E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Two Codes: 2F0D and 2F6C

11-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Two Codes: 2F0D and 2F6C

EDIT: Check the next post!

As title says, im getting these two codes:

2F0D and 2F6C

Not sure what they are, and i get them every time i start the car. Eventually after a few minutes the 2F6C goes away, but the 2F0D remains. I looked on Shiv's excel spreadsheet for the codes and couldnt find them.

Any help? Thanks!

Car: 2007 335i 6MT
37K miles
Procede Rev2.5
9-10 Aggressive Maps- Stage 1

Thanks,
Eric
      11-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Ooops, i posted too soon!

I did some more researching and found this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=2f0d

Quote:
2f6c Exhaust fumeflap, input signal
2f0d Radiator blind, input signal, (GLF)
I understand the 2F6C because i unplugged the cable in the trunk for the golf-tee mod. What does the 2f0d mean???
      11-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

-2F6C is just the exhaust flapper. Did you unplug the actuator in the trunk to do the "exhaust mod?" If so at any point that's the code. Nothing to worry about.

-2F0D has something to do with the coolant system if I can remember. Did you ever have your water pump/thermostat replaced? Or coolant low light?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
-2F6C is just the exhaust flapper. Did you unplug the actuator in the trunk to do the "exhaust mod?" If so at any point that's the code. Nothing to worry about.

-2F0D has something to do with the coolant system if I can remember. Did you ever have your water pump/thermostat replaced? Or coolant low light?
Sweet, thanks.

As far as 2F0D, im not the original owner, so im not terribly sure Ive had the car for over a year, though, and never got a water pump/thermostat replacement or coolant low warning.
      11-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
fastloop
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Correct, but worth plugging it back in again if you are chasing codes. Running with the actuator plug unplugged will overwrite any of the 10 code history in no time. All good if that's what you need before a dealer visit , but a pain if you can't pull over immediately to check the code. Typically any codes raised would be overwritten within 10-15miles if this is unplugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric335 View Post
Sweet, thanks.

As far as 2F0D, im not the original owner, so im not terribly sure Ive had the car for over a year, though, and never got a water pump/thermostat replacement or coolant low warning.
From searching on the code there seems to be a number of vague suggestions to anything from water pump, thermostat to a software version issue.

Does the 2F0D code always happen when you start the car or intermittently? From looking at other reports on this the freeze frame does indicate some kind of flap, but AFAIK the radiator doesn't have any flaps? Is you car an Efficient Dynamics (ED) model and if so does the 335 ED have flaps on the front vent/grille like on some of the never models? That's the only flaps I can think of in relation to the radiator.

Does the radiator fan come on when the engine is up to temp?

Is the freeze frame data always the same percentage?
e.g.
pulse-duty factor vent flap 30.08 %

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234745

If you are looking to dealer it for the HPFP then it's worth getting them to have a look at this as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rocks View Post
Correct, but worth plugging it back in again if you are chasing codes. Running with the actuator plug unplugged will overwrite any of the 10 code history in no time. All good if that's what you need before a dealer visit , but a pain if you can't pull over immediately to check the code. Typically any codes raised would be overwritten within 10-15miles if this is unplugged.
Thanks for the reply! Is there a way to keep the exhaust flap open with the actuator plug plugged in?

Quote:
From searching on the code there seems to be a number of vague suggestions to anything from water pump, thermostat to a software version issue.

Does the 2F0D code always happen when you start the car or intermittently?
The last 3 or 4 times ive datalogged my start-up, it has always happened.

Quote:
From looking at other reports on this the freeze frame does indicate some kind of flap, but AFAIK the radiator doesn't have any flaps? Is you car an Efficient Dynamics (ED) model and if so does the 335 ED have flaps on the front vent/grille like on some of the never models? That's the only flaps I can think of in relation to the radiator.
I do not have the ED model.

Quote:

Does the radiator fan come on when the engine is up to temp?
I do not think it does....? Or at least i do not notice it. I might record one of my cold-starts and post it up for ya.

Quote:

Is the freeze frame data always the same percentage?
e.g.
pulse-duty factor vent flap 30.08 %

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234745

If you are looking to dealer it for the HPFP then it's worth getting them to have a look at this as well.
Im not sure how to check the pulse-duty actuator flap. I got the code from the DME Code datalog channel. Im very new to the Procede and tuning as a whole

As far as the HPFP, could this be related to it?
      11-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Eric, I have my exhaust flapper vacuum line zip-tied. Does the job without relying on a tune or the plug.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
fastloop
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Is there a way to keep the exhaust flap open with the actuator plug plugged in?
Yeah, do the hardware equivalent.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ator+resonator
Unplugging the actuator and going for a drive is a good way to flush the error code history. I.e. clearing the codes using a BT cable or through the PROcede only clears the current codes, not the history. So the dealer may still be able to pickup tuner codes (if any are logged) if this has not been cleared.

Quote:
The last 3 or 4 times ive datalogged my start-up, it has always happened.

I do not think it does....? Or at least i do not notice it. I might record one of my cold-starts and post it up for ya.
You could try to reset the codes and verify that the code is gone. Start and stop the car and then re-check if the code came back?

Easiest way to check if the fan is working, is to get the car up to temp and then park up with the engine running. Wait 1-2 min, pop the hood and check if the fan is running. It may come on and off.

Quote:
Im not sure how to check the pulse-duty actuator flap. I got the code from the DME Code datalog channel. Im very new to the Procede and tuning as a whole

As far as the HPFP, could this be related to it?
Ah forgot that you're reading the codes using the PROcede. The extra info about the "pulse-duty actuator flap" is from using a BT tool. It still doesn't give you much more info and INPA may actually be better here. I had good experience getting more detail from INPA as it's able to parse a lot more codes and get sub codes with descriptions. Only issue is that the descriptions generally are in German. So it's still a long shot if it will get you any closer, so you may be better off getting the dealer to look at it unless you know anyone with an INPA cable.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rocks View Post
Yeah, do the hardware equivalent.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ator+resonator
Unplugging the actuator and going for a drive is a good way to flush the error code history. I.e. clearing the codes using a BT cable or through the PROcede only clears the current codes, not the history. So the dealer may still be able to pickup tuner codes (if any are logged) if this has not been cleared.

You could try to reset the codes and verify that the code is gone. Start and stop the car and then re-check if the code came back?

Easiest way to check if the fan is working, is to get the car up to temp and then park up with the engine running. Wait 1-2 min, pop the hood and check if the fan is running. It may come on and off.

Ah forgot that you're reading the codes using the PROcede. The extra info about the "pulse-duty actuator flap" is from using a BT tool. It still doesn't give you much more info and INPA may actually be better here. I had good experience getting more detail from INPA as it's able to parse a lot more codes and get sub codes with descriptions. Only issue is that the descriptions generally are in German. So it's still a long shot if it will get you any closer, so you may be better off getting the dealer to look at it unless you know anyone with an INPA cable.
Thanks for all the updates! Yes, the radiator fan is running when the engine is hot (i was at like 240-250*F and the fan's were running when i parked and popped the hood). Ill check the CAN DME codes in a little bit, write them down, reset, then turn the car back on and see what happens.

Seems like a lot of people have this code, and nobody knows what it is . Ive read some people get their firmware updated at the dealership and it eliminates the code? Guess thats my only option left...
      01-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #10
bmwhitman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2F0D radiator blind fault

I had my waterpump and thermostat replaced a few years ago. I noticed I got the 2F0D radiator blind fault. I've tried clearing but it comes back. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Appreciate 1