E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Surprised CTS-V

12-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #23
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass335 View Post
thanks for the support, at least someone see's it my way.
Yeah mann, new CTS-V ain't nothin to fuck with!

Good job pulling on that thing lol

I test drove one and HOLY SHIT THEY ARE FAST
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #24
AndyzDad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
i guess times have changed, people don't speed anymore, or have alittle fun on the streets. i'm old school, you people are too civil for me. you should trade your bimmers in for a prius. all the forums ive been to still post kill threads but i guess bimmer owners are too full of themselves to do so. high nosed. i'm not bragging, just thought some people on this forum might enjoy such things but i guess not.

I dont understand why people on this forum have to bicker at each other so much..I for one appreciated his post assuming it was done in a safe manner and without incident! Geez guys, we're enthusiasts here, not stepping over each others toes!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #25
Bubba Ho-Tep
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i xDrive

AWD vs RWD from a dig- that's the entire story right there. If it were at the track you'd lunge forward a car or two, but moment later reeled in and passed with ease by the CTS-V.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #26
SHOWTIME
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Coupe M-Sport

OP, thanks for the story. Don't mind the bunch of whinning little bitches that are on this site.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #27
amclint
boom
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Ho-Tep View Post
AWD vs RWD from a dig- that's the entire story right there. If it were at the track you'd lunge forward a car or two, but moment later reeled in and passed with ease by the CTS-V.
XI with nothing but a tune done can do the 1/4 nearly the same on the street/track/wet street and has a huge advantage from a dig. Sounds like this 'kill story' may not even have gone much above the speed limit so no surprise at the outcome. With my tune only XI I had logged 3.7 seconds to 60 (on camera), and now with meth 3.4 seconds (on Vbox) with a perfect launch. Very few RWD cars on the street will touch a well driven and tuned XI from a dig

FWIW, Stock CTS-Vs at my local track were low 12s and I would put several cars on them by the end of the 1/4, their trap speed was obviously much higher than me though!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #28
mass340
Enlisted Member
Rep

i took a g37x the other day. he got a slight jump on me but i reeled him in quick and passed him easily. this was early morning cambridge st., noone on the road but us and heading towards the ma pike entrance. i forgot to mention i had full car load and the g37 had only the driver. another win for the bimmer.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #29
deven8703
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by amclint View Post
XI with nothing but a tune done can do the 1/4 nearly the same on the street/track/wet street and has a huge advantage from a dig. Sounds like this 'kill story' may not even have gone much above the speed limit so no surprise at the outcome. With my tune only XI I had logged 3.7 seconds to 60 (on camera), and now with meth 3.4 seconds (on Vbox) with a perfect launch. Very few RWD cars on the street will touch a well driven and tuned XI from a dig

FWIW, Stock CTS-Vs at my local track were low 12s and I would put several cars on them by the end of the 1/4, their trap speed was obviously much higher than me though!
True, people forget the CTS-V weighs almost 500 pounds more than the 335xi. I think their stock 0-60 is somewhere around 3.9. Its a powerful, fast car, but its very probable a tuned 335xi would beat it in a street drag to 50mph, I'd actually say hands down it should win that battle. Stock vs. stock is a diff story though.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #30
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I fucking SLAUGHTERED a prius yesterday. This old lady looks over at me from a stop and I knew it was ON. She slammed the pedal to the metal and it was off. In a hail of tire shredding doom we barreled onward to the next stop light. Toasted. Not a chance in hell. She had a good run, but my mad street racing skills gave me the win in this most triumphant race in a straight line over barely any distance.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #31
hmmcolor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
I fucking SLAUGHTERED a prius yesterday. This old lady looks over at me from a stop and I knew it was ON. She slammed the pedal to the metal and it was off. In a hail of tire shredding doom we barreled onward to the next stop light. Toasted. Not a chance in hell. She had a good run, but my mad street racing skills gave me the win in this most triumphant race in a straight line over barely any distance.
Dude the electric half of that Prius has full torque from 0 rpm. Beastly drag car. You were lucky to get away with a win.
      01-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #32
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmcolor View Post
Dude the electric half of that Prius has full torque from 0 rpm. Beastly drag car. You were lucky to get away with a win.
Mad driver skillz brah
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #33
ultimateendz
Vengeance is mine, I shall repay
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3, CTS-V coupe

i can see if the caddy driver mashed the gas im sure stabilitrack kicked in(mine does all the time)...our caddys have full on torque EARLY in the rpm range...so i can see the tuned n54 getting a headstart...and since i had a FBO e93 and upgraded turbos i can see how the OP might have gotten a headstart.......especially if he was xi.......dont meet one on a highway tho....we will embarass even a FBO n54 there....if you see one with an abnormally raised hood....your looking at an alpha 9 GT-R killer and likely a built motor LSX with a whipple or kenne bell underneath that most likely will be doing something like this...and this was before it was properly tuned

01-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #34
mass340
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Hardy har har! I guess i'd be racing prius's too if i was in their horsepower range.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #35
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hardy har har! I guess i'd be racing prius's too if i was in their horsepower range.

Psh you wish.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...uto-salon.html

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #36
mass340
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
On the street, "Dummy".
Appreciate 0