E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BMW P Suspension...good buy?

01-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #23
Dino355
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 SB BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Hey - dont 'read the thread' me bud - you edited your post after I quoted it!

Anyway, at least we all agree - no springs included, so the OP's Ebay link probably doesn't include springs either, so its not such a good deal.
I edited it BEFORE you replied

But yes agreed, it's not such a good deal. BMW Direct should be more specific on their eBay listings
      01-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #24
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino355 View Post
I edited it BEFORE you replied

But yes agreed, it's not such a good deal. BMW Direct should be more specific on their eBay listings
Gotcha - my quoted text (19) from your post (18) is from before you edited it!

Most parts 'operatives' don't know themselves, I spent several visits to my dealers in 09 trying to show them how to use their own parts computer, I ended up on the other side of counter looking for the springs part number section which none of them new existed!!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #25
Dino355
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 SB BMW M2 Competition

Quote:

Most parts 'operatives' don't know themselves, I spent several visits to my dealers in 09 trying to show them how to use their own parts computer, I ended up on the other side of counter looking for the springs part number section which none of them new existed!!
That's because I edited it again But hey if you want the last word again go for it

My parts guy does know his stuff, I'd just assumed as a 'kit' it would have the springs included!
      01-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #26
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:

Sometimes, when I say to those tyre fitters, "the guys on the BMW forum said that its ok" ...they look at me funny and say, "ohh you know, these people don't understand how things work, you can't put normal tyres on, as the suspension and chassis hasn't been designed for normal tyres".....
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #27
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post

Sometimes, when I say to those tyre fitters, "the guys on the BMW forum said that its ok" ...they look at me funny and say, "ohh you know, these people don't understand how things work, you can't put normal tyres on, as the suspension and chassis hasn't been designed for normal tyres".....
LOL.

I took my track adjusted S2000 to the local once for an aligment check after an 'off'
They tried to convince me that Chris Franklin at Centre Gravity (who set my car up) had it all wrong.
And when they tried explaining to me (wrongly) how camber worked and why the tyre wear was odd, I couldnt contain my laughter and had to leave.

01-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #28
YvesD
Lamininist
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
They tried to convince me that Chris Franklin at Centre Gravity (who set my car up) had it all wrong.
Very foolish indeed.....
Appreciate 0