E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel MAERSK WELKIN - ETA Port Hueneme June 18th

06-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #23
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i convertible

Welcome aboard ATC! It took BMWUSA a while to move their little tracker thingamajig over to "en route" for me too. I think I sat on that darn dock for 10 or 11 days before I shipped too. People living on the west coast don't have quite as many ships coming our way as the east coasters do. Process of elimination told me I was on this ship (or the Glorious Ace which docks a couple days later), so I called my CA to confirm.

We aren't having much luck tracking the ship as you can see. Maybe you will have more luck. I think our captain likes to 'fly under the radar' - literally!

Good Luck, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Leslie
If he doesn't buy that, tell him (in an assertive but borderline tears voice) "At least you could support me in this one thing. Please don't quell my excitement. Anticipation is half the fun. It wouldn't hurt you to indulge me now and then anyway. If you really loved me, you would support me in this."
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #24
Joeyballs
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW/CR 335i Coupe

I called my dealer today. My 335 is on the Maersk Welkin as well!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #25
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

YAY! That makes 4 of us so far. Welcome aboard Joey! As you can see we aren't very successful in tracking her, but we do have a few dates. If you are any more successful, let us know.

Leslie
If he doesn't buy that, tell him (in an assertive but borderline tears voice) "At least you could support me in this one thing. Please don't quell my excitement. Anticipation is half the fun. It wouldn't hurt you to indulge me now and then anyway. If you really loved me, you would support me in this."
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #26
Joeyballs
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW/CR 335i Coupe

No problem thanks for all the info so far. I hope I can contribute some more soon.

heh, my dealer said the same thing to me. "I've never had a client so informative on the ordering/shipping process."

I called him today and said, "Brad, I know this is going to sound weird. But, can I get the name of the vessel my car is on." He laugh and said, "sure joey, once second."
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 07:44 AM   #27
Pheemo
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is Coupe

Hey all,

My 328i has been "awaiting transport" for over 2 weeks now (production date was 5/16 according to my SA)... Tried the 800 number just now, recording says the same...

Are any of you on the Maersk Welkin still showing "awaiting transport" as well? Or are you all en route?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #28
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey Pheemo,

I sat on the dock from around the 19th until the Maersk Welkin came and took me away. I think total time was 9-11 days on the dock? You may have just missed her. I think the Glorious Ace is the next ship due into Oxnard (there is a K-Liine ship that is due in sooner, but no name on it yet.) In any case, you should have caught one of those if you aren't, in fact, on the MW.

Call your CA, I think he should have better info for you.

Good Luck << just love that little guy, he is so happy!

Leslie

P.S. To answer your original question, yes, I am showing 'en route' and it took about 4 days to show up.
^^^fingers tapping softly in rhythm^^^
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #29
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

Just called the BMW ED office, looks like we're in the same boat (no pun) I dropped on May 10. so June 18th aint too bad.
      06-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #30
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey Rich,

Welcome aboard! The Maersk Welkin has made some changes since I started this thread. #1 being, it is now due on the 20th to Port Hueneme. I have tried to change the name of the thread, to no avail. #2 None of us can seem to get any live tracking info on this ship, I'm pretty sure the captain is too busy constantly checking on our cars to check in with the volunteer weather sites, hence, no info... yet! #3 Confirmed passengers as of right now are myself, fthrower, joeyballs and you. That makes four pair of eyes looking for our ghost ship.

Do you know how many days it takes from the time it unloads in Oxnard to get up to us in the bay area? I'm thinking a week on the outside, but have nothing to back that number up with.

If you find out any info, please be sure to post it here, as we are all excited too.

Leslie
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #31
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep

Hi Leslie,

Will do. I'm waiting for word form my CA in the next few days. Also, BMW ED offices told me to call back at the beginning next week for a better timeline since they have up to date info on this vessel.
      06-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #32
ATC330i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 MT (on order)

Hey guys, I confirmed it with the CA today and am on this boat He did tell me via email though that the ETA is June 18th.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #33
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well an official welcome aboard to you too ATC! That makes 5!

Your CA may have better news than I found out today. As far as San Diego Port (which we stop at first) they have updated their schedule from the 16th to the 18th. That puts Port Huemene on the 20th about right. At least, this is the latest info on both of their schedules. San Diego updates almost daily and Oxnard does it once a week (Thursdays, I think).

But keep your fingers crossed, maybe, just maybe, your CA knows something we don't! I don't mind being wrong when it gets the car here sooner!

Leslie
^^*** fingers tapping softly, rhymically
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #34
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep

My CA expect 7-10 days upon arrive at port in Oxnard. So same as what everyone else said. Where are your dealerships? Mine is in Pleasanton, East Bay BMW.
      06-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #35
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Weatherford BMW, Berkley. I am actually closer to Sonnen, but had bad experiences at both of their dealerships (BMW and VW) both are in San Rafael. I actually went through a friend of ours at Bavarian Motor Werks in San Rafael, John Bottari. He handled all the details and I have only seen my CA once three months ago when I test drove the car. This is by far, the easiest way to buy a car.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #36
Juris335
Rep
Drives: On the pond

Maersk Welkin

Hello- I have a 5er on the Maersk Welkin. I appreciate your discussion and have nothing to add. I have tried two call signs and numerous websites but to no avail. Thanks for all of your input. I certainly will post anything I learn that would be helpful. I won't mention that the official hurricane season began 2 days ago. After all, we are all first cousins...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #37
BarrettVS
Rep
Drives: 335xi Space Grey, Jade Grey

I'm 90% sure that my 335xi coupe (Space Grey / Jade Grey / 6MT) is also on the Maersk Welkin. My salesman said he didn't know the name of the ship, but it is supposed to dock around June 19th.

I also don't get any current information at www.digital-seas.com or www.vesseltracker.com
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #38
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Barrett,

I'm not sure if you get dropped off in Socal?

HEY GUYS?? is there another drop off point up north of California. I never even thought about it, being the selfish person I am! I have no way of checking to see the next port of call after Oxnard (funny, I guess I thought the Maersk Welkin just vanished until it was summoned again by whomever, like a true ghost ship!)

Your CA should have the name of the ship, if in fact you are on this one. Give him a call tomorrow, or call the 800# and talk with a rep. to see if it is en route.

Fingers crossed, the more the merrier here. Oh, and thanks for looking anyway, none of us have been successful in tracking her. The effort is appreciated, after all she did check in in January (up your way matter of fact), who's to say she won't check in again?

Leslie
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:10 AM   #39
BarrettVS
Rep
Drives: 335xi Space Grey, Jade Grey

From what I understand, all cars for the West Coast are unloaded at Port Hueneme and go to a VPC (Vehicle Preparation Center?) around there. My dealer is Camp BMW in Spokane, Washington, and they said in port June 19th and to me in 7-14 days. The BMWNA 800 number and web site also just give "en route".

Since everything makes sense, I'm content to check the sites and not make any more calls. I'm excited, but I can wait.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #40
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

I am concerned about all of you

This is becoming an obsession. May I suggest that everyone awaiting a vehicle put their excitement in perspective. Perhaps, rather than spending all available hours on tracking sites and viewing port schedules, that you telephone your parents or spend time with your friends or children. Tell that special someone that you love him or her. Have you ever noticed how long it takes for dew to evaporate on a rose pedal? And, have you ever felt the wind at dusk - er - a - I'll have to finish this later - the rent-a-copter guy is here for that excursion over the Atlantic . .
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 02:01 AM   #41
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep

Thats......thats....thats just CRAZY TALK I will not have any of this "you can probably do other stuff than sit at the computer and and make phone calls to figure out where you car is every other 3 minutes" talk on this thread.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by fthrower View Post
This is becoming an obsession. May I suggest that everyone awaiting a vehicle put their excitement in perspective. Perhaps, rather than spending all available hours on tracking sites and viewing port schedules, that you telephone your parents or spend time with your friends or children. Tell that special someone that you love him or her. Have you ever noticed how long it takes for dew to evaporate on a rose pedal? And, have you ever felt the wind at dusk - er - a - I'll have to finish this later - the rent-a-copter guy is here for that excursion over the Atlantic . .
      06-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #42
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Now Hang on there FTHROWER, who says we aren't doing all of those things? To address your concerns:

1) My kids are the most knowledgable kids in town as far as BMWs, shipping ports, shipping lanes, tides, seasonal temperature of the waters and the effect on ship speeds etc... Who says I'm not spending quality time with them?!?

2) Mom never understood my preoccupation with cars, although I keep trying to teach her. It's futile though, she can barely make a call from the cell phone I gave her last year! All she talks about is her bridge ladies and politics. With Obama winning, I will not make that phone call for a couple of weeks!

3) I 'told' my husband last night that I love him. Of course, it was kinda hard to do, what with the laptop right next to us! He thought I was a bit obsessed, till he saw all these threads. Doesn't get my preoccupation with cars either. (Does that mean I married my mom? YIKES!)

4) Precipitation of rose petals varies. Typical morning here, it takes 1 minute 38 seconds.

5) As far as friends, they won't pick up the phone. At least not until my car is delivered. They really aren't friends, are they? Oh well, I'll get new friends...

Leslie
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #43
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ahoy Juris, glad to have you aboard, that makes 7 I think. Did you mention hurricane season? HA, the Maersk Welkin laughs at hurricanes....

(>>> me doing this<<< Pffftt, pffft, sign of the cross, salt over my shoulder, four leaf clover taped to my computer...)

Well, according to the weather reports so far, everything looks good. Would love to talk but I need to go find a live chicken...

Les

Last edited by LesLazz; 06-04-2008 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 10:05 AM   #44
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

You're response got me smiling for the day. Obviously, we all like nice vehicles in this forum. It is interesting the views of friends and family concerning such a purchase/lease. For each one of us there is someone who views vehicles as transportation only. My girlfriend runs every car she owns into the ground before making a new purchase. She doesn't understand why I am discarding a perfectly good vehicle (although she will enjoy driving the 335i). My brother loves nice cars and can't wait for my machine to arrive so that he can test drive it and beat the hell out of it - I just have to make sure that engine is warm.

I don't think you can ever convert anyone that doesn't appreciate a nice ride so we just have to make sure that our girlfriends, husbands and mothers don't quell our excitement. I'm guessing the weather will be perfect for a convertible in the bay area in a few weeks. I wonder if Obama likes cars.
Appreciate 0