E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Morning all..

09-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Via_MacNiven
England
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d E90

Morning all..

Well, I found the site while looking for info on remapping the ECU on my new car.

I have an '09 335d E90, got a good deal out of the showroom when sales were struggling a bit a couple of months ago. Love the car, it's the first 3 series I've owned, or driven in any serious way. Love the torque of the engine, and I think a lot of people do a double take when they realise it's a soot chucker!

We had an '06 Z4 3.0si, but that went back to BMW at the end of the PCP plan as the baloon payment was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the car was worth (65k miles, but all the toys spec). I saw her on Autotrader the other day for £17.5, which I still think is too high! But she was beautiful in dark blue with Alpina alloys mmmmmmmm I miss my little lady... If anyone here buys her (last 3 digits are AYS), let me know, I have some paperwork we forgot to give BMW, for the refresh of the paintwork and wheels done just before the car went back.. And I promise she wasn't thrashed.. often...

I don't get BMW tho.. We were happy to buy the Z4 outright, but at a price more reflective of the market (BMW had a few similar spec with 30ish k miles for around 16.5k), save them all the hastle of putting it into the trade, and them getting more than the trade value back, what did they offer us? £500 off the balloon! LOL Cest La Vie....

Not interested in the the new Z4, Had one for a full day, loved the noise the engine made, but really dissapointed with the dynamics.. but if I could transplant the 3.5 engine into the old body, now that would be fun!!

Been looking into the possibility of having the ECU remapped on the 335d, and found a long, interesting and ultimately tetchy thread.. There was a post near the end, page 10 I think, which basically summerised my questions. Should I do it, and is it worth the money? What are the implications around servicing, warranty etc....
Appreciate 0