E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > JBS2 0-60 4.0, JBS2R 0-60 3.8, VBOX Recorded

Closed Thread

01-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #89
Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
Comparing different drag strips from across the country can give just as confusing information.
Of course. Elevations and traction can vary wildly. I'll still give more credibility to numbers recorded at a 1/4 mile track (which can at least be altitude adjusted) than john doe with a gtech running on whatever long stretch of road is closest to his house.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 02:57 AM   #90
musc
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
Of course. Elevations and traction can vary wildly. I'll still give more credibility to numbers recorded at a 1/4 mile track (which can at least be altitude adjusted) than john doe with a gtech running on whatever long stretch of road is closest to his house.
How do you plan on recording 0-130 at a 1/4 track? Plan on getting a running start from the press box? lol. Seriously though, unless these cars start trapping 130 in the 1/4, its going to have to be done on a flat stretch of road with an accelerometer.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 04:42 AM   #91
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
0-130mph in 14.7 seconds? That's faster than a new Mercedes AMG C63. Not realistic at all. The gtech may be useful for comparing relative gains, but those numbers are way optimistic. Furthermore, putting a gtech on a different car, in a different part of the country and comparing against your results is one step away from bench racing. Way too many variables to make a meaningful comparison.
Yeah. B.S. numbers from yet another JB user. Get those numbers at a track and then come back here. Shiv got a 1/4 mile in less than 12 sec. Catdog, can you beat that? Can any JB user beat that? You guys are a trip. All bark and no bite at all.
      01-06-2008, 04:59 AM   #92
musc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Yeah. B.S. numbers from yet another JB user. Get those numbers at a track and then come back here. Shiv got a 1/4 mile in less than 12 sec. Catdog, can you beat that? Can any JB user beat that? You guys are a trip. All bark and no bite at all.
When did Shiv run quicker than 12s? Dragtimes shows a 12.2x and that was with a 'tweaked' set up that the average V2.0.2 doesn't have. I am sure with DPs he will be in the 11s, but I haven't seen him post anything yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 05:39 AM   #93
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3 View Post
When did Shiv run quicker than 12s? Dragtimes shows a 12.2x and that was with a 'tweaked' set up that the average V2.0.2 doesn't have. I am sure with DPs he will be in the 11s, but I haven't seen him post anything yet.
Oh you know what, you're right. I was thinking about VIP. Thats on me, my bad. Just woke up.

As for as the tweaked setup comment, well he's always coming out with maps, so its only a matter of time.
      01-06-2008, 05:58 AM   #94
musc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Oh you know what, you're right. I was thinking about VIP. Thats on me, my bad. Just woke up.

As for as the tweaked setup comment, well he's always coming out with maps, so its only a matter of time.
No prob. I am sure V2s will make it with DPs. 12.20s without DPs is pretty good.

He did mention that it was more than V2.0.2 map and race gas he was using when he ran. Something about an extra wire or something would be needed? Probably some beta feature they are testing. You have a V2 already, so maybe you already know about that addition. He mentioned it here.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=12
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 06:46 AM   #95
catdog
Banned
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997S

Quote:
0-130mph in 14.7 seconds? That's faster than a new Mercedes AMG C63. Not realistic at all. The gtech may be useful for comparing relative gains, but those numbers are way optimistic. Furthermore, putting a gtech on a different car, in a different part of the country and comparing against your results is one step away from bench racing. Way too many variables to make a meaningful comparison.
Are you for fucking real?
I have put up data from the same car on the same stretch of deserted road using the same technique (there is a sight uphill actually) and using the different setups and even my 997S. Why in the fuck would i be making this up and how the fuck do you think i would go about faking this shit and how the fuck do you think i am now able to reach 130 mph where i could not before. Have you see the fucking curve on the runs and the three separate runs?
Unfucking believeable....seriously get your head out of your ass and smell the roses. This is real, no bullshit
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 06:48 AM   #96
catdog
Banned
Rep

Quote:
ArmyBimmerDude, your reaction is similar to that of a taliban being watched by a UAV about to lauch a hellfire missile up their ass: you have no fucking clue...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #97
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog View Post
ArmyBimmerDude, your reaction is similar to that of a taliban being watched by a UAV about to lauch a hellfire missile up their ass: you have no fucking clue...
Wow, great comparison

You're funny. Just like the numbers you posted in the other thread. Go to a track and get them, otherwise do what you said you would and go away.

Wait! Before you go, can you come up with a more witty response than the one above? I almost, ALMOST laughed. Best I could do was smile.
      01-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #98
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No prob. I am sure V2s will make it with DPs. 12.20s without DPs is pretty good.

He did mention that it was more than V2.0.2 map and race gas he was using when he ran. Something about an extra wire or something would be needed? Probably some beta feature they are testing. You have a V2 already, so maybe you already know about that addition. He mentioned it here.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=12
God, I need to get with the program and dyno/track my car. No idea what power its putting down. I'll do that this week I hope.

Honestly, I have v2 in a drawer in my kitchen right now. I'll put it in hopefully this week as well. Lifes crazy right now.
      01-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #99
catdog
Banned
Rep

Quote:
God, I need to get with the program and dyno/track my car. No idea what power its putting down. I'll do that this week I hope.

