E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Dreyer & Reinbold BMW Indy

06-09-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
Frzdrdhppy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i xD GT Estoril/Oyster

Thumbs up Dreyer & Reinbold BMW Indy

I just picked up my second BMW from Dreyer & Reinbold, Carmel, IN, and I have to say that I have never dealt with a better dealership in my 42 years of car purchase/leases! I have always been treated like a king, have had great service and always given a nice clean BMW loaner, and also great deals. They know how to do business where the customer always comes first! They have me as a loyal customer for life, or as long as I can afford new BMWs, haha!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
pedalhead
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Dreyer $ Reinbold Indianapolis ABSOLUTLY the WORST!!!

I took my 07 in for its first oil change after I bought it new. The wind shield had developed an inch long crack from the gasket at the roof. We looked at it the service adviser picking at it with his fingernail stating " Ill have them wash the car and go over the crack with a magnifying glass to look for a starburst. We clearly didnt see one at this point. About 2 hrs into it they called me and said all 4 of my rims were bent and needed replacement at 2600.00 and would'nt be covered on warranty since it was "road damage" I told them that car ran fine and to leave those rims alone!!! I later returned to PU the car and when I looked at the windshield it looked like someone took a center punch and hit the crack producing a VERY noticeable starburst! I was furious! when I confronted them about it they said it was road damage and the windshield would be $1700.I later replaced it for $289.00 at a glass shop VG! I complained to BMW and Dreyer & Reinbold and they just poo pooed the issue stating they only hire honest people. Not having documentable evidence or withnesses I felt there was noithing I could do! At another oil change a year ago they goofed up my driver's side mirror adjusting it and now I cant get it readjusted so I can see, they also refused to do anything about that! Recently on my last " service" visit I brought it in for the oil change which after a day they didn't do because they said it wasn't " due", but they changed out my brake fluid and a tire stem. Now the car has a very noticeable vibration at 72--75 mph which it didn't have before, and they're saying it's a suspention problem$$$$$ Dreyer and Reinbold has to be the most dishonest and deceptive dealer I have ever used!!!! This was my first BMW, a nice dependable car, but it will certainlybe my last BMW and the last car I'll EVER buy from Dreyer & Reinbold in Indpls.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
IndyBimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Coupe

I think any dealership you go to is going to have horror stories.
Personally, I've had a great experience with Dreyer & Reinbold. I purchased a CPO 328xi coupe in MA, but have had it serviced at Dreyer under the service plan. The service rep I have been dealing with there (Eddie) is fantastic. I found him to be honest, as well as an attentive listener when it came to addressing specific questions or concerns. I honestly expected that when taking a 4 year old BMW into the dealership to be "inspected", they would return with a list of several thousand dollars worth of work that "needed" to be performed. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself in the wrong.
All fluids changed/flushed, inspected, serviced, seatbelt extender arm replaced under CPO warranty, and headlamps realigned... I walked out after happily paying $66.00.
I was given a clean 2012 535xi loaner car to drive, and I had my car back within about 4 hours. They also emailed me a complete online interactive report of the findings on my vehicle.
While there are some things I will certainly not take to the dealer because of their unnecessarily high rates (i.e. oil changes after my service warranty period expires next year), I was still completely satisfied with my visit.
Your mileage may vary.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
AWil335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
I bought my 335i from an independent shop, but D&R serviced it while it was still under warranty. I always thought they did a great job, were thorough and provided excellent customer service. However, once the warranty was up I realized how expensive it was to have service work done there. Thanks to all the N54 forums, I'm usually able to get the job done without going there.
Appreciate 0