E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Anyone adjust the clutch master cylinder on their e9x?

09-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
Anyone adjust the clutch master cylinder on their e9x?

I am having issues with having a high engagement point on my clutch after changing to a new clutch masters clutch. I switched to this clutch probably about 20k miles ago and it works great although if my foot is even resting on the clutch pedal at WOT it will slip bc the engagement point is right there. I never really thought of it as an issue and I got used to it but after driving some other cars this weekend I realized how drastically different my clutch pedal is.

On my honda I could adjust the master cylinder to move the engagement point lower or higher, but I can't seem to find any info of others doing that with a 335. So my question is have any of you guys fooled around with moving your engagement point or adjusted your master cylinder? If so, please give me any input you can. I have wondered if maybe spacing the slave cylinder off of the transmission housing would help it out some or not. Any help is appreciated.

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
flexinator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
I believe I've heard of guys installing the throw out bearing in the wrong position causing a high engagement and premature wear. Apparently there is a euro spec and us spec setting. I am no mechanic, but that's what I've seen around here.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexinator View Post
I believe I've heard of guys installing the throw out bearing in the wrong position causing a high engagement and premature wear. Apparently there is a euro spec and us spec setting. I am no mechanic, but that's what I've seen around here.
I was really worried that was the situation. I remember putting the new one in and I put it in identically as the one that came out so I thought maybe that it could be something else. Or should I say wishfully thinking. It is a serious PITA to remove that transmission and I really don't want to do it again.

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #4
ralphwarren
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Race Car

I have designed, built and have been testing numerous versions of an all-aluminum billet and 6061 clutch pedal for all E90/91/92, 1-Series and all F-cars.

I've been racing with it in our 135i and the E90 M3 since March and have finalized on the design and have started building them.

THe pedals lower the resting height of the pedal and are "short throw". The bronze bushing, eliminates all flex in the clutch pedal system - it is basically an awesome racing part that's perfect for any sporty-driven modern manual BMW.

The over-center spring location adjustable by the user for perfect feel.

The pedal kit will be carried by Turnermotorsports, Bimmerworld, European Auto Source, TC Kline and Achilles Motorsports along with a couple tuners in Europe. They have all received a production version of the pedal for final testing, fitment confirmation, pictures, etc.

Keep an eye out on their web sites for their introduction of the pedal kit - probably late September 2013.

It should be aprox $300 and avail in black anodize to start.

-Ralph Warren
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphwarren View Post
I have designed, built and have been testing numerous versions of an all-aluminum billet and 6061 clutch pedal for all E90/91/92, 1-Series and all F-cars.

I've been racing with it in our 135i and the E90 M3 since March and have finalized on the design and have started building them.

THe pedals lower the resting height of the pedal and are "short throw". The bronze bushing, eliminates all flex in the clutch pedal system - it is basically an awesome racing part that's perfect for any sporty-driven modern manual BMW.

The over-center spring location adjustable by the user for perfect feel.

The pedal kit will be carried by Turnermotorsports, Bimmerworld, European Auto Source, TC Kline and Achilles Motorsports along with a couple tuners in Europe. They have all received a production version of the pedal for final testing, fitment confirmation, pictures, etc.

Keep an eye out on their web sites for their introduction of the pedal kit - probably late September 2013.

It should be aprox $300 and avail in black anodize to start.

-Ralph Warren
Wow this would be great as I didn't think there was anything wrong with our pedal feel until I drive a 911 turbo...there is no play in that pedal lol
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0