Honestly, I have v2 in a drawer in my kitchen right now. I'll put it in hopefully this week as well. Lifes crazy right now.
Yes you do buddy; looking at your mod list i can tell you're one of those big on show and light on go, kinda like better to look good than to feel good; i am on the other end of the spectrum. Why don't you take all of that pretend-M3 crap you have on your car, slap on the v2 and generate some numbers.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 08:40 AM   #100
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes you do buddy; looking at your mod list i can tell you're one of those big on show and light on go, kinda like better to look good than to feel good; i am on the other end of the spectrum. Why don't you take all of that pretend-M3 crap you have on your car, slap on the v2 and generate some numbers.
Wow so much hate! I'm loving it! Keep it coming. Please, tell me what I have on my car thats pretend-M3 crap. What, the quads? Let me know, because I really care what you think. lol

By the way, I got my V2 right before xmas, so I never got around to putting it on. I dont need to make my e-dick bigger by posting inaccurate numbers from my laptop. I prefer the real thing. You know, track times and dynos. Maybe you should look into that. Keep up the good work though!
      01-06-2008, 08:51 AM   #101
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Actually its quite remarkable how many of us with the Gtechs are turning in almost exactly the same numbers on the stock vehicles. (Good reference point). I have backed up my numbers with not only the VBox, but drag strip printouts. Cat dogs performance is sensational if true. To turn 115mph means he would have to be making about 100hp more than stock! I too would normally dismiss this, but then again, his Carrera S numbers were right on the money, and he was able to back up his numbers repeatedly. Catdog, just make sure you make the initial 0-60 (or 0-40,etc) calibration run. But yes when you can get to a track, get a printout for those nice numbers. Maybe with the great launch, the XI has some unusual advantage? And to do this on all season tires! Actually my General Exclaims are M&S rated, and I know I can turn 12.60 on them (34psi) with a 2.0x 60' time.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #102
Garissimo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Are you for fucking real?
You're posting 1/4 mile and 0-130mph numbers for a 335xi w/JB that are sheer fantasy and you're asking me this? Amigo, the 335xi weighs more, has more drag, and more drivetrain loss than the 335i. You aren't going to be getting to 130mph faster than an MB C63 or new LS3 Vette, which is what your results imply.

Quote:
I have put up data from the same car on the same stretch of deserted road using the same technique (there is a sight uphill actually) and using the different setups and even my 997S. Why in the fuck would i be making this up and
It's wonderful that you've devised your own procedure and I never accused you of "making things up". I'm saying the numbers your gtech spits out are not accurate. They may be repeatable, but they are not accurate.

Quote:
how the fuck do you think i would go about faking this shit and how the fuck do you think i am now able to reach 130 mph where i could not before. Have you see the fucking curve on the runs and the three separate runs?
Unfucking believeable....seriously get your head out of your ass and smell the roses. This is real, no bullshit
When you're done with your little f-bomb tirade, feel free to tell me what "real" timing mechanism your gtech is verified against.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #103
Garissimo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
How do you plan on recording 0-130 at a 1/4 track?
I don't. Racing to a given speed is a little weird to begin with. Car A can beat Car B to a given speed and still be behind Car B, so I'm not sure how meaningful it is.

Quote:
Plan on getting a running start from the press box? lol. Seriously though, unless these cars start trapping 130 in the 1/4, its going to have to be done on a flat stretch of road with an accelerometer.
You'd need both cars on that same stretch of road, at the same time, using the same timing gear and the exact same launch procedure for that test to be meaningful. These conditions clearly do not exist in the challenge 'catdog' made to Shiv.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #104
Lane
Several N54 cars, V1,3, V2.0.2, and V3.1
Rep
Drives: N54s

Garissimo, You are mistaken. He does not have the ordinary JB2. It is an upgraded version with H and R.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #105
Garissimo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
Garissimo, You are mistaken. He does not have the ordinary JB2. It is an upgraded version with H and R.
Be that as it may, if you honestly believe a 335xi with a juice box tuned for 96 octane and no other mods is going to trap 115mph in the quarter mile and outrun a new MB C63, E92 M3, and LS3 Corvette to 130mph, I have some real estate on the moon to sell you. His Gtech times are off. It's as simple as that.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #106
Lane
Several N54 cars, V1,3, V2.0.2, and V3.1
Rep
Drives: N54s

Quote:
Be that as it may, if you honestly believe a 335xi with a juice box tuned for 96 octane and no other mods is going to trap 115mph in the quarter mile and outrun a new MB C63, E92 M3, and LS3 Corvette to 130mph, I have some real estate on the moon to sell you. His Gtech times are off. It's as simple as that.
It would be more constructive to back up your claims with some data.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #107
Garissimo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
It would be more constructive to back up your claims with some data.
AMG C63
12.3@116mph
0-130mph 15.7 sec

LS3 Corvette, 6MT
12.4@116mph
0-130mph 15.5 sec

E92 M3
12.8@113mph
0-130mph 16.8 sec

All times from C&D.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #108