E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Somalian Pirates

02-16-2010, 04:31 AM   #23
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
pmsl @ Roj hahaha.#

Yeah I know mate. Poor couple.
      02-16-2010, 04:34 AM   #24
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by prt71 View Post
Not taken offence as such, just weary of this sort of thread.

I split my time between the Uk and Australia, and with politics it just feels like same shit, different country. Everyone thinks their government is useless, everyone thinks they've got the most spineless government in the world, everyone thinks other governments do a better job/spend more etc etc.

I don't like the current government, but I just think the assumption that everything would be so much better with a different one is naive, they are all the same.
Think about your statement, you visit two Countries, who's members have the same opinion and you think their naive.

Don't confuse not wanting the political party in power, with thinking there's a better alternative just waiting to be voted in.

The UK is in the shite in so many ways, I think it’s citizens have a right to be a bit miffed.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #25
prt71
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Think about your statement, you visit two Countries, who's members have the same opinion and you think their naive.

Don't confuse not wanting the political party in power, with thinking there's a better alternative just waiting to be voted in.

The UK is in the shite in so many ways, I think it’s citizens have a right to be a bit miffed.
I agree, my point was more that having watched the ruling party change in Oz, that there is still seemingly a lot of dissatisfaction and nothing significant has changed, look at Obama for another example. Saving the universe in everyones eyes when he was elected, record breakingly unpopular a very short time on.

Does anyone seriously think a different political party would have lined up the battleships and nuked the pirates yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 06:12 AM   #26
themetz
smokin' kipper
England
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by prt71 View Post
Does anyone seriously think a different political party would have lined up the battleships and nuked the pirates yet?
I think Nick Griffin probably would given half a chance.

(i'm not advocating the BNP in any way, shape or form by the way. I just get the feeling that that sort of thing might be right up his street.)

Last edited by themetz; 02-16-2010 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 0