E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 335 E90 Help

09-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
e90Mark
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Talking 335 E90 Help

Hi guys, I'm new and I've been in the Michigan chat thread but finally found a couple local cars that I'd like your advice on.

I've found an 07 e90 335xi 6MT with Cold, Premium, Sport, Convenience package, Logic7, etc. 54k miles, private owner, asking $20,200. What do you think?

Also found an 09 e90 335i 6MT with just sport, at a non-bmw dealership, asking just under $19k. But the car has been in a front end collision, reported by CarFax. I haven't gone up to check out the car for this very reason, but the thought of the car still sits in the back of my head for some reason, so I'm looking to you guys for some advice.

Thanks.

Last edited by e90Mark; 09-04-2013 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
Dieselfreak
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M-sport Black Saph

Keep Looking

Skip the 2007. Pre-2009 E90s are very problematic. I had a 2008 335i for 2 years and visited the dealer 16 times. I had non-stop wheel/tire/suspension issues. The fuel injection pump was replaced 4 times. I saw a christmas tree of warnings almost every morning on this car. Luckily, during my ownership, the car was under warranty.

Skip any car with previous damage of any kind. I had a small fender-bender in my 2011 335d M-Sport that required a trunk and rear bumper replacement. It was repaired by the dealer (Century West BMW in North Hollywood, CA). They did a great job and the car looked flawless, but I could hear a new creaking sound and additional wind noise. Later, I got hit by freeway debris and the windshield was replaced. Same dealer did the work and again it looked perfect, but there was noticeable wind noise following the repair. By the way, this car was mechanically flawless. It turned it in last month end-of-lease at 27K miles. It didn't make CPO (I assume because of the body damage) and eventually showed up on Autotrader for sale at San Diego eCars. Carfax was 100% clean with no mention of the body damage or windshield replacement.

I purchased a 2011 335i M-Sport CPO. It's flawless and a great ride. I do miss the diesel, though.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 JRZ BLK 6MT

your new 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselfreak
Skip the 2007. Pre-2009 E90s are very problematic. I had a 2008 335i for 2 years and visited the dealer 16 times. I had non-stop wheel/tire/suspension issues. The fuel injection pump was replaced 4 times. I saw a christmas tree of warnings almost every morning on this car. Luckily, during my ownership, the car was under warranty.

Skip any car with previous damage of any kind. I had a small fender-bender in my 2011 335d M-Sport that required a trunk and rear bumper replacement. It was repaired by the dealer (Century West BMW in North Hollywood, CA). They did a great job and the car looked flawless, but I could hear a new creaking sound and additional wind noise. Later, I got hit by freeway debris and the windshield was replaced. Same dealer did the work and again it looked perfect, but there was noticeable wind noise following the repair. By the way, this car was mechanically flawless. It turned it in last month end-of-lease at 27K miles. It didn't make CPO (I assume because of the body damage) and eventually showed up on Autotrader for sale at San Diego eCars. Carfax was 100% clean with no mention of the body damage or windshield replacement.

I purchased a 2011 335i M-Sport CPO. It's flawless and a great ride. I do miss the diesel, though.
What did you pay for your new 335 m sport?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 JRZ BLK 6MT

your new 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselfreak

What did you pay for your new 335 m sport?
Appreciate 0