E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Small scratches on bumper - Can I fix them?

01-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
dwall
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Small scratches on bumper - Can I fix them?

I have some small scratches on my rear bumper due to parallel parking in NYC.

The first one (on the left in the pic) are slight impressions of screws from another car's license plate screws.

The second one (on the right in the pic) is a small scratch with a little paint removed, again due to the rear car parking too close.

Can I remove them? If yes, how?

Sorry for the bad phone pic. Will try to post a better one.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

If there's paint removed or you can catch the edges with your fingernail they'll need to be touched up. Find someone in your area who does this as the process would be build up base of touch up and clear, wet sand to level, polish to bring it back to normal. Lot more work than my quick outline suggests. Personally if that's the only two marks I'd live with it until you get more.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
dwall
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
If there's paint removed or you can catch the edges with your fingernail they'll need to be touched up. Find someone in your area who does this as the process would be build up base of touch up and clear, wet sand to level, polish to bring it back to normal. Lot more work than my quick outline suggests. Personally if that's the only two marks I'd live with it until you get more.
Thanks. Yes those are the only 2 marks but now that I know they are there, that is all I can see. I will try to wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Rival
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
if you can do what is mentioned above yourself its worth your time. If your going to pay someone for all that wait until its worse or theres more spots to fix.
1995 Z28 6spd - 377rwhp rip
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
dwall
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I would find someone to do it as I don't have the tools for it
Appreciate 0