E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Do NOT buy LED angel eyes from Burger Motorsports

09-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #45
WhatADream
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan 09'

Here is my paper trail. BMW couldn't figure it out and was literally throwing parts at it, until I told them to check the LED light.

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #46
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

I just verified this. I got home and installed the stock bulbs and bam no moe tons error.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #47
WhatADream
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
I just verified this. I got home and installed the stock bulbs and bam no moe tons error.
I'm glad I was able to help!
Refund time! lol
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #48
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by techy1 View Post
imo I would take him up on the exchange... chances of it happening twice?? not to high....

maybe its that one broken egg in the basket... I wouldn't rule out BMS as yet... I personally have not bought anything from them as yet and not really intending to unless something really gets my attention... (prob because it might cost me the same thing here in Canada when you calculate the shipping and the duties)
BMS answered his emails within minutes. They explained they've never heard of this issue before (and they've sold A LOT of leds) but came up with two options to resolve the situation. A new set of LEDs in case his were somehow defective or a 100% refund for store credit. Both reasonable options.

Also I am the Canadian BMS dealer so if you need anything let me know as I am just down the street from you

Mike
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #49
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
BMS answered his emails within minutes. They explained they've never heard of this issue before (and they've sold A LOT of leds) but came up with two options to resolve the situation. A new set of LEDs in case his were somehow defective or a 100% refund for store credit. Both reasonable options.

Also I am the Canadian BMS dealer so if you need anything let me know as I am just down the street from you

Mike
+1

This is very reasonble... OP: Why the hate?
      09-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #50
menewtobmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I will also vouch for Terry and his products. They all have been high quality and he is more than reasonable from my interactions with him.
      09-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #51
WhatADream
Private
Rep

I'm not hating, I just want cash back. What's hate on that?!
Instore credit would be great if I wanted another of thier products, but by the way thier empty promises go, I dont have much confidence in them anymore.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #52
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by galahad05 View Post
I have the LED angel eyes on my '07 sedan. No issues.

Though it ended up being the most over-the-top insanely more-difficult-than-expected pain in the a$$ to install these things. 100% to do with the nearly-impossible location of these things in the '07 e90. Took me 5 hours.
5 hours?? I did mine both in less than a hour.
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #53
robc1976
DIYER
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
BMS LED AE's have been in my car for nearly 2 years now, one of my first mods. Never a single error.

Do you have anything to back up that statement?
Ditto!
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #54
tres
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335is 6MT

hey op there are alot of fan bois here. i too had a fucked up experience with burger motorsport single cone intake, the cone and its pipe is to short for the IS model and it broke lose. I sent terry emails and pics, he first tried to blame the install on me off the bat and a bunch of crap. I said screw him he can keep the money and bought one from cpe who stands behind their products and have a lifetime warranty, they even verified the faulty design of the intake. The forum is supposed to be honest to keep fellow members from buying inferior products and dealing with unfair practices of vendors. So if you have a negative comment about a vendor, his disciples rebuke you or you get banned if he is a gold sponsor.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #55
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tres View Post
The forum is supposed to be honest to keep fellow members from buying inferior products and dealing with unfair practices of vendors. So if you have a negative comment about a vendor, his disciples rebuke you or you get banned if he is a gold sponsor.
So you want the forum to be honest, but if someone mentions a positive thing they must be a disciple? Did you consider that some people are just trying to share their experience so that the OP might reconsider BMS's offer of trying a new set?
      09-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #56
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

Your best bet is to sell these and purchase mtec angel eyes. BMS is a great company so no need to bash them. The BMS angel eyes sell for dirt cheap anyways so you got what you paid for.
      10-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #57
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

I had my experience with BMS
I simply emailed him about the PBX that ever since it was installed, the car was all screwy and shifting issues and severe jerkiness etc..
I asked if there could be a defect in the unit I had just like I had a while back with my power commander for my R1 which was simply sent back for a new one.
I was told maybe I didn't install it right.
I installed it to the letter, it is perfect, it was easy as hell. So I said could it just be a bad unit. He said no and if I want better, than get a 335.
LOL ok well I wish I could get a 335 but for now I have the 28 and just wanted to know if I could maybe swap with another one just to make sure mine was good or bad and they could check the one I have.
Maybe the majority of you have great experience with BMS, I wish I did too. I wasn't happy with the customer service I had gotten. For now I keep my PBX map on stock....Dealer could not find a single thing wrong with the car, so either it's a bad pbx or just the way it's supposed to be but it is very abrupt in driving performance so stock map for now.
Hating on them? No, the op isn't hating, he simply would like customer service/support on a product that they back.
Shit happens, things aren't always 100% some have flaws...if they say it works and is for your car, then turns out to be screwing it up, than that's a no brainer if a company doesn't do what's right for their customers and the product they sell and advertise.
My own experience with BMS, I thought he was the biggest asshole the way he treated a customer and didn't stand behind a product they designed.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #58
Dosturbos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F48 X1 MSport

Quote:
hey op there are alot of fan bois here. i too had a fucked up experience with burger motorsport single cone intake, the cone and its pipe is to short for the IS model and it broke lose. I sent terry emails and pics, he first tried to blame the install on me off the bat and a bunch of crap. I said screw him he can keep the money and bought one from cpe who stands behind their products and have a lifetime warranty, they even verified the faulty design of the intake. The forum is supposed to be honest to keep fellow members from buying inferior products and dealing with unfair practices of vendors. So if you have a negative comment about a vendor, his disciples rebuke you or you get banned if he is a gold sponsor.
I agree, I shit on the JB4 in a previous post and a bunch of folks slammed me for my negative review of the product. The JB4 is cool for the money, but I happened to like the Cobb AP much more, you would have thought I kicked their dogs and beat their children.
I happen to like the BMS wheel spacers and the DCI that I currently have on my car, and I want to do angel eyes so now I am going to review all my options when choosing an LED conversion. I will say as much as I am not a fan of the JB4, the burger folks are very responsive to emails. You will always get a response the same day. They are good, honest folks even if I think some of their stuff is kind of cheap.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #59
tres
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335is 6MT

LOL

I have no doubts burger motorsports has excellent customer service they even replaced my single cone for a dual. But a faulty product is a faulty product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosturbos View Post
I agree, I shit on the JB4 in a previous post and a bunch of folks slammed me for my negative review of the product. The JB4 is cool for the money, but I happened to like the Cobb AP much more, you would have thought I kicked their dogs and beat their children.
I happen to like the BMS wheel spacers and the DCI that I currently have on my car, and I want to do angel eyes so now I am going to review all my options when choosing an LED conversion. I will say as much as I am not a fan of the JB4, the burger folks are very responsive to emails. You will always get a response the same day. They are good, honest folks even if I think some of their stuff is kind of cheap.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #60
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
LOL

I have no doubts burger motorsports has excellent customer service they even replaced my single cone for a dual. But a faulty product is a faulty product.
They are always very reasonable and go out of their way to keep their customers as happy as possible.

As a courtesy they did bend the rules and issue the OP a full refund on his lights. As of the writing of this there are several hundred of their 4LED lights in use and I've yet to hear of another single incidence of a tire pressure light from them. So as BMS told him from the start it was likely not related or perhaps some odd manufacturing defect that has never come up before or after his were assembled.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #61
robc1976
DIYER
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
They are always very reasonable and go out of their way to keep their customers as happy as possible.

As a courtesy they did bend the rules and issue the OP a full refund on his lights. As of the writing of this there are several hundred of their 4LED lights in use and I've yet to hear of another single incidence of a tire pressure light from them. So as BMS told him from the start it was likely not related or perhaps some odd manufacturing defect that has never come up before or after his were assembled.

Mike
mike,

I had my car lowered this week...they bent the headlight adjusting rod and I got the tire pressure light, ABS light and dsc light....apparently this sensor also takes signals from the TPS....so the angel eyes did not do this lol! This sensor can be damage when jacking the car up and letting the tire hang (using jack stands). Thought I would share this info.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #62
WhatADream
Private
Rep

Update on the situation. Terry at Burger Motorsports resolved the problem by refunding me. Thats all I ever wanted. They took care of me, and I ended up buying their dual cone intake.
They are a GREAT vendor. Just a little hicup on return policy. Thats all...

Last edited by WhatADream; 10-15-2012 at 09:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #63
pajak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F32 435i M Sport

I just had the same issue with the mtec Cree led kit. I took them off and the error went away. I just contacted my vendor, we will see if he will let me exchange for another set.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #64
pajak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F32 435i M Sport

I fixed my issue and now the TPM Malfunction went away. It was how i wired it. I wired the stock harness to the Cree Leds wrong. You have to connect the brown wire to the stock white wire and the Yellow wire to the stock blue wire. I had them wired backwards and they still worked just gave off that error message... I hope this helps someone!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #65
richiu1972
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Installation degree of difficulty

I just bought the same angel eyes and fog lights for my E90 LCI. The instructions sound pretty straightforward, but when it comes to handiwork I am pretty awful (e.g. I need 2X longer to build an IKEA table than the average person). For any of you who have installed this on their vehicle, do I run the risk of f-ing up things pretty badly or is this as easy as it sounds? Thanks!
Appreciate 0