

Bar the roof stuff, the fact that they had been driving your car about would seriously piss me off!!
      06-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #16
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A very fast car :)

Sorry to hear this Wafik.

http://www.sytner.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

This is the link to the Sytner Head Office. Call them first thing in the morning and demand to speak to the Operations Manager or make an appointment. They should be able to help out. J
      06-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #17
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
How old is this car? I take it that it was NEW last December?

They have been given plenty of opportunities and time to sort the car - without success - so now is the time toformally reject the car I feel.
      06-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #18
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrap View Post
Sorry to hear this Wafik.

http://www.sytner.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

This is the link to the Sytner Head Office. Call them first thing in the morning and demand to speak to the Operations Manager or make an appointment. They should be able to help out. J
Thank you, i will call them tomorrow and will try to arrange a meeting with the manager of the sytner group.
      06-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #19
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
How old is this car? I take it that it was NEW last December?

They have been given plenty of opportunities and time to sort the car - without success - so now is the time toformally reject the car I feel.
yes, last December, and the problems all started within a month. They have been given plenty of chances and whenever they book me in i have to wait weeks for the booking and then when the car comes out its still faulty and even worse, completely damaged and abused! Can you imagine giving a customer a car back with just 2 miles worth of fuel in the tank? What happens if there are stones or grit in the bottom of the tank and they get into the fuel pump?!
      06-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #20
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Hi Buddy - I hope you can get them to take the car back.

I had similar issues with my convertible (not the roof but many other problems meant the dealer had my car for many weeks) - Mine spent a month in the dealer when 10 days old and then had it back for a fortnight before the fuel pump failed and it was in for a another 5 weeks. They had it for another fortnight shortly after to fix all sorts of weird and wonderful faults. I tried hard to get the car rejected and order me a replacement but to no avail.

BMW customer services helped out by paying my finance on the vehicle for the time it was in for repairs as I complained about my 318d loaner whilst forking out the monthly payments for a £38k convertible and they then sweetened me up by swapping the loaner to a 630i convertible for a few weeks.

It then had all sorts of faults over the 2 years (juddering clutch, ipod adaptor problems, seat belt jamming out, injector failures, leaking boot seals, faulty roof trim shells that used to unclip and snap when operating the roof, shadowline trim unclipping itself, brake servo failure) - the list is endless.

I think if you have 'one of those cars' then you need to try and get rid but BMW will put up quite a bit of resistance. Hopeully Tone can help you out here as well.

Funny how a poor dealer can exagerate problems with a car - mine used to take 3 visits to cure one fault at times, and yes, my dealer scuffed my front alloys also!

Hope you get things sorted, they can really start to get you down.

Paul
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #21
Steve748
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Corvette & Jeep Commander

Get in touch with your local trading standards, they may have had other complaints if their service to you has been experienced by others
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #22
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
I would seriously recommend seeking a lawyer's advice - not American style by suing their asses off but to set out your rights and what you are allowed to do. A single consultation with a lawyer's letter fired off to their head office shouldn't cost you that much and will move you forward far quicker than anything else so far.
Appreciate 0