E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > So my car is complete crap

02-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #221
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhoffm80 View Post
I could be wrong but I don't think Mclaren/Fisker would be selling a 2007 335i with 75,000 miles. Unless it was a 1 Owner car and they knew the owner. If they took it in on trade they would have immediately wholesale on a lot that had no association with the Mclaren/Fisker name or it would have been sent straight to auction which I think that's what would have been done. They sure as heck don't go out of their way to buy a car like that at auction.

Now if they did go out of way to sell a high mileage car or buy it from auction to sell it I'm sure they would have honored something within the 30 days probably up to 90 days even if you declined to buy a aftermarket warranty being its Mclaren/Fisker.

Now the only way your brakes would be covered after the 50,000 miles is if BMW's extended maintenance was purchased on the car before I believe 5yr 60k for $2,100 dollars because brakes are not covered on CPO.

Now if your car is CPO'd and the BMW dealer is worth a crap or if you know someone which you say you do they should have no problem having them covered under the CPO warranty BMW dealers do it all the time.

Last I hope Mclaren/Fisker was reputable enough to hand you a carfax/autocheck my BMW dealer did and they don't sell 100,000plus dollar cars all day long...one of these should be in your papers also the dealers good faith warranty.
This dealership website is selling some high mileage BMW's
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #222
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
On my 2nd 335i 1st one no problem beside HPFP all the way up to 110km and this one has been just as good if not better. Do your homework and properly inspect these before you buy and check records and your fine.

A corevette...... Only thing close to that I would get is a Viper atleast it looks 10x better and don't see them around every corner with some old dude driving it
You have to say old people drive corvette.. What about camaro SS they both have the same engine and can both beat your car by quite a bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #223
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarviinn View Post
I had a red c6 vert before but then I realized it wasn't for me for a few reasons.

1. I look too young for one. People would say it's your dad's car
2. Only 2 seater... I can't pick up more than one female at a time.

Sure it's fast, but it handles like shit. It can't hang with a BMW on the twisties.:)
That isn't true in the least bit anymore.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #224
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ritz View Post
You have to say old people drive corvette.. What about camaro SS they both have the same engine and can both beat your car by quite a bit.
And for less than 20k a Kawasaki ZX-14R will tear them all up Cheap hp (or stats) is not an accomplishment.

Last edited by M5Rlz; 02-10-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #225
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i1 View Post
And for less than 20k a Kawasaki ZX-14R will tear them all up Cheap hp (or stats) is not an accomplishment.
Yes because comparing a motercycle to a car is the same thing...

Yeah I think being one of the fastest cars in the world for cheap is an accomplishment. Also, the engines not exploding and being more reliable than any turbo BMW is one too.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #226
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes because comparing a motercycle to a car is the same thing...

Yeah I think being one of the fastest cars in the world for cheap is an accomplishment. Also, the engines not exploding and being more reliable than any turbo BMW is one too.
I'm not comparing motorcycles to cars... I'm comparing people who can afford 10-60k and act high and mighty about the cheap hp they have. If those cars were priced relative to the stats they put up, nobody bragging would be driving them, and on a side note plenty of people who could afford a new 335i could probably swing most of those cheap hp producing cards.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #227
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm not comparing motorcycles to cars... I'm comparing people who can afford 10-60k and act high and mighty about the cheap hp they have. If those cars were priced relative to the stats they put up, nobody bragging would be driving them, and on a side note plenty of people who could afford a new 335i could probably swing most of those cheap hp producing cards.
Why should chevy cars be more overpriced like the 335i or something?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #228
BLKSAPPE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 Sao Paulo Yellow

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhoffm80 View Post
I could be wrong but I don't think Mclaren/Fisker would be selling a 2007 335i with 75,000 miles. Unless it was a 1 Owner car and they knew the owner. If they took it in on trade they would have immediately wholesale on a lot that had no association with the Mclaren/Fisker name or it would have been sent straight to auction which I think that's what would have been done. They sure as heck don't go out of their way to buy a car like that at auction.

Now if they did go out of way to sell a high mileage car or buy it from auction to sell it I'm sure they would have honored something within the 30 days probably up to 90 days even if you declined to buy a aftermarket warranty being its Mclaren/Fisker.

Now the only way your brakes would be covered after the 50,000 miles is if BMW's extended maintenance was purchased on the car before I believe 5yr 60k for $2,100 dollars because brakes are not covered on CPO.

Now if your car is CPO'd and the BMW dealer is worth a crap or if you know someone which you say you do they should have no problem having them covered under the CPO warranty BMW dealers do it all the time.

Last I hope Mclaren/Fisker was reputable enough to hand you a carfax/autocheck my BMW dealer did and they don't sell 100,000plus dollar cars all day long...one of these should be in your papers also the dealers good faith warranty.
This dealership website is selling some high mileage BMW's
Yes I see that now went to Mcleran and shows no used cars but yea see fisker packed with high mileage garbage looks like a dealer I'd steer clear of to me there inventory says trying to make a quick buck and will screw customers over.

