E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Front Camber

06-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #1
ghost_rider
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 320i 2010 European

Front Camber

Hello guys today i went to an alignment shop to have it done the guy there adjusted the front camber by removing the pin in the tower to allow adjustment but he said that the left side is still out of spec and could not be adjusted for more negative camber.

My shocks are brand new bilstein b4 also i had the tension links bushings replaced by lemfoerder ones. what could be causing that and how to allow more adjustment.

Could it be that the control arms wishbones were torqued while the car was lifted or over torqued ?

The shop suggested an m3 guide supports

Please Help as the left side camber is positive
Attached Images

Last edited by ghost_rider; 06-25-2011 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: different camber in the front
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
kevin@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

You may have slightly mushroomed the shock tower.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
ghost_rider
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@bavarianx View Post
You may have slightly mushroomed the shock tower.
No work was performed on the tower the pin was removed after removing the shock from the tower and then reinstall it and moved the bolts of the shock guide to the maximum toward the insde but still that did not correct the positive camber . do you meen by mushroomed the tower that the tower is deformed ?

this is the pin i removed with the yellow arrow to be able to adjust the camber from the tower but still not corrected
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
kevin@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
No work was performed on the tower the pin was removed after removing the shock from the tower and then reinstall it and moved the bolts of the shock guide to the maximum toward the insde but still that did not correct the positive camber . do you meen by mushroomed the tower that the tower is deformed ?

this is the pin i removed with the yellow arrow to be able to adjust the camber from the tower but still not corrected
Yes I meant the strut tower being deformed.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
ghost_rider
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

today I went to a new alignment shop and all the values were ok and within spec
the castor was not out of spec nor the camber before fitting the ground control camber plates .
After fitting them i went to -2.1 camber in the front

it turned to be that the ex shop did not move the car after lifting it to perform a minor suspension work which led to a non seated properly suspension and that justified the ex out of spec data.

after fitting the camber plates i drove it a bit before performing the alignment this time and all went ok .
Attached Images

Last edited by ghost_rider; 07-27-2011 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0