E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i with muffler delete and black 4" tips

06-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #67
JamesNM
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarronbwall
That's called the golf tee mod. Grab a golf tee, jam it into the hose, and tuck it up by the bumper.
I'm fabricating a similar setup but instead of deleting I'm replacing them with Dyno Max race mufflers and tips.
Not a bad idea, I just looked into it but can't find any videos of it on the 335. I would be willing to do the same over a complete muffler delete but I'm still hoping for a similar sound note without the drone yaknow
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 07:30 AM   #68
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNM View Post
Not a bad idea, I just looked into it but can't find any videos of it on the 335. I would be willing to do the same over a complete muffler delete but I'm still hoping for a similar sound note without the drone yaknow
Exactly! I had a muffler delete on my previous 335i but it droned a little. I haven't found any videos either so we can be the first! The dyno max is suppose to reduce sound by 4-5 decibels

Last edited by Jaronbwall; 06-09-2015 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 09:06 AM   #69
jjbmuu
4ut0strd4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW E92 335i 6 Speed

VRSF downpipes, or any catless downpipes with a muffler delete will sound terrible especially above 4k rpms and the sound worsens as the rpm's climb, I know from experience lol.. If you want an inexpensive exhaust set up that will be very free flowing go with catless dp's of some sort and either n55 midpipes or cut out your secondary cats and replace them both with very large resonators and add sections of piping in the rear with cyba tips. That should do, it will still be loud, but bearable depending on your standards.

I plan to sell my car now, but my custom set up that I had planned to do after speaking with a guy, possibly the owner (don't remember) of Aero Exhaust who make the popular AR20/25 resonators the e46 m3 guys love to use recommended this setup for me..

With my catless downpipes > two of their (Tr3.2 T304 3 inch inside diameter 4" inch body 16" long resonators) in place of secondary cats > then two (Aero Exhaust AR30 resonators) as mufflers > then tips of some sort (for example Cyba) with 3 inch stainless piping all the way throughout whatever gauge thickness you prefer (I wanted to make my exhaust 3 inches all the way throughout).

What's most important though and something I didn't get the chance to really look into too deeply, but if there is room underneith the car you'd really want to look into installing something called quarter wavelength tubes or helmholtz resonators which any reputable exhaust shop should be able to fabricate for you. What they essentually do is elliminate droan within a certain frequency range that would need to be calculated for mathematically (typically for highway cruzing speed rpm's). Feel free to google and read about these to get more information if you're not familiar yet. You could always just go without the AR30's in the rear I think if you don't mind a louder set up and place these chambers/tubes where the mufflers would normally be I believe.

If anybody would like to give this setup a try let me know the results, should be a great setup and cost you around a grand for everything including downpipes I believe..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 03:43 AM   #70
335i-AZ
Rep
Drives: 435i Convertible F33

Here is mine

[u2b]https://youtu.be/RRRZcyUhlG0[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 08:49 PM   #71
GaTechBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

How I sent gas mileage with the muffler delete config?

Want to do the same on my 335i sedan with a JB3 setup. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0