E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > N54 6hp to dct with gts tune and gws inc launch with euro mdm retrofit

03-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #1
BimaExtremeRetro
Banned
Rep
Drives: e91

N54 6hp to dct with gts tune and gws inc launch with euro mdm retrofit

We successfully completed this retrofit for a member who can post his results if he choses.

Basically a full retrofit is now available, supplied and fitted, 100% fully functional as it would be in an m3 without hesitation lag issues etc, integrated into the cic etc. We have a few m3/m4 flywheels to suit 6 bolt cranks (jan 09 and above, working on something for earlier n54s) which work allot better than stock. Any diff ratio can be made to work without issue, a 3.85 m3 rear end was used in this example and on a fbo is quiet brutal but picks up and boggies pretty hard.

Looking for a 1 series customer, coupe or hatch to do another. Also 1 other non n54 customer as I'm confident we can make the whole show work on any other 6cyl models. Also looking for anyone who would like to experiment with a zf8 on any 6cyl e9x / e8x platform, we have overcome security concerns with the zf8's which will be superior to the 6hp obviously but also the dct. Shift time vs dct can be made to be inconsequential and you get the best of both for a DD. Zf8s are definitely the future and it wouldn't be a surprise at all if the next entry M's favour it over dct. Pm contact number, vin and mods and we will reach out when ready. We have 3 additional full dct kits ready to roll, pricing will depend on specs.
Cheers

Last edited by BimaExtremeRetro; 03-16-2018 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 2
tawfeeqh162.00
      03-16-2018, 09:15 AM   #2
BimaExtremeRetro
Banned
Rep

Forgot to mention that active cruise is also fully functional which is a big win since it was never offered in m3s and there is a significant amount of m3 hardware. This was actually the most difficult part of this retrofit and requires some pretty funky additions but works 100% oe. Zf8 with acc will be more challenging and possibly impossible, but we will try none the less. Another observation on acc, any fmic more bigger than 6 or maybe 6.5 will not fit easily or as stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 05:03 PM   #3
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW MY12 1M

Great work. How long does the retrofit take Tom?

@socket have you seen this? Your car would rip with a DCT and still be a comfy daily in D when you didn't want to grab gears yourself.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 07:04 PM   #4
Maniac0908
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan

Why are you in Australia!? Anyone in the us fo this?!
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2018, 07:30 PM   #5
BimaExtremeRetro
Banned
Rep

The dct swap have been done many times over and are fairly straight forward although I have heard some people are having issue. Dct swap 2 full days.

The zf8s I have not heard or seen it yet. Im real keen to make it happen.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 08:24 PM   #6
BimaExtremeRetro
Banned
Rep

Hey Guys,

I've been contacted by a few people who have or are doing this conversions and have had problems.

Just to be clear, the only way we attempted this conversion, since is a commercial product of sorts is to do it 100% as people generally don't want to pay for a compromise, I wouldnt. Without an m3 dsc unit, lateral sensor, wss post 2008 etc I don't believe it will work out of the box, I don't see how it would. Mdm requires an m3 szl and since m3 didn't all come with mdm, it might work without mdm but I've not tried it. Moreover getting acc to work, I had a frankenstein dual dme running at one point to figure it out and eventually got it working, very involved, but on the other hand a acc failure could lead to disaster. I've used a mad81x. I think it could work on a modified msd80 but will not be going down that path as it's a waste of time since an msd81x update is straight forward and beneficial for other things aslo. Having said that i am keen on an msv70/80 setup and will invest some time to make that work. A 130 hatch with dct would be cool, especially when these 6hp start failing
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 10:00 PM   #7
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M View Post
Great work. How long does the retrofit take Tom?

@socket have you seen this? Your car would rip with a DCT and still be a comfy daily in D when you didn't want to grab gears yourself.
Yes it would but I’ve got 99% if the parts for s manual conversion which we willl start after Easter. Great work by Hotd tho
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 11:08 PM   #8
tawfeeqh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e90 335i

Great work guys - this is cool stuff!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 11:42 PM   #9
BimaExtremeRetro
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfeeqh View Post
Great work guys - this is cool stuff!
Cheers man.

@ socket - feel free to buzz me if you have any dramas at all mate.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 12:39 AM   #10
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsd View Post
Cheers man.

@ socket - feel free to buzz me if you have any dramas at all mate.
Without a doubt mate
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #11
MJ80.
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i DCT Individual

Epic, in for cost.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 09:06 PM   #12
dyezak
General of the Armies
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

PM me your contact info. I'd like to give you a ring.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 09:46 PM   #13
BimaExtremeRetro
Banned
Rep

costs will vary but is somewhat up there purely because the hardware is expensive. For example it might be cheaper on a 1m than a 335 as the dsc unit of a 1m might be compatible, but since we have not done a 1m can't be certain. Importantly it's all fully reversible for originality sake since the 1m is somewhat special. Still looking for a candidate with an n52 and 1 series, the deal will basically be, pay for parys and free labour and if for some odd reasons we can't make it work, reversed without cost. We do have some requirements and were inundated with various enquiries, please make sure you supply contact number vin mods etc.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 04:30 AM   #14
135i2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Extremely switched on crowd at Brintech and passionate about everything BMW go fast. Following a meet today I will be utilising some of their nous and product options.

Don't hesitate to do the same.

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 04:33 AM   #15
MJ80.
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i DCT Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsd View Post
costs will vary but is somewhat up there purely because the hardware is expensive. For example it might be cheaper on a 1m than a 335 as the dsc unit of a 1m might be compatible, but since we have not done a 1m can't be certain. Importantly it's all fully reversible for originality sake since the 1m is somewhat special. Still looking for a candidate with an n52 and 1 series, the deal will basically be, pay for parys and free labour and if for some odd reasons we can't make it work, reversed without cost. We do have some requirements and were inundated with various enquiries, please make sure you supply contact number vin mods etc.
Cheers
Yeah but what about tge cost for those of us with an n54 dct already.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 04:42 AM   #16
BimaExtremeRetro
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
Extremely switched on crowd at Brintech and passionate about everything BMW go fast. Following a meet today I will be utilising some of their nous and product options.

Don't hesitate to do the same.
Cheers mate, it was a real pleasure to share some of the knowledge between us and have that that level of discussion. Can't wait to get onto your projects whichever path you choose.

Anyone needing any help please feel free to pm with details and il assist directly with whatever I can.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 06:53 PM   #17
m_a_itani
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i 2007

6AT to DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimaExtremeRetro View Post
Hey Guys,

I've been contacted by a few people who have or are doing this conversions and have had problems.

Just to be clear, the only way we attempted this conversion, since is a commercial product of sorts is to do it 100% as people generally don't want to pay for a compromise, I wouldnt. Without an m3 dsc unit, lateral sensor, wss post 2008 etc I don't believe it will work out of the box, I don't see how it would. Mdm requires an m3 szl and since m3 didn't all come with mdm, it might work without mdm but I've not tried it. Moreover getting acc to work, I had a frankenstein dual dme running at one point to figure it out and eventually got it working, very involved, but on the other hand a acc failure could lead to disaster. I've used a mad81x. I think it could work on a modified msd80 but will not be going down that path as it's a waste of time since an msd81x update is straight forward and beneficial for other things aslo. Having said that i am keen on an msv70/80 setup and will invest some time to make that work. A 130 hatch with dct would be cool, especially when these 6hp start failing
can i ask you if a used MSD81 would work i have e90 335i 03/07 with full M3 conversion?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 12:16 AM   #18
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_a_itani View Post
Quote:
Hey Guys,

can i ask you if a used MSD81 would work i have e90 335i 03/07 with full M3 conversion?
Fairly certain it will. The process is outlined many places as part of the MSD81 upgrade process.
      10-08-2022, 10:26 AM   #19
MrDrunkPilot
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92

Hi, i have e92 with s55 swaped (with n55 eseries dme) dct from 335is (gts flashed) and m3 cluster. I want to have mdm and launch control. Also my car has acc. Is it possible to code it remotely. I live in Lithuania 🙈

Quote:
We successfully completed this retrofit for a member who can post his results if he choses.

Basically a full retrofit is now available, supplied and fitted, 100% fully functional as it would be in an m3 without hesitation lag issues etc, integrated into the cic etc. We have a few m3/m4 flywheels to suit 6 bolt cranks (jan 09 and above, working on something for earlier n54s) which work allot better than stock. Any diff ratio can be made to work without issue, a 3.85 m3 rear end was used in this example and on a fbo is quiet brutal but picks up and boggies pretty hard.

Looking for a 1 series customer, coupe or hatch to do another. Also 1 other non n54 customer as I'm confident we can make the whole show work on any other 6cyl models. Also looking for anyone who would like to experiment with a zf8 on any 6cyl e9x / e8x platform, we have overcome security concerns with the zf8's which will be superior to the 6hp obviously but also the dct. Shift time vs dct can be made to be inconsequential and you get the best of both for a DD. Zf8s are definitely the future and it wouldn't be a surprise at all if the next entry M's favour it over dct. Pm contact number, vin and mods and we will reach out when ready. We have 3 additional full dct kits ready to roll, pricing will depend on specs.
Cheers
Appreciate 0