E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > BMW techs - big favor to ask.

01-18-2017, 08:22 PM   #1
robmarley
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 550i xdrive

BMW techs - big favor to ask.

I just picked up a 2011 550i with 30k miles and it's a big bag of crap. it's been one problem after another - only have it for 2 weeks. I miss my 335i.

Anyway, the service dept is trying to take me for a ride and won't give me the service history. I know that they had the customer care program and all the parts and labor are covered by a two year warranty. so my question is, would anyone here be able to get a copy of my service history for me if I gave you my VIN?

I'd be forever grateful!

thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 08:28 PM   #2
patents
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

You might want to verify that the two year parts and service warranty is transferable to subsequent owners.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
robmarley
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patents
You might want to verify that the two year parts and service warranty is transferable to subsequent owners.
that is a good point. I one step ahead of you tho. I spoke with BMW NA and the rep I spoke with (who apparently couldn't access my service history... not sure I believe that) confirmed that it was. the same as the factory warranty on a new car.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 09:42 AM   #4
mastarron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive M Sport e92

This is really odd, I would keep contacting BMW of NA until they got you the answers you need. There is no way a dealer should withhold you that information,.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 11:33 PM   #5
335udm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e92 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmarley View Post
I just picked up a 2011 550i with 30k miles and it's a big bag of crap. it's been one problem after another - only have it for 2 weeks. I miss my 335i. <edit>service dept is trying to take me for a ride and won't give me the service history. <edit>
RESOLVED? Have you tried stopping by another BMW Dealer service dept; ask them to pull service history, and have them help you "mark up on the printout" important stuff that's done, and important stuff 'to-do' (with this new service dept.) - and that you need to see what's covered and what you have to pay out of pocket. (Alignments, I know!) - Have two or three Sharpie pens, put one in their hand!

Hope that helps,
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 05:51 AM   #6
robmarley
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335udm
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmarley View Post
I just picked up a 2011 550i with 30k miles and it's a big bag of crap. it's been one problem after another - only have it for 2 weeks. I miss my 335i. <edit>service dept is trying to take me for a ride and won't give me the service history. <edit>
RESOLVED? Have you tried stopping by another BMW Dealer service dept; ask them to pull service history, and have them help you "mark up on the printout" important stuff that's done, and important stuff 'to-do' (with this new service dept.) - and that you need to see what's covered and what you have to pay out of pocket. (Alignments, I know!) - Have two or three Sharpie pens, put one in their hand!

Hope that helps,
I appreciate the response, but I've tried everything with little luck. I got the run around from BMW, but finally opened a case with BMW NA and they agreed to Goodwill the injectors for me and I had to pay $1900 for all to be replaced.

Only a few days later I had my transfer case control unit fail on me and lost x-drive, abs, EDC, etc. it never ends haha. Wishing I leased haha.
Appreciate 0