E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Have you guys used any DODO Juice products

04-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #23
Walesy
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day Hmmmmmm
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
30mins to cure sounds like a very long time to me.

Try applying (very thinly) to one panel. Check on it every 5 minutes and try to wipe a little away with your finger. If it swipes away cleanly then it's done and you can go ahead and buff. If, however, it smears you need to leave it a little longer.
Yeah thats what I have started doing, the 'swipe test' and it has worked out well. Again, I still think it is horrible to work with especially on application I just dont like the way it spreads even with think coats/layers. I am goig to DA my car soon, so may give it a go on some panels and try other methods of application to see if I can get my head into thinking it is nice to work with. I think my next wax will be either Zymol concours or CG's E-zyme.
      04-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #24
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

What are you using to apply it?

I have found foam applicator pads work great, especially if moistened with a little quick detailer or even just a bit of slightly soapy water...

You might just be putting too much on the applicator or using the wrong sort of applicator?

Of course, it might just be the product/your batch? But plenty of others swear by Super Natural...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #25
Walesy
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day Hmmmmmm
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 MSport

Quote:
What are you using to apply it?

I have found foam applicator pads work great, especially if moistened with a little quick detailer or even just a bit of slightly soapy water...

You might just be putting too much on the applicator or using the wrong sort of applicator?

Of course, it might just be the product/your batch? But plenty of others swear by Super Natural...
Hi bud,

using the Dodo Juice SN finger applicators, sprayed with a little vic's wax QD and then off I go. Mine seems to come of in clumps (even though it was too hard when first bought). I have now stored it in a fridge to harden slightly as I know the properties or pure waxes can be influenced by the ambient temperature, so a colder storage may help. Wait and see. Still at £90 (wooden pot) I dont think is totally worth the money, just my opinion.
I may click with it one day and it will be the best thing since Guinness LOL
      04-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #26
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

I totally agree, £90 for wax is a little rich for my blood. I went for the £32 Blue Velvet. Hopefully if I get a few other things sorted this weekend I will be able to give the car a going over and report back on what it's like.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #27
Andrew@DTUK
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 Valencia Orange 1M

Quote:
I totally agree, £90 for wax is a little rich for my blood. I went for the £32 Blue Velvet. Hopefully if I get a few other things sorted this weekend I will be able to give the car a going over and report back on what it's like.
The Blue Velvet with the members discount is down to £28.00 plus £1.50 carriage, + a free 40x40cm microfibre cloth if anyone else is interested

Ill post a new thread with what we have available sometime soon..

In the meantime if anyone is interested, feel free to drop an email to juicyjen@juicydetailing.co.uk for a full price list and stock availability
Appreciate 0