E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Question for those with iPod and new (2009+) iDrive

11-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Cavman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 35i M-Sport

Question for those with iPod and new (2009+) iDrive

Hello all,
Just noticed a strange thing when listening to an iPod playlist on my 2010 e90 with iDrive.

If I set up the iDrive for split-screen and select "entertainment details" for the right half of the iDrive screen and then select a playlist; the song information, artist information, etc all show up on the right half of the iDrive screen.

However, if I let the playlist play (without me forwarding to the next song manually) and it finishes the first song and begins playing the second song, the song information for the new song does NOT show up on the iDrive screen. It still shows the information about the first song in the playlist.

If, however, I manually forward to the next song (via the steering wheel controls), then the song information does change on the iDrive.

Here is the real-world example:

I have a Genuis playlist based on the song "Bad" by U2. I select the playlist and it begins playing "Bad" and it puts the song information on the right half of the screen.

Then, when "Bad" is finished and the next song begins ("Fall on Me" by REM), the right half of the iDrive screen still says "Bad" by U2. It will keep showing "Bad" for at least 4 more songs (as long as I watched it before reaching my destination).

If I then hit the "down" arrow on my steering wheel, the song will change, and the information in the right hand side of the iDrive screen will change to the new song ("One Tree Hill" by U2).

Anyone else have this issue of the Entertainment Details not switching to the song playing automatically when playing through a playlist?

Not a big issue, but seems very odd and kind of annoying if I was on a long road trip and let the playlist run on its own and the song information never changed.

Would love to hear if anyone else can duplicate this issue, and/or if perhaps there is something I am setting up incorrectly that would make the song information change automatically while playing a playlist.

Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiviing.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
jun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

i know it does that with the radio...

say you are on a HD station and it lists what song is playing. When the next song comes on, the old song is still on there.

i'll see if i can replicate it later.
Appreciate 0