E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Ac schnitzer spring kit E90

01-22-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
Neve24
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 320i E90

Ac schnitzer spring kit E90

The dealerships down in South africa are not as understanding with regards to fitting aftermarket items. i.e. They had a problem with my 19" wheels not being BMW units & was asked to reinstate my originals before they even had a look at the car.

I've also posted "Lowering my Non-sport E90" on a local BMW forum, & an Ac schnitzer spring kit has been recommended. I've consulted with the local dealer & its all cool m/plan wise. It cost like double the price of eibachs but I'm cool as long as I don't have m/plan issues.

Does anyone have experience or specs on this kit?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

I am not sure who ACS currently uses but they did outsource their springs to Eibach so it was a rebranded Eibach system per ACS specs. I don't see the reason to spend the additional for the ACS name when you can get a similar setup through Eibach or H&R.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
Neve24
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 320i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
I am not sure who ACS currently uses but they did outsource their springs to Eibach so it was a rebranded Eibach system per ACS specs. I don't see the reason to spend the additional for the ACS name when you can get a similar setup through Eibach or H&R.
Hi,

I do agree that Acs is considerally more money without any acutal difference but my problem is that the Bmw dealers in South Africa are seriously hectic. They have stated that my m/plan will be voided if I mess with the suspension therefore the idea came about of BMW approved Acs springs. For instance, I sent my car in for service with my newly purchased 19's & they did not want to touch the car until I reinstated the original wheels upon which they told me that I am not allowed to use non-bmw wheels on my car. You guys seriously have it good with understanding dealers, now I'm looking at about $670 US for the ACS when it woud of costed me $ 400 US for the Eibach.

Appreciate 0