Most dealers with names like BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus and Infiniti are not gonna sell cars over about 50/60k miles they normally have a no name wholesale lot to keep the dealer name in good standing but guess not all dealers care.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #229
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Why should chevy cars be more overpriced like the 335i or something?
I'm not saying they should (and I was more generalizing about all brands, ford, cadi, exc.). I'm just saying drivers need not forget they paid less and should be a tad more humble when their 10[motorcycles]-70k car puts up better numbers. I had an SRT8 the other day freaking out like he won Daytona cause he cut me off. I actually was happy for him since it seemed like he needed to feel better really bad, I just hope he realizes I could have bought his car and still had enough to pick up a used 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #230
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm not saying they should (and I was more generalizing about all brands, ford, cadi, exc.). I'm just saying drivers need not forget they paid less and should be a tad more humble when their 10[motorcycles]-70k car puts up better numbers. I had an SRT8 the other day freaking out like he won Daytona cause he cut me off. I actually was happy for him since it seemed like he needed to feel better really bad, I just hope he realizes I could have bought his car and still had enough to pick up a used 335i
Why do they need to be more humble than BMW owners.. The engine in their car is one of the best in the world no doubt. Who cares what they paid for it..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #231
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Why do they need to be more humble than BMW owners.. The engine in their car is one of the best in the world no doubt. Who cares what they paid for it..
Because the BMW owner could afford the car too Its not some rare feat that only they accomplished.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #232
E92GRL
@E92GRL
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 // E92 // E39-sold

Hey guys this thread is getting , There is a chat thread to talk in... Thank you for understanding
...I'm just getting a little annoyed with all the notifications.

UPDATE(for all who wanted one): The problem with my car is being taken care of, thank you for all the concern, and on topic help with the situation.
      02-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #233
mryakanisachoad
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 550xi + '09 M5 + '10 135i

You wouldn't get so many replies/notifications if you didn't have a picture of some girl as your avatar.

Last edited by mryakanisachoad; 02-10-2013 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #234
E92GRL
@E92GRL
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 // E92 // E39-sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
You wouldn't get so many replies/notifications if you didn't have a picture of some girl as your avatar.
Lol the picture is not some girl, it's me first of all, second the replies are bc of the topic, if you look at my other threads no where near as many views.
      02-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #235
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Doubt it, its more because someone calling a BMW crap on a BMW enthusiast forum (more specifically talking about how shitty these cars are maintenance wise), just picked the right topic, and posted it in the most active general forum.

Any #2 learn how to unsubscribe from a thread if the notifications bother you.
(On top "Thread Tools" Unsubscribe)
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #236
mryakanisachoad
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by index1489 View Post
Doubt it, its more because someone calling a BMW crap on a BMW enthusiast forum (more specifically talking about how shitty these cars are maintenance wise), just picked the right topic, and posted it in the most active general forum.

Any #2 learn how to unsubscribe from a thread if the notifications bother you.
(On top "Thread Tools" Unsubscribe)
lol there are multiple hard up guys offering to do free repairs on this car. !!!

Why don't you start a thread with the same title about your BMW and let me how many free offers you get...

I'll save you the time and tell you what will happen: you'll get called a bunch names and probably get banned.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #237
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep
Drives: Diesel Son

Quote:
lol there are multiple hard up guys offering to do free repairs on this car. !!!

Why don't you start a thread with the same title about your BMW and let me how many free offers you get...

I'll save you the time and tell you what will happen: you'll get called a bunch names and probably get banned.
Yea I was thinking if a guy posted this he would get chewed up pretty bad.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #238
Sethism
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:

I wish I was cynical and jaded and childish. And drove a car that looks like pregnant cat dragging it's belly around.

Can't you go troll the 1-series forum? I'm trying to figure out why you keep coming here to dog the OP and slam anyone who is offering help, just because she's a lady.

If you don't think that other enthusiasts would help you fix your car for a few beers and some conversation, you've obviously never been in a car club.
      02-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #239
Nonecure
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:

+1

A few months ago I posted a similar thread on the X-Drive forum ranting about the thousands I spent in repairs the first month of ownership, only to get put in front of the firing squad. I did not call my car "complete crap" or rip on BMW's reliability like Nikki did, but I still got executed for it!

I partially agree with index1489. I think someone calling a BMW crap on a BMW enthusiast forum got a lot of people to read this thread, but the cute girl was not treated the same as a guy would be.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #240
mryakanisachoad
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethism View Post
I wish I was cynical and jaded and childish. And drove a car that looks like pregnant cat dragging it's belly around.

Can't you go troll the 1-series forum? I'm trying to figure out why you keep coming here to dog the OP and slam anyone who is offering help, just because she's a lady.

If you don't think that other enthusiasts would help you fix your car for a few beers and some conversation, you've obviously never been in a car club.
Why don't you come to my house and wash my M5 for me? I'll give you a beer.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #241
mryakanisachoad
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonecure View Post
+1

A few months ago I posted a similar thread on the X-Drive forum ranting about the thousands I spent in repairs the first month of ownership, only to get put in front of the firing squad. I did not call my car "complete crap" or rip on BMW's reliability like Nikki did, but I still got executed for it!

I partially agree with index1489. I think someone calling a BMW crap on a BMW enthusiast forum got a lot of people to read this thread, but the cute girl was not treated the same as a guy would be.
lol of course. Let me ask you a question - did you have some guy named "seth ism" (the nerd who just called me childish and made fun of my wife's car) offer to do free repairs for your car?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #242
Sethism
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Why don't you come to my house and wash my M5 for me? I'll give you a beer.
As snotty and bratty as you are? No thanks. You act like a spoiled child at every post you disagree with. Not to mention your user name that calls a moderator on another forum a chode. No wonder nobody ever offered to help you out with the cars. Now go over to the M5 forum and let it go. You haven't contributed anything helpful to this forum, for sure.

To OP and others who are interested in getting free/almost free labor, join the local chapter of the BMW Car Club of America. Membership is cheap, you'll meet people who will help you when you've got problems, get access to tech days and track days, and be part of a supportive community of fellow enthusiasts. And, you get a free subscription to Roundel, a monthly BMW enthusiast magazine.

Last edited by Sethism; 02-11-2013 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0