E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW Austin

08-15-2005, 10:16 PM   #1
xrayvision
Registered
Rep
Drives: lexus rx300

BMW Austin

what is your opinion of bmw of austin?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #2
SilverE90Sport
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Great dealership! They work with you.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #3
txalpina
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

They are great. I bought my first 3 series from the previous dealership (John Roberts). They sucked sooooooo bad. The service improved 1000% after the new owners bought it. BMW of Austin is great. I bought my Z8 from them a couple of years ago and only by chance I bought my E90 from a College Station dealer who got a hold of exactly what I wanted at my price. Otherwise, I would have gotten it from BOA with no reservations.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 11:47 AM   #4
e902cool
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i sedan

Thumbs up

another for the BMW of Austin

My new licence plates are in and I drove to the dealer, they proceeded to put my plate on, I told them, just leave the front one in my trunk. Somehow the greeter and the techinician mis-communicated and when I approached my car, I couldnt find the front plate in the trunk. walked to the front, the PLATE is SCREWED onto my perfect front bumper cover!!

then the technician brought the manager and he was cool enough to swap me a brand new front bumper cover!

I thought it was nice to mention.
      06-29-2006, 10:58 AM   #5
SignHere
Supreme Omnipotent Bobohead
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different BMW's every day!

Wow e902! Glad we took care of you, had I been you, I would have gone ballistic!

And yes, we had a bad reputation to fix in this town thanks to John Roberts, but Steve Late our current owner is a second generation BMW store owner and he 'gets it'.

If you don't have excellent customer service in the BMW market you simply don't have customers!
      10-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #6
Fester
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Porsche 911 (991) 4S

So far my experience has been great with bmw of Austin. I have been getting periodic updates of where my is at from start of production to waiting to be transported etc. They work with you to understand what your needs and requirements are. I am hoping this trend continues. I give them so far!!
      11-28-2007, 08:54 PM   #7
enbalmer
Rep
Drives: bmw

Don't trust them

After I agreed to pay full MSRP on a new car, I was signing the paperwork in the finance office. I noticed they added on a $700 paint protection package. I was never told about this. They said everyone pays it. I said I don't, so we cancelled the deal. I bought elsewhere. Second problem is service. Either hit or miss. I arranged an expensive service for my M3 out of warranty. They promised a loaner when I made the appt. When I arrived at the dealer they said since I didn't purchase the car from them they were cancelling the offer of a loaner. I waited three hours in their lobby for an oil change on a different visit. I spoke with their GM who said they know what people will pay, they have an exclusive brand, and are in business to make money.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #8
batchelorc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deez nuts

I love BMW of Austin. Bought my 2005 330i ZHP from them (Tremont). Every time I went in for service it was a good experience. I move away, but will be moving back to the area soon and am glad I can get my new M3 serviced there.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #9
jgirl
Registered
Rep
Drives: silver 330i

Thumbs down stinks

after our 2nd time, i told my husband he better plan on going to san antonio for service.

spotty and shady practices if you ask me. watch out for some techs...i know the one we got stuck with is deceptive.

i dont care how nice the waiting room is, when you take in your car for maintenence and it comes back worse than it went in with issues you NEVER had that occurred "while the car was in service".... watch out.

yeah, "while the car was in service"????!!!! BULL...

nice right?

jessie
Appreciate 0