E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > RFT...a puncture...what the #@#^%

03-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #23
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
^^ I have had 3 in the last year and a half, wtf
      03-14-2008, 03:13 AM   #24
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
^^ I have had 3 in the last year and a half, wtf
Must be your neighbours puting nails under your tyres..............

I have 6 flat tyres in the past 5 years, but 4 of these were at once and because some prick decided to slash all 4 of my tyres on my Toyota Celica.

My poor old dad (RIP now) had to bring two spare tyres from home for me, and drive behind me all the way home as I had to drive at around 40km/h for 15 or so kms.

Refused to get a tow truck + it was a Saturday night at 3am.

That being said I have had two nails in the past 3 or so years !
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 03:15 AM   #25
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
It's not a big risk at all. $120 gets you a mobility kit. Worst case scenario that the mobility kit wont get you going is you call a tow truck. Conventional tyres are at least half the price of RFT so you could afford to call a tow truck many times. I better touch some wood here but I've never had a flat once in 20 years of driving. I've picked up screws / nails or bolts and had to have it fixed but never have I had to change a tyre roadside so I think my contingency plan is just.
Not interesting in changing tyres or a calling a tow truck, but yes the cost savings are quite good and I will see how bad/good the ride is on the run flats!

My main problems is that I wouldn't trust a tow truck driver with my BMW. Heck they loved trying to tow the Subaru All Wheel Drive onto the back of the tow truck when the battery died.

You cannot get the car into Neutral unless the car is running and since the car was in Park and had a flat battery...

So the towie decides to just drag the car on all 4's onto the back of the tow truck, my car was only 4 months old and I nearly cried watching it be dragged

No major damage to the transmission or anything but I was not happy and I received a letter from Subaru head office giving me backup in case I had any problems with the transmisson/diff!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 03:23 AM   #26
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S

Garage List
Oh ho look out AndDee.....
BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 03:25 AM   #27
parisianfox
Rep
Drives: e92

Click the link below for those that are hesitant changing from RFT's to conventional tyres and are unhappy with the RFT harsh ride
http://www.tyres4u.com.au/brandselec...g-cp_show.aspx
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #28
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDee View Post
Not interesting in changing tyres or a calling a tow truck, but yes the cost savings are quite good and I will see how bad/good the ride is on the run flats!

My main problems is that I wouldn't trust a tow truck driver with my BMW. Heck they loved trying to tow the Subaru All Wheel Drive onto the back of the tow truck when the battery died.

You cannot get the car into Neutral unless the car is running and since the car was in Park and had a flat battery...

So the towie decides to just drag the car on all 4's onto the back of the tow truck, my car was only 4 months old and I nearly cried watching it be dragged

No major damage to the transmission or anything but I was not happy and I received a letter from Subaru head office giving me backup in case I had any problems with the transmisson/diff!
No was definately not my neighbours... They would not of been able to get close to my car at night..

Wow, that really sucks, 4 flats in one go Bastards!
      03-14-2008, 10:53 PM   #29
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
No was definately not my neighbours... They would not of been able to get close to my car at night..

Wow, that really sucks, 4 flats in one go Bastards!
Well you have had a bad run as well

But yeh a Toyota Celica which I had about 6 years ago, it was a 1995 model which I was driving in 2001 so by no means a new car.

It was my first car and I was in tears when the car was sitting on the rims due to no air being left in any of the tyres.

Was lucky to have two spare brand new tyres at home, + the spare in the boot and managed to get one tyre to keep the air long enough to get home!

This is the main reason I am so scared to leave my 335i anywhere, and the other reason I have a Subaru as my daily driver.

My neighbour is the same and pretty much has two cars as well and only drives the 335i when he's leaving it in a safe location!

Will be interested to see how the run flats drive next week!
Appreciate 0