E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Wash n go

07-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
BigMansWagon
Private
Rep
Drives: 323i MSport, 428i, SLK 250

Wash n go

I must say that cars in HK look immaculate!

At the end of an evening at a posh restaurant.
Diners waited inline for their cars to be driven to them.

Each car that arrived before me for their waiting owners was nothing short of showroom gloss standard. The spot lights on the porch combined with the cars xenons, bling bling wheels and ultra deep wet detailing redefined what a mirror should look like.

Then mine arrived...I was pretty ashamed when the spot lights revealed how grotty mine was. Even the waiting diners fainted in aghast! My date went missing and it was all going so well!

I've not washed it since I've got it and it doesn't help that where I'm staying they won't allow me to hose down or throw buckets of water over it like you do outside of HK.

So where in the New Territories can I just arrive and get the car clean for a reasonable price?

Cheers!
BMW
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
Harriz.c
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 // F07 5GT // X5 G05 //

Garage List
2012 BMW m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMansWagon

Each car that arrived before me for their waiting owners was nothing short of showroom gloss standard. The spot lights on the porch combined with the cars xenons, bling bling wheels and ultra deep wet detailing redefined what a mirror should look like.

Then mine arrived...I was pretty ashamed when the spot lights revealed how grotty mine was. Even the waiting diners fainted in aghast! My date went missing and it was all going so well!

I've not washed it since I've got it and it doesn't help that where I'm staying they won't allow me to hose down or throw buckets of water over it like you do outside of HK.

So where in the New Territories can I just arrive and get the car clean for a reasonable price?

Cheers!
BMW
Gold Coast... 50 bucks quite ok
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

don't goto the guys at wilson wash and wax. I had previously purchased one of their bundles out of empathy for the sales person. Recently i was nearing the expiry date and he used the same schtick on me again. I told him no because i was never really satisfied with their work. Came back the car wasn't washed very well, had dirt stains on the lower skirts. My chair was put into the most forward position, passenger seat was put into the most back position and my mirrors were fucked around with. Bunch of douche bags. Also it seemed like my car had a few minor scratch marks that i don't know if it came from rocks (which it would be too tidy) or from menacing low paid workers and because i had signed his little disclaimer stating car had "imperfections" i can't do shit about it either. I live in the New Territories too but i either goto cars in TST or i bring it to Carsland in north point.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
NuBeetle
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 323iA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMansWagon View Post

Cheers!
BMW
Hi! Which part of New Territories are you living in? Castle Peak Road? Tsuen Wan, Sham Tseng, Shatin, Tung Chung!? Let us know which area is convenient to you, then we can give you some suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
BigMansWagon
Private
Rep

In Shatin :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
NuBeetle
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMansWagon View Post
In Shatin :-)
I'm from Tsuen Wan and work in Kwai Fong, not so sure about Shatin.
But I saw few car beauty shops in Tai Wai charged from $70 to $80 for a shampoo wash.
http://goo.gl/maps/aq71K
http://goo.gl/maps/Wnkgw
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 03:50 AM   #7
BigMansWagon
Private
Rep

Thanks! I went for an 80hkd wash...took 30 mins...but I spent another two hours washing the insides of the rims and adding more wax
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
NuBeetle
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Yea, for interior cleaning and wheels cleaning, it's better handle by ourself... :P
Appreciate 0