E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Faulty light sensor question!!

02-18-2016, 06:24 PM   #1
Bimmer_BG09
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i Sport Sedan

Question Faulty light sensor question!!

Whenever I turn on my parking lamps and drive, my faulty light sensor comes on and I have checked every brake, reverse, signal, license plate, door, and headlights and they all work. This issue doesn't occur when I have my headlights turned on, just when I have only my parking lights on and it usually the sensor comes up when I brake? Maybe that's strange but after about 5 seconds it goes away and a few minutes later usually it comes on again. Only happens when I have my parking lights on which I though was strange. Anyone have any input on this issue? Anything would help, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 03:25 PM   #2
Donutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Any chance you have the daeos harness? I bought my car with this harness already installed. I had all kinds of problems from it, the last one being the parking light warning. Fed up with it, I finally yanked the harness out and it resolved the parking light warning.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 04:35 PM   #3
Bimmer_BG09
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i Sport Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Any chance you have the daeos harness? I bought my car with this harness already installed. I had all kinds of problems from it, the last one being the parking light warning. Fed up with it, I finally yanked the harness out and it resolved the parking light warning.
Yes I do that I show I bought it as well and am not sure if it's wired 100% correctly and recently one of my lux angel eyes went dim and started to flicker from time to time when only my DÆOS is operating but when I turn on my headlights or just parking lights it comes back on so I know it's not the bulb. I'm not trying to get rid of the DÆOS I just need to figure out what is causing my angel eye to malfunction and if you connect the system correctly u shouldn't get any error messages.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 07:54 PM   #4
Donutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I had a problem with one of my angel eyes also not working while the harness was installed. During the day only the driver's side angel eye would light up, and the passenger side would be off. Then after a few months the problem switched sides, and when the problem switched sides I also began getting the parking light warning. Mine would also worked fine when I used the parking lights. At night both sides would work fine. I would also get a 2ACB code from the harness.

After removing the harness the 2ACB code hasn't come back, the parking light warning is gone, and I coded my angel eyes to be drl.
Appreciate 0