E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: 2007 335i E90 with lot's of extras

12-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
matt1034
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i, E92 M3, F10 528i

FS: 2007 335i E90 with lot's of extras

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
This is a long shot but the urge for an M3 is growing daily and I want to test the waters with my current project.

I had bought this car as a project so I would have the opportunity to build it just the way I wanted. Having said that I will discuss the bad first.

I purchased this car in complete running condition with a salvage title. It was a daily driver for the previous owner. Besides the cosmetic issues there were some mechanical items that needed to be addressed such as reset brake pad indicator light, oil change light, replace two various modules, one being for the idrive, bald tires, warped rotors, etc ... You get the picture. It just needed TLC. Car was inspected by an independent BMW prior to purchase and was in sound running condition. Fast forward to 3 months ago and the ECU get's wet due to the cover not being installed completely after the Vinshu software was added. Initially the car would not start at all but as time has progressed some of these issues were fixed. The ECU was removed and allowed to dry, etc .. The car now runs but is throwing some oddball codes and goes into limp mode. To sum things up the ECU needs replacing. That's it. Replace the ECU and you're back in business. I was quoted around $1,700 for a new ECU. I can certainly fix this myself but as I stated I want to get into an M3 badly and my paitience is gone. My wife and I just had out 2nd child so my days of working in the garage and throwing money away on awesome parts are done for at least 6 months. There is no guarantee that I will sell the car but I wanted to see what options were out there so if you're interested shoot me an offer and we can go from there. I am also open to trading my car plus cash for your E90/E92 M3.

I replaced a ton of parts before finally determining what the culprit was. Below is a list of everything that has been done to the car including maintenance and aftermarket items.

- 3 New injectors
- New spark plugs
- New Fuel pressure sender
- New thermostat
- New AC Line
- New tranny line
- New tranny filter & fluid (complete service)
- New cabin filters
- New oil & filter
- Updated factory software
- New Powerstop F+R rotors
- New stoptech pads
- New brake wear sensors
- New Eibach pro springs
- New paint

Aftermarket items
- new front carbon fiber splitters
- Plasti-dipped exterior window trim
- Matte black kidney grille
- AR catless downpipes
- Helix FMIC
- Injen DCI
- Vinshu Procede V4
- UR Chargepipe w/meth port
- Greddy Type R BOV
- Steel braded brake lines
- Performance pads + rotors as mentioned above
- 19" Linea Course LC818 wheels matte black (new/No TPMS)
- Almost new 19" G-Force tires

That's all I can think of at the moment but i'm sure there are some things missing.

Last ... Here are the cars factory specs ..
2007 335I Sedan
- 73k miles
- Sport package, cold weather package, Navigation, conv package, Logic 7, Xenon lighting
- Gray ext w/black int.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
matt1034
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Forgot to mention ... It's an auto and the price is open, so feel free to make an offer. I understand that I would be much better off simply buying the ECU. Just nothin too crazy because I can part it out and come out pretty good on the parts alone. All OEM parts are included except for the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
matt1034
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bump! Perfect track car project.
Appreciate 0