E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Suntrup West County BMW---SCAM!!!

07-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
mpeng98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E71

Suntrup West County BMW---SCAM!!!

About 5 weeks ago, I see a 2013 BMW X6 35i(VIN# 5UXFG2C56DL783336) on autotrader.com for sale which is posted by Suntrup West County BMW,I got in touch with salesperson Andy, I asked him if the car is still available for sale he told me yes, he ordered that car for a customer but that customer lost his job no longer can buy this car, so I jumped on it, he took $1000 deposit with my credit card, he emailed me a buyers order the same day, I signed and email back to him, he said he will overnite all the paperwork to me and have I sign everything and send back with a cashiers check, Here is the problem beans,
I supposedly receive all the paperwork within couple days, but he never send me the paperwork, I have called him so many times, every time he just find an excuse, something like the package got send back to our dealership, your address is not deliverable and he even gave me a fake tracking #, I also tried to call the GM or sales Manager few times. but never went through, so I left voice mails have them call me back, no response, so I have to keep calling Andy finally I got partial paperwork after 1 week.

you think everything is fine now? NO!!!!!

After I send back everything with a cashiers check, after 3-4 days I called him,he told me everything is good to go now, then I scheduled a transportation to pick up the x6, on the scheduled pick up date around 7:30 AM, Andy called my cellphone told me that this car can not get picked up today, I asked why, he said He got a call this morning from BMW saying there is a LED light recall, BMW will send some one to their dealership to look at this problem will get fixed within 2 days, I said fine, so I canceled the pick up waited 4 days and called Andy again, this time he told me its fixed and I can send the truck to pick it up, so I scheduled another pick up with the transportation company, the driver showed up and Andy told the driver he cant pick it up today, the battery is dead, he is waiting for service people to replace the battery, I asked him how long will this take? He told me couple hours, and guaranty this car will leave the dealership today, just be patience , he will call when its done, so I trusted him, I waited...one hour, two hour, three hour, never got a phone call from him that day, so I called him back next day morning, he told me he is walking into the dealership right now, he will check on the statues on the car and call me back in 15 minutes, never called me back, so I called him back couple hours later ask him what is going on, he told me is fixed and need to wait till Monday to pick up, because the driver is gone, I called the trucking company to verify that, the truth is the driver is still in town. I called Andy back told him the driver still can pick it up today, I do not care if the battery is dead, I can fix it when it gets here, he said ok, he will call the driver to have him come back, I thought the car will get pick up for sure, but its not..trucking company called me back Monday morning ask me when the car will be ready? what, didnt get pick up? also they told me that Andy called them back told them the car wont be available till Monday.

Monday comes, I called Andy ask him if we can get this car pick up, he told me a very interesting story, he said: He cant sell me the car,because my name is on their black list, but they have one coming with exact same equipment on it, he can let me have that one, but I need to wait for 5 days, its at the production center waiting for transportation. I know his lying about My name being on the black list, I think that car is sold when I called so he ordered another one for me and so I waited 5 days, called him back 1 week later, he told me the car should be here within couple days, he gave me a production #, I tracked on BMW website its showing order document accepted,waiting to enter production, I asked him why its not even start to built yet, he told me because he modified to the spec, so the statues wont change, something like. but he keep telling me should be here in couple days, I ask for the VIN #, he always tell me will call me back in minutes to give the VIn# never did,after another week(7/19/12) I pick up the phone called him again, now he told me the car its already done still at BMW Center, but all new BMW is on hold, BMW is not releasing to dealers, He doesnt know when the car will get here, and also the BMW factory will shut down in August, he has no ideal when the car will get here, I begged him to be honest with me just tell me when the scheduled production date is I will wait,because I track online still showing order info received, once goes into production will notify my bmw dealer, but he kept saying its already produced, just on hold.

I am so helpless now, I dont know what to do, thats why I am sending this Email to you.

Please help

Last edited by mpeng98; 07-19-2012 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

Get your deposit back and look at a Porsche Cayenne. I would never buy a Vehicle from someone I did not trust.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
08msportx3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 x3

this place and that guy are a joke. They have the worst reputation here in st.Louis. Go elsewhere. I almost bought a car from them and glad I didnt
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
ArchiProf
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i XDrive E92

Garage List
+1

Contact Jason Metcalf at Plaza BMW in Creve Coeur (St. Louis suburb). www.plazabmw.com I bought my 2012 335i Xdrive Coupe from him this past May. He was totally up front, no BS, and gave me a great deal. Everything exactly as promised.
      08-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
haggomyeggo
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

in related st. Louis BMW anyone have any experience with Autohaus BMW over on Hanley in STL?

im looking for a used 335/135 manual 2009 or older.
Talked to a guy and they are on the lookout for something along those lines for me
also Newbold BMW on IL side.
I was thinking of calling Plaza to have one more dealer on the lookout for me. Any sales guys specific i should ask for?
Thanks
AWH
Appreciate 0