E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Official Dynavin BMW E9X Review, Pics, Questions, etc.

07-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #419
cbetlyon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi Jet Black/Black

hey guys is the group buy still going on? if not where can i find this unit the cheapest?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #420
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graduated to a 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbetlyon View Post
hey guys is the group buy still going on? if not where can i find this unit the cheapest?
I have seen the cheapest from where i got mine, caraudiocraze.com. I would email them as they will usually hook you up if you just shoot em an email.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #421
dukeandtheland
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 550i M-Sport

I always strive to find the best deal online, ebay, amazon, etc. But this time I think I did the right thing by buying from Jeff and didn't regret a bit.

This Dynavin does have quite some quirks here and there; especially if you have L7 therefore must replace the OEM AMP, plus another AMP, plus underseat speakers, etc., really you are talking about an integration issue.

Jeff did an awesome job by not only presenting tons of knowledge on the forum but answering questions through email as technical support. To me, installing this Dynavin, being imperfect as it is, and JBL MS-8 and bunch of other items, is somewhat of unchartered territory. So his tech support is really invaluable to me.

Jeff's price is definitely fair and even if he charges a bit more, I think the end result absolutely warrants it.

I am not a paid salesman for Jeff, if any one wonders I just felt that for this paticular product and project, you do need to think about after sale service. There is NO dynavin factory service whatsoever here! You can only count on the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #422
HellsBells
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

+1
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #423
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep

Agreed, and ironically that's why I bought from caraudiocraze, a quick Google search showed they have been dealing with dynavin for years back when they only had a couple units available. Trent over there has sent me install pictures and anything I ever had a question about, he answered back within two hours. Sounds like either is a great option to buy from.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #424
dukeandtheland
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 550i M-Sport

yeah this Dynavin really gave me a big headache during installation, uninstallation, and reinstallation. Even after all "set and done", there are tweaks you have to do...

I am sure some people must have had better luck than me though..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #425
uweric5985
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI 323i

Garage List
2009 BMW 323i  [9.50]
I just install Dynavin and I have some issues with it.

First of all, volume of my parking sensor, Radio and DVD is very loud, and quality of ipod music is bad...

The shop gave me a filter that helps to reduce the volume, but no luck.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #426
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uweric5985 View Post
I just install Dynavin and I have some issues with it.

First of all, volume of my parking sensor, Radio and DVD is very loud, and quality of ipod music is bad...

The shop gave me a filter that helps to reduce the volume, but no luck.

Any help will be much appreciated!

I would contact your supplier, it sounds like something might be bad internally. My iPod is very good quality. I dont have parking sensor so i am not sure about that. What do you mean radio and DVD is loud? Turn it down?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 01:01 AM   #427
uweric5985
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI 323i

Garage List
2009 BMW 323i  [9.50]
When the system was first installed, volume of the parking sensor is 10x louder than original, then shop put in two "filters" which help to reduce the volume. Now the volume of is like 2x louder than original.

Same thing happens to Radio, DVD and iPod mode. I am fine by setting the volume level at 3 but then I cannot hear the instruction of the navigation system.

What is the possible cause of the problem? The shop can't help much that's why I am posting here.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #428
homieG
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F

i just got this today and am trying to figure out how to get rid of the "do not operate while driving" warning when i put in a dvd. even when the car is parked that msg shows up every 10 seconds. kinda pissing me off.

appreciate the help in advance!

cheers!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #429
pkirk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by homieG View Post
i just got this today and am trying to figure out how to get rid of the "do not operate while driving" warning when i put in a dvd. even when the car is parked that msg shows up every 10 seconds. kinda pissing me off.

appreciate the help in advance!

cheers!
There is an option in the setting menu that will turn this off. I forget what it is called. Non-obvious named radio button.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #430
seschu01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i 2009

Dynavin BMW E90

Had a couple of questions before I bite the bullet.

I am seeing alot of posts where people are having issues with this. I also see that it is a CE 5.0 device. I have a non-logic 7 328i and was wondering if this was my best bet for a radio replacement.

It does not have Sirrius/XM and as this is for the wife that is a bummer. Yes she can play via Bluetooth off the iPhone it seems but that is a bit lame. Is there any external XM receiver that integrates into this component and provides an interface update?

Also, I noticed thatCaraudio no longer ships the maps. Is this something I can just download myself?

Finally can I customize this at all or is it "as-is" interface driven. I only ask as I have been programming for about 18 years and the interface seems a bit cluthcy in some cases.

I really like the Kenwood DDX71 but it simply won't fit. Too bad.

Oh, and finally, does this completely integrate into the steering column controls to control the following:

Radio - Volume, etc
Phone - Volume, OEM mic, etc.

Not really thinking the wife is gonna like an external mic suctioned to her car somewhere.

Thanks in advance,
Stephen
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #431
bbrf033
bbrf033
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 Graphite 6 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320beemer View Post
I just installed the wireless camera in my E90 sedan. I thought it was so easy with the instructions only in about 4 or 5 steps, but that was only till I opened the boot lid........

I have updated the notes, from a couple of omissions I found
I thank you for taking the time to create such a well done DIY. As it turns out, I am installing my e9x dynavin and the rear camera this Friday!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #432
bbrf033
bbrf033
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 Graphite 6 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Anyone in this thread want to sell me their OEM HU?
i should have mine available on friday
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 04:27 AM   #433
justinn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i E92 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Does anyone know if the dynavin is able to display song titles in other languages, such as chinese, japanese, etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 01:32 AM   #434
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrf033 View Post
i should have mine available on friday
Cool,

Please PM me your MY and Model and which stereo option you have, if you have the HU part number, even better.

I am looking for one that is HiFi or recodable to HiFi.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #435
LLinxuS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro

Garage List
2007 328i e90  [9.28]
did anything ever happen with these bad boys getting android??
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #436
VicXD888
Dan
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i 06 & BMW X5 08

Has anyone managed to get the bottom of the dynavin unit to sit flushed against the panel ? It's sticking out a bit.

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #437
mosx
The mod bug has bitten.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seschu01 View Post
Had a couple of questions before I bite the bullet.

I am seeing alot of posts where people are having issues with this. I also see that it is a CE 5.0 device. I have a non-logic 7 328i and was wondering if this was my best bet for a radio replacement.
Whether it is the "best" is up to you. A double DIN provides far more features, but the price is higher.

Quote:

It does not have Sirrius/XM and as this is for the wife that is a bummer. Yes she can play via Bluetooth off the iPhone it seems but that is a bit lame. Is there any external XM receiver that integrates into this component and provides an interface update?
Sorry no sirius/XM at this time. Also one of the deal breakers for me.

Quote:

Also, I noticed thatCaraudio no longer ships the maps. Is this something I can just download myself?
Not sure about this.

Quote:
Finally can I customize this at all or is it "as-is" interface driven. I only ask as I have been programming for about 18 years and the interface seems a bit cluthcy in some cases.
Yes its ugly and old. Over at e46fanatics they have been doing some interface hacking and their are some nice new "themes" that you can skin the interface with. One even looks like iDrive which is kinda cool.

Quote:

I really like the Kenwood DDX71 but it simply won't fit. Too bad.
A double DIN will fit with the right dash kit.

Quote:
Oh, and finally, does this completely integrate into the steering column controls to control the following:

Radio - Volume, etc
Phone - Volume, OEM mic, etc.

Not really thinking the wife is gonna like an external mic suctioned to her car somewhere.
Yes all this stuff works and you can "hide" the MIC in the car somewhere so she won't see it. Unfortunately the phone button will bring up the phone screen but she will have to use the touch screen to make calls. Her phone book will only display the numbers not the persons name which makes calling someone ridiculously difficult unless you have all the phone numbers memorized .... and if you have them memorized what do you need a phone book for? This was another deal breaker for me. I don't think your wife will be happy with it to be honest, she sounds picky like me.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #438
mosx
The mod bug has bitten.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicXD888 View Post
Has anyone managed to get the bottom of the dynavin unit to sit flushed against the panel ? It's sticking out a bit.

Thats just the way it fits. Kinda ugly isn't it? There's no way to do it better when mounting the climate controls below the stereo though. The climate controls are too deep to fit in the slot below a double DIN so it has to stick out.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #439
davedave1234
Rep
Drives: 135i (on order)

Any word on the Android version for our cars? They have it for the E46 I believe but not us at this point. I wonder if there is a update yet? The last I heard was Q4 so it could be soon. I would definitely consider it then.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #440
ruthless
Rep
Drives: 325i LCI

is it compatible with any cdc/dvdc?
Appreciate 0