E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > anyone ever go to waterworks touchless car wash in jc? or recommend another car wash

11-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
lul77
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92

anyone ever go to waterworks touchless car wash in jc? or recommend another car wash

its getting cold and i'm gettin too lazy to wash my car so i need to find a place to start taking her to get washed.

http://www.waterworksjc.com/

available for photoshoots in NJ/NY area. click links for ::samples:. http://lul77.zenfolio.com/
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
KlubHoppER
Major
Brazil
Rep
Drives: Either in 2010 or 2011 :)!

i go to this hand car wash place in newark , i only pay 7 dollars... and vacummed too
lol madd cheap , and its very good ..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

Touchless washes are good because they don't cause any swirling/scratches or damage, but the problem is they use strong chemicals that will end up stripping any protection you do have on the paint over time. Pick up a CR spotless system, and just give your car a rinse when you don't have time to wash it, but with it washing is so easy that it will probably take you 30 minutes at most.
      11-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
KlubHoppER
Major
Brazil
Rep
Drives: Either in 2010 or 2011 :)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i View Post
Touchless washes are good because they don't cause any swirling/scratches or damage, but the problem is they use strong chemicals that will end up stripping any protection you do have on the paint over time. Pick up a CR spotless system, and just give your car a rinse when you don't have time to wash it, but with it washing is so easy that it will probably take you 30 minutes at most.
Yea id love to do that but , the thing is i live in a building and we don't have a hose... soo it would be impossible to do that...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
lul77
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Quote:

ouch... its $300-$350 i don't even have a buffer yet. seriously expensive alternative to the $12 hand wash i got earlier at edgewater.... but they didn't have mf towels to dry the car and i'll prob end up clay barring tomorrow

available for photoshoots in NJ/NY area. click links for ::samples:. http://lul77.zenfolio.com/
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #6
328i
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlubHoppER View Post
Yea id love to do that but , the thing is i live in a building and we don't have a hose... soo it would be impossible to do that...
ONR is your friend, easiest way to wash your car, all you need is a bucket full of water. No hose or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lul77 View Post
ouch... its $300-$350 i don't even have a buffer yet. seriously expensive alternative to the $12 hand wash i got earlier at edgewater.... but they didn't have mf towels to dry the car and i'll prob end up clay barring tomorrow
The best deal is actually the one from costco, since it's the larger size and comes with free shipping, extra resin refills, and a hose. But it's still pricey. Do you have a garage? With ONR you can wash your car right in your garage. Use a bucket of hot water and you don't really get cold. A heater helps but it's not necessary.
      11-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
lul77
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
ONR is your friend, easiest way to wash your car, all you need is a bucket full of water. No hose or anything.

The best deal is actually the one from costco, since it's the larger size and comes with free shipping, extra resin refills, and a hose. But it's still pricey. Do you have a garage? With ONR you can wash your car right in your garage. Use a bucket of hot water and you don't really get cold. A heater helps but it's not necessary.
thanx for the idea of ONR. but sadly no garage, just a driveway. idk how i'll wash the car in the winter so thats the main reason why i'm looking for a good carwash. maybe i can try the ONR thing till the weather hits consistent 40s and it gets too cold for me

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #8
328i
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lul77 View Post
thanx for the idea of ONR. but sadly no garage, just a driveway. idk how i'll wash the car in the winter so thats the main reason why i'm looking for a good carwash. maybe i can try the ONR thing till the weather hits consistent 40s and it gets too cold for me
Get a pair of those long ass rubber gloves and man up. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about using ONR or would like some tips.
      11-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #9
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

haha I've washed my car in the freezing cold...lol, I didn't have to dry the car, cuz the water just froze
Appreciate 0