E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Advice for long road trip, what to inspect on E92??

09-25-2013, 04:19 AM   #1
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep
Drives: E92/E90 Depends on Mood

Exclamation Advice for long road trip, what to inspect on E92??

Hello gang going on an extended road trip next week. Leaving DFW area to Las Vegas, LA then drive out on PCH since its beautiful this time of year before departing LAX to Hawaii. Anywho what do I need to inspect, besides the obvious, to make sure car doesn't surprise me on way out there? I called dealer but they're wanting $170 to just look over car which needless to say NOT happening!

Quick checklist:

Coolant
Tires and pressure
Idrive/Navi on car so going thru menu to see if anything due or low
Spare tire and jack, LED flashlight
9mm XD9 hollow point for protection (checking each states gun laws)

Anything missing?? Much appreciate it,

Tomato
      09-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
georgelb
nsomneeak
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 RB 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
Quick visual on your hoses, and/or a roll of duct tape? Extra mags for the 9? =)

Sounds like a great trip.

RB Turbos w/ N20 TMAP Sensor | 93 Octane Protune by Cobb Plano | xHP Stage 3 | BMS DCI | STETT CP | Forge DVs | RB PCV | Helix FMIC | CP-E Catted DPs | Walbro 450 | Bilstein B12 | M3 Control Arms | Defiv Lockdown Kit | BBS CH | Michelin A/S 3+
Hixson BMW of Monroe, LA - Shady Dealer |
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Thank U never thought of the hoses and tape. Yet they're always first ones to go and course duct tape to fix anything.

Nah one 16 round clip enough! In case coyotes or bears try to get my snacks while breaking on side of road :-)

Thx !
Tomato
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
deathbunny
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I don't think you can take 16 round mags if your your going into Cali Not sure bout the rest of their handgun laws but you deff need to check them out cause its pretty strict there. Nevada is pretty chill, you prolly wont have problems here but always good to make sure. Have a good trip!

Last edited by deathbunny; 09-25-2013 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
S2KtoG35to335
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Alpine White

Add this...

Simple toolkit. Screwdrivers, vise grips , a few common wrenches, tie wraps...they do come in handy sometimes. Maybe a few power bars and some water in case you break down in the middle of nowhere. I might check my water pump as well if possible. Failure of that WILL leave you stranded on the side of the road from what I've read on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #6
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Thx again guys ill grab a simple tool kit as well. Sometimes just due To anticipation we tend to over look the obvious. As for gun info found this helpful link:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/U...arry.pdf#page2

Ohhh yeah just found out a very good friend of mine just opened up his own shop in Carrollton. He's got experience with Audi and most recently with Park Place Porsche where he was part of the Grand Am/Park Place race team. Will ask him tomorrow if he can work on Bimmers too (I know off topic but another master tech won't hurt this forum).

Thx again everyone for advice mucho appreciate u guys!

Tomato
Appreciate 0