E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > (2009 128i convertible e88) Rdc tpms error issue

03-27-2023, 06:49 PM   #1
lvfb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i cabrio

(2009 128i convertible e88) Rdc tpms error issue

after a very big rain on the west coast i got an error that said my tire pressure sensor was inactive.

after searching the internet and everyone with similar problems suggesting it was the rdc i went diggging and found it (next to the hyrdo pump for the top on the passenger side rear in trunk) covered in water. I took it out dried it and use mineral water to clean it, let it dry and tried it again with no luck.

I went to junk yard and pulled one from a 5 series 09 and tried it and ista+ sees it but i get the error that says all four sensors are not responsive (i assume because the e88 only wants its exact one and isnt as flexible as the e90?)

I ordered one from ebay and the fuck face sends me one from a 7 series.

I am gonna try to order again the exact one ( 6 785 279-01) and see if that works

I tried to use NCS Expert to SG_reset but even though it said "job complete" after hitting execute it did nothing (which i assume was cause the gentleman listed above sent the 7 series module 6 785 800-01)

I was trying to code it out but couldnt find one for the version of ncs expert i have (doctor deans is an older version and i cant find what he clicks on half way through the video)

Does anyone have any ideas on what else could be going on?

thank you. i love you (kissy face)
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 10:40 PM   #2
lvfb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i cabrio

Thank you guys for the info. So i replaced the rdc (white square module next to the hydro pump for the top in the rear) and ista told me it can talk to the module (went from red in my tech tree to yellow) and i go from the error saying no communication to all four tire sensors are not responding. i have swapped many parts on my e88 (usually from another e88) and not had to code them. I currently have an rdc from a 2011 135i in my car. It went green and said tires were good then went to tpms malfunction. I might have to code it out if i cant figure it out but would like to fix the problem if possible

weird update: i pulled my tpms sensor off and sprayed it with electronics mineral oil fluid and it reads it and shows all tires are good, however when i drive about 10th of a mile it goes back to the malfunction light. after i power cycle the car its off and when i scan with ista i get the 4 sensor errors mentioned before and a 5th error about the antenna (i assume the tmps sensor)

could the problem now be that module as well? maybe when the rdc got wet it shorted out that too?
Appreciate 0