E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Question about lease turn-in inspection...

12-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
prcentauri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
Question about lease turn-in inspection...

So I have a lease ending soon. Lease was initiated at a dealership that is now out-of-state for me. With BMWs past I have had a guy come to my house and inspect the car (I guess working for a firm hired by BMW financial services). He'd inspect the car and I'd drop it off at the dealer.

I am soon to turn in my car to a new dealer with whom I'm going to sign a new car lease (awaiting deliver). They do their own inspections however I was already contacted by a company called Datascan Field Services that is scheduled to do my inspection.

The new dealer is telling me that they work for commission and may try to jack up the "damages cost" on me. Dealer suggested I cancel the appointment and have them inspect the car around the time when I turn it in and pick up my new car. I'm worried the dealer may try to get money from me at turn in to offset the nice deal I got on the new car.

What do you all think? Who should I have inspect the car? What have you all done in the past?

Thanks
      12-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by prcentauri View Post
So I have a lease ending soon. Lease was initiated at a dealership that is now out-of-state for me. With BMWs past I have had a guy come to my house and inspect the car (I guess working for a firm hired by BMW financial services). He'd inspect the car and I'd drop it off at the dealer.

I am soon to turn in my car to a new dealer with whom I'm going to sign a new car lease (awaiting deliver). They do their own inspections however I was already contacted by a company called Datascan Field Services that is scheduled to do my inspection.

The new dealer is telling me that they work for commission and may try to jack up the "damages cost" on me. Dealer suggested I cancel the appointment and have them inspect the car around the time when I turn it in and pick up my new car. I'm worried the dealer may try to get money from me at turn in to offset the nice deal I got on the new car.

What do you all think? Who should I have inspect the car? What have you all done in the past?

Thanks
Looks like you are in a jiffy here. What dealer are you picking up the new car from? what damage do you have on your current car?
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

If you're leasing from BMW, they send that end of lease packet that explains the expected condition of everything and the charges for each, so it should be the same from either.....But ... I'd let the dealer do it. Because you're a customer of theirs, since you're buying a new car from them, they have more reason to be fair with you and maybe let you slide where a 3rd party wouldn't.
      12-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
prcentauri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc328ci View Post
Looks like you are in a jiffy here. What dealer are you picking up the new car from? what damage do you have on your current car?
Dented in, slightly buckled fender. Scrape on front bumper. Couple of paint chips on the side of the front bumper. Two tiny indentations in fewer bumper from someone parking up against the rear of my car.