E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > BMW performance suspension and yellow springs questions

02-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
JayD
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

BMW performance suspension and yellow springs questions

I added the performance suspension kit with yellow springs (applicable to my specific model - 08 335i sdn w/sports susp. prod 6/08) back in Dec of 2008. I recently saw on Tischer's website that the current performance suspension kit replaces the "old" kit with about .5 inch lower springs. When did this new kit come out? Am I correct in understanding that the new kit has shorter springs than the old kit or was the old kit just shocks and dampers that worked with sport springs and I do have the newer kit already. (aka yellow springs)
Looks like you can order just the springs which I might do if they will give me another .5 inch drop.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I added the performance suspension kit with yellow springs (applicable to my specific model - 08 335i sdn w/sports susp. prod 6/08) back in Dec of 2008. I recently saw on Tischer's website that the current performance suspension kit replaces the "old" kit with about .5 inch lower springs. When did this new kit come out? Am I correct in understanding that the new kit has shorter springs than the old kit or was the old kit just shocks and dampers that worked with sport springs and I do have the newer kit already. (aka yellow springs)
Looks like you can order just the springs which I might do if they will give me another .5 inch drop.
Don't know exactly when the 'new' PS kit came out (2-3 yrs ago?). Ask Tischer.
Did you have to add the yellow PS springs to the perf susp you bought? The new kit comes w/yellow springs that drop ride height from ZSP ~.5" and comes with shorter bumpstops to be used w/those springs. The 'old' PS kit was just dampers and taller, firmer bumpstops designed to be used w/ZSP springs.
New PS springs won't give you a further drop. Ensuring you have the proper bumpstops with the yellow springs will give you the best ride quality.
      02-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
TxBeem
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

I am in the same boat! I have heard and I believe it was Evan from tischer that the old performance suspension was not designed for yellow springs. I have this setup now , so have I been running wrong for past 1.5 years? When did the current yellow springs come out? I want to lower another .5 in also. EPK or new yellow springs?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBeem View Post
I am in the same boat! I have heard and I believe it was Evan from tischer that the old performance suspension was not designed for yellow springs. I have this setup now , so have I been running wrong for past 1.5 years? When did the current yellow springs come out? I want to lower another .5 in also. EPK or new yellow springs?
Does your suspension absorb bumps well or do bumps kind of launch your car a bit?
You're going to have to look at aftermarket springs or c/o if you want to lower your car further than what you get w/the yellow ps springs.
      02-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
TxBeem
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

^^well I only have been in my car with sport suspension and now with all Performance suspension to compare. It's tighter suspension and hits the turns very nicely. Bumpier but I don't bounce more than once. But if I had a inguinal hernia, I wouldn't want to ride in my car to the doctors office. Again, I'm sure many owners don't have the luxury of riding other suspension setups to see what they like best. I bought b/c at that time many members had said it was a good set up. Now I wonder if what I feel is normal ride for this setup is actually not normal.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^ Put the car on a lift and measure the height of your bumpstops if you wanna know