E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > HorsepowerFreaks HPF out of business?!?!?!?!

05-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #67
Desert-storm90
Rep
Drives: Skyline, E90xi

oil cooler

are their any discounts on their product? I'll be interested in their light weight performace batteries and the HPF OIL COOLER.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #68
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

This is horrible news

Mike
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #69
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
Thanks man, I just want this over. My wife... omg... Im fucked.
I'm so sorry to hear about this situation man, like others I'd be happy to help pitch in for shipping the car back to you when the time comes. Hopefully Shiv can accommodate your car in the short term, there's tons of CA guys on the forum so I bet you'll find the help you need and deserve. It's a real shame this happened to HPF, and a bigger shame that they never seemed to take a serious look into the exceptional motors BMW has made since the E46 days. Property/asset theft is so disgusting...

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #70
AYF80
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about this situation man, like others I'd be happy to help pitch in for shipping the car back to you when the time comes. Hopefully Shiv can accommodate your car in the short term, there's tons of CA guys on the forum so I bet you'll find the help you need and deserve. It's a real shame this happened to HPF, and a bigger shame that they never seemed to take a serious look into the exceptional motors BMW has made since the E46 days. Property/asset theft is so disgusting...
How would you suggest going about asking and or receiving help?

I wish i had someone who could go pick up my car and take it to shiv...

Wedge?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #71
pwr hungry
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:

Wedge?
Totally feeling your pain right now! They don't have my car or as much money as they got of yours, but they owe me $2700 or my intercooler and exhaust I ordered from them back on April 11th!!!

Any chance you could pm me Chris's number, cuz I am having ZERO luck with getting a hold of anyone over there
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #72
AYF80
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr hungry View Post
Totally feeling your pain right now! They don't have my car or as much money as they got of yours, but they owe me $2700 or my intercooler and exhaust I ordered from them back on April 11th!!!

Any chance you could pm me Chris's number, cuz I am having ZERO luck with getting a hold of anyone over there
Im looking for it right now myself. Im calling the shop as well....
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #73
pwr hungry
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Im looking for it right now myself. Im calling the shop as well....
It just pisses me off because they shouldn't have taken my order if they couldn't fill it! I also just spoke to them last week to get the cinco de mayo 10% discount on my order since it hadn't shipped. They said sure and it still hasn't hit my account either!!! Totally feel like I was taken advantage of by a knowing party right now....which if that's the case, then that makes them no better than the thief that stole from them.

I can't even imagine how much you're freaking out right now. There is a guy on e46fanatics who just had a stage 3 car built and it's finished minus unlocking the aem controller and tuning!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #74
pentaxis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i

Quote:

Wedge?
I'm in Portland. Wedge might be able to temporarily snag it while shipping gets sorted. I'll shoot him a txt.

-Paul
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #75
foghat
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
It just pisses me off because they shouldn't have taken my order if they couldn't fill it! I also just spoke to them last week to get the cinco de mayo 10% discount on my order since it hadn't shipped. They said sure and it still hasn't hit my account either!!! Totally feel like I was taken advantage of by a knowing party right now....which if that's the case, then that makes them no better than the thief that stole from them.

I can't even imagine how much you're freaking out right now. There is a guy on e46fanatics who just had a stage 3 car built and it's finished minus unlocking the aem controller and tuning!!!
Read the thread in the link posted on page 1. Apparently the staff had no idea about this (going out of business) until yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #76
AYF80
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentaxis View Post
I'm in Portland. Wedge might be able to temporarily snag it while shipping gets sorted. I'll shoot him a txt.

-Paul

SICK! Thanks for getting in the fight with me. It might be a long drive though unless you have a trailer? it runs but not so good. And im not sure how long it should be driven in the current condition.

I want it to get looked at with the current issues you know? But id rather it be in his hands right now so.

Ill be right here standing by.... all night.....

Trying to call Shiv's office right now, no one is in yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #77
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:

If you paid by credit card or paypal get on the phone and block the charge. There are all kinds of protection against fraud available, it is part of the fees they charge. My Visa card for example, someone does not ship or misrepresents, I can block it and I do not have to pay and merchant does not get paid until issue is revolved one way or another. If they merchant was acting in bad faith I do not pay ever.

edit: you can at least flag it so if it does show up you're good but if it doesn't you are covered.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #78
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
+1
I'd be happy to pitch in a few bucks myself. HPF has known this day was coming for a LONG time and the fact they just kept screwing you makes me sick.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #79
pwr hungry
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Read the thread in the link posted on page 1. Apparently the staff had no idea about this (going out of business) until yesterday.
Yeah, I don't buy that no one knew things were on the cusp of sinking. I've worked for a small company before where it almost went under and we knew it. Not to mention the owner made us aware so we were able to make arrangments if need be. That's what a good business owner does.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #80
pwr hungry
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
If you paid by credit card or paypal get on the phone and block the charge. There are all kinds of protection against fraud available, it is part of the fees they charge. My Visa card for example, someone does not ship or misrepresents, I can block it and I do not have to pay and merchant does not get paid until issue is revolved one way or another. If they merchant was acting in bad faith I do not pay ever.

edit: you can at least flag it so if it does show up you're good but if it doesn't you are covered.
I'm going to try if I can't get a hold of them. The order was placed April 11th though. The charge has already posted to my account, billing cycle ended and I paid my card balance. I'm not sure I will have any luck, but it is my next option to look at.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #81
mpower3o2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 AP M3

HPF 335i #1,

I'm in the Portland area as well. If you need anything sorted, please don't hesitate to PM me. I'll help to my abilities.

I also have some contacts in the auto shipping business, if need be.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #82
foghat
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Yeah, I don't buy that no one knew things were on the cusp of sinking. I've worked for a small company before where it almost went under and we knew it. Not to mention the owner made us aware so we were able to make arrangments if need be. That's what a good business owner does.
Ya. I have no idea. Sounds like everyone (owner, the investor guy) was expecting the lawsuit to go their way. How he didn't plan for the possibility of not winning, I don't get.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #83
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm going to try if I can't get a hold of them. The order was placed April 11th though. The charge has already posted to my account, billing cycle ended and I paid my card balance. I'm not sure I will have any luck, but it is my next option to look at.
You have 60 days to protest a charge (my card does) so I'd also try flag it just in case. All it means is they investigate the charge, and if it is clear you never received anything they don;t make you pay. You'll get a credit on your card eventually.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #84
pwr hungry
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
You have 60 days to protest a charge (my card does) so I'd also try flag it just in case. All it means is they investigate the charge, and if it is clear you never received anything they don;t make you pay. You'll get a credit on your card eventually.
Thanks! That would be amazing if it works that way for me....eventhough I really just want the damn parts! lol
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #85
pentaxis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i

Quote:
SICK! Thanks for getting in the fight with me. It might be a long drive though unless you have a trailer? it runs but not so good. And im not sure how long it should be driven in the current condition.

I want it to get looked at with the current issues you know? But id rather it be in his hands right now so.

Ill be right here standing by.... all night.....

Trying to call Shiv's office right now, no one is in yet.

Wedge said he can pick it up for you. I will PM his number to you. He said to call him to figure out logistics.

-P
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #86
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! That would be amazing if it works that way for me....eventhough I really just want the damn parts! lol
They really do not want to send money to a business that does not exist anymore, so if you tell them what is going on they will shut down any further payments to them as well.

I was really surprised when they told me how they work, you actually do get something for all those fees they charge. And believe me you do not want to be a business that pisses off a credit card company.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #87
pwr hungry
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida
Quote:
They really do not want to send money to a business that does not exist anymore, so if you tell them what is going on they will shut down any further payments to them as well.

I was really surprised when they told me how they work, you actually do get something for all those fees they charge. And believe me you do not want to be a business that pisses off a credit card company.
Just got of the phone with cc company and will be getting my mone back! Thank god!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #88
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Just got of the phone with cc company and will be getting my mone back! Thank god!
Sweet!!!! That is great.
Appreciate